Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance


(1998 Chevrolet Tracker)
in Wynne, AR on March 20, 2009
How Do I separate the diff housing to remove the snap ring when I replace the RH CV joint?
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on May 14, 2010
you don't. to replace the axel or to work on a 3 peice axel you need to undo the lower ball joint, tie rod end (makes it easier), axel nut at the hub then use a pry bar to pry the axel out of the transmission.
on March 20, 2009
Try checking the service information available from Autozone. There website is
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
There us a popping noise on the passenger side when turning right. we have changed the rack and pinion, tie rods, con...
It’s almost like it’s the transmission ... but it didn’t happen till i had the cv joint changed ... when i give it ga...
Didn't find what you were looking for?