3rd gear is the worst. At about 30 miles per hour it wants to chug and jerks. Accelerating is just fine. It doesn't hesitate. But at a constant speed it doesn't want to run properly. And it only gets 25 to maybe 30 miles per gallon. I changed air and fuel filter and all the spark plugs.
doesn't run properley at a steady speed on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($360 - 599) in Hazel, KY
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Swampscott, MA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mill Creek, PA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($268 - 349) in Butler, KY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($567 - 614) in Guayanilla, PR
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Walkerton, IN