QUESTIONS

Q: electrical/battery problems on 2006 GMC Yukon Denali

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
My 2006 Yukon Denali XL's battery has died twice in the last month. I had a 2004 that died at least 6 times in the 2 years that I owned it. Anyone else have this problem?
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
my 2002 yukon denali is recently having the same problems for the past two years. I have had the battery replaced three times, a new alternator, and a removal of a dvd player. I am still having the same problems. Can anyone help me?
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali that had similar issues. After many visits to the dealer and a local battery shop to help diagnose, I forced the dealer to keep looking to find the true root cause. It ended up being a problem with the ground connection to the frame that had a low potential across it, slowly draining the battery.
Is the battery old? It's possible the battery has become weak and this cold weather really drained it. Cold weather really does a number on batteries. Most shops can test the battery for you and many auto parts stores will test it for free if they have the tool. It's possible something else is draining the battery when the key is off but that would require some basic electrical knowledge and a multimeter to diagnose
Check to see if your climate control blower continues to run after youve turned off ignition
I'm having the same problem with the blower still running after I turn off the ignition.
I'm thinking it could be a bad blower motor resistor.
I have exact vehicle..battery did die..talk to a guy who has one that died often...he found that the amp for the stereo was pulling amps round the clock...disconnected it and no problems since