QUESTIONS

Q: Electrical Problem? on 1991 Jaguar XJ6

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
My 1991 XJ-6 was running at idle in a parking lot...I went to drive on and turned on the headlights, (it was a rainy day) when all of the sudden the car totally dies...No electrical power what so ever. After I few minutes, the electrical power came on again, and I was able to drive away. As stated, all power dies completely...Almost as if we took the battery right out of the car. Help!
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
Check the battery connections are clean and secure. There is also several insulated studs or posts Jaguar use to carry power. Follow the heavy power cable from the battery positive terminal in the trunk I think that one is beneath the battery. In the engine compartment passenger side you will see another heavy black colored power cable its got a black rubber boot over it ensure these connections are tight. I have sen them loosen and do exactly what you describe. Jaguar has a technical service bulletin about this problem.