I have found out that the 2001 escape door handle interior reinforcements break very easily.I replaced the passenger side and now the driver side broke.I have no idea as to why Ford Motor Company does not put a recall on this item...The new reinforcement part # 6T2Z-78223N03-A is around 20 bucks.
Door Handles on 2001 Ford Escape
1 answerFebruary 03, 2009
14 answersApril 20, 2009
1 answerApril 27, 2009
1 answerOctober 28, 2010
3 answersAugust 27, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Throwing a Rich code p2196 p 2198
- Why would i have no stopping power with the brake pedal all the way depressed?
- I can't get the rear wiper motor to work.
- A/C compressor replaced twice in 6months 2nd time it worked for only 3 days.
- ABS and Road Traction lights go on at same time on and off. ,Brakes okay
2001 Ford Escape Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($753 - $959) in Harvey, ND
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - $66) in Durand, MI
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,612 - $2,125) in Cedar Hill, MO
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($546 - $1,357) in Buhl, MN
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($173 - $702) in Cherry Point, NC
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($301 - $644) in Kirkwood, IL