Car Questions

Did the new control arm bushings fix the problem?

(2003 Volvo XC70)
in Beverly, MA on December 05, 2012
I took my xc to the dealer to find the problem with the bobblng noise in the front suspension. They scratched their heads and said it must be the strut. $700 later, I still have the same problem. I suggested the control arm bushings and they said the car would sway move back and forth when stopping. I had a similar problem a few years back and it turned out to be the bushings on the front sway bar were worn out.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on December 10, 2012
These models have problems with the lower control arm bushings, so that could be it, but it could be the upper strut mounts (which they should have checked when they replaced the struts), or the ball joints, or the sway bar link rods.
It's odd that a Volvo Dealer couldn't figure this out, and that they replaced a good part. I would request the shop foreman go for a ride with you and demonstrate the noise for them.

how do I gain access to the fan? I tried by removing the glove box, but still couldn't see the fan.
my 2007 xc70 died and i am waiting for a road side assistance. the engine seems to be extremely hot. Anti freeze flui...