3rd gear is the worst. At about 30 miles per hour it wants to chug and jerks. Accelerating is just fine. It doesn't hesitate. But at a constant speed it doesn't want to run properly. And it only gets 25 to maybe 30 miles per gallon. I changed air and fuel filter and all the spark plugs.
doesn't run properley at a steady speed on 1994 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($268 - $349) in Hazel, KY
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($360 - $599) in Swampscott, MA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($190 - $279) in Mill Creek, PA
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($57 - $261) in Butler, KY
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($109 - $251) in Guayanilla, PR
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Walkerton, IN