Car Questions

Electrical Problems

(1998 Buick Park Avenue)
in Conneaut, OH on April 15, 2009
Recently a lot of my electrical has stopped working, my door locks, my trunk release, my radio, and also I have had to jump my car a few times, because the battery was dead, and I am also getting a squealing sound. I was wondering if this sounds like an alternator problem, or just battery, because once my car is jumped, it runs fine. I can't afford to have anyone look at it..
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on April 17, 2009
It sounds like you may have a fuse out causing the locks, radio, etc. not to work. The alternator may or may not be working correctly, can you tell what is making the squealing sound? Any warning lights on the dash on?

I took my car to a shop recently and the mechanic told me that water from melted snow had gotten into my computer's a...
The truck runs fine had to replace that BCM about 3 months ago because my lights and my windows wouldn't work. After ...