Computer problem?
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Computer Problem?

(1999 Pontiac Grand Prix)
I recently had my transmission rebuilt. I still have a problem shifting out of first gear. My RPM's go to almost 4k before shifting. This doesn't happen when I first drive my car it happens as the car gets warmer. It also will shift hard sometimes and sometimes it shifts perfect even hot. Could there be a problem with my computer making my transmission do this? I have a po741 code,but could it be a faulty computer?
1 answer & 1 comment
I have been having the same problem right now, I had the transmission rebuilt about 4 months ago and it is still having the problem of shifting, mine revs to 4500 rpm before shifting when it gets hot. I took it back in and they couldn't find the problem. Now today mine just stopped running all of a sudden instead of shifting and won't start back up :( I'd be careful driving it for too long before you figure out what the problem is. It could lead to bigger problems....
I was told that its a electrical part on the trans. (selnoid,sensor,valve something of that nature) I'll find out the exact name for you. I haven't had it replaced yet because the shop that's doing it had all their tools stolen (one man operation) but I do believe this will fix my problem. This part is only going to check bad when it gets hot. It would not have check bad during the rebuild because its cold. I'll let you know how it went
Automatic Transmission Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More

I have a 2003 mitsubishi oulander you mount the engine mitsubishi galan 1999, all remained perfect but it has two...