Car Questions

Do fuel injectors require replacement after 60K if no problems with the car are

(2008 Chevrolet Impala)
in Mapleville, RI on June 08, 2012
My car has 66K on it, without any problems. When I brought it in recently for an routine oil change, the shop insisted I needed to replace my injectors as part of 60K routine maintenance. I have never heard such a thing - have you?
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Replace? Definitely not.
However, a fuel system cleaning, such as a BG induction system service, could be recommended and may b e beneficial. How much are they asking for this service? If it is in the neighborhood of $80-120, then they are offering a cleaning service. Replacing the injectors would cost several hundred dollars.
on March 02, 2014
no they dont need to be replaced. they can last for over 200,000 miles, you should only need to replace them if u can see gas leaking from where it sits in the intake manifold or where the fuel rail sits over the top of the injectors

I have to add 3 to 4 quarts of oil every 500 miles. Where is it going? I use the recomended oil by G.M.
Just need to play my CDs. I never known a car without a CD player