Car Questions

Clutch problems

(1990 Chevrolet Camaro)
in Kent, WA on April 08, 2009
First off my camaro is a 1989 IrocZ with a 5 speed tranny. this happens in warmer weather and in stop and go traffic. I never ride the clutch but after a while the clutch seems to stop working and even when pressed down the car keeps moving. It's really hard to get it into or out of gear at this point also. When the car cools down for a while it acts normal. The car repair guys think I'm nuts. HELP!!!! I'm NOT!
Displaying 1 answers & 1 comments
on April 10, 2009
Perhaps the clutch fluid is overheating or there is a problem with the clutch master or slave cylinder when hot. You could try flushing the clutch fluid and see if that helps.
on June 15, 2010
The exact same thing is happening to me now. I have a 2004 Hyundai Sonata and the pedal only sticks when it's extremely hot outside. I thought it had something to do with the AC being on, because it would do it when the AC is on but when I turned it off 5 minutes later it pushes in like butter. The Hyundai people think I am crazy and want me to give them $2,000. I don't want to do that if replacing everything isn't going to remedy it.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

I just got a diagnosis for a valve body that houses a pressor switch b/c my van is shifting in first an second gear. ...
Well i've changed the compressor and add the necessary oils and refrigerate. every step it takes so it's just still w...