Car Questions

Electrical problems

(1997 Volkswagen Passat)
in Antes Fort, PA on July 13, 2009
Lately, I have my check engine come on, the light next to it as well. Car runs well,but door locks ,and anti-theft no longer work.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Its likely the door lock and anti-theft issue are are related but the Check Engine light issue is probably unrelated. The Check Engine light comes on any time the computer in your car sees a problem with the emission control system. It sees a problem that causes an increase in emissions. It best to get this checked out as it may lead to other problems. A scan tool is needed to retrieve codes stored in the computer in your car. The scan tool connects to a common 16 pin diagnostic socket under the dash of your VW or next to the ashtray.

The engine sometimes will not start and has to be jumped. The engine starts when jumped. The battery checks out as f...
I took my car to a shop recently and the mechanic told me that water from melted snow had gotten into my computer's a...