Car Questions

Cutting off problem

(1995 Nissan Maxima)
in Rembert, SC on June 30, 2009
My car cuts off while sitting at red lights & while the air is on.Problem doesn't show up on computer. What could it be?
Displaying 2 answers & 1 comments
Could be a multitude of things, so hard to guess without being able to drive the car or experience the problem first hand. It could be a vacuum leak, or idle speed control problem. Have seen air flow meters to cause a loss of power and stalling as well but all the problems I mention cause a Service Engine Soon light to illuminate. Scan tool information then shows lean mixture codes and Long and Short Term Fuel Trim figures to be radically off.
Knock sensor in itself shouldn't cause the car to cut out (a lot of Nissans store what seems like an erroneous knock sensor code).
I have seen a lot of air flow meters cause stalling but they flag a coded for lean conditions.
on July 08, 2009
I had a similar problem with my 1995 Maxima. I took it to a local shop in Glendale, CA. They identified the knock sensor as the problem. They replaced it for me and the problem disappeared.

I was driving my 2005 lincoln aviator when all of a sudden it died,didnt show no over heating no warning lights,tried...
My 97 Cutlass Supreme has recently begun having serious issues. For the past month or so there has been a steady ...