QUESTIONS

Q: cutting off problem on 1995 Nissan Maxima

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
My car cuts off while sitting at red lights & while the air is on.Problem doesn't show up on computer. What could it be?
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
Could be a multitude of things, so hard to guess without being able to drive the car or experience the problem first hand. It could be a vacuum leak, or idle speed control problem. Have seen air flow meters to cause a loss of power and stalling as well but all the problems I mention cause a Service Engine Soon light to illuminate. Scan tool information then shows lean mixture codes and Long and Short Term Fuel Trim figures to be radically off.
| |
Knock sensor in itself shouldn't cause the car to cut out (a lot of Nissans store what seems like an erroneous knock sensor code).
I have seen a lot of air flow meters cause stalling but they flag a coded for lean conditions.
I had a similar problem with my 1995 Maxima. I took it to a local shop in Glendale, CA. They identified the knock sensor as the problem. They replaced it for me and the problem disappeared.