My exhaust is getting noisy and the mechanic said he sees some rusted areas where it's leaking. He suggested to change the two pieces of pipes and the catalytic converter plus probably need to change the oxygen sensor because they break easily. Do I really need to change everything or can I just get the pipes changed that show the rusted areas?
Do I need to replace my catalytic converter? on 2004 Subaru Forester
2 answersNovember 20, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Forester Questions
- What is the belt that goes to my alternator called? It needs replaced.
- I was rear ended having just made a left turn & starting to accelerate. What
- Drivers side window started not working when cold, worked when warmed, now quit
- The passenger side air bag indicators shows it is off. How do I turn it on?
2004 Subaru Forester Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($676 - 1,653) in Freetown, IN
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Upper Falls, MD
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($103 - 144) in Lebanon, VA
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 63) in Lenni, PA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($124 - 168) in Citrus Heights, CA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($104 - 117) in Newark, NY