Car Questions

Clutch problem.

(1994 Ford Ranger)
in Ripon, WI on August 20, 2010
While I was driving to work this morning my clutch went to the floor and I could not shift gears. My boss came and picked me up and after work I called the shop to see what they recommended, they said to check the clutch fluid and sure enough there wasn't any in. I added some and could shift while the truck was off, but did not want to shift while it was running. My boss started it in second and got it to the shop. They aren't able to look at it until next week but was wondering if it is the slave cylinder, how much it would cost at a shop, along with the price if it is just the line. Thanks much.
Displaying 3 answers & 1 comments
on August 20, 2010
It's likely that you'll need a new clutch slave and master cylinder. You can look up estimate ranges for both with RepairPal's estimator: http://repairpal.com/estimator
on October 14, 2010
Yeah, replaced the slave and clutch plate, worked good, then boom, it went out again. Now I need the master. Then find out the line is not bleeding and need another slave???? Will it ever end???
on January 03, 2014
Sounds to me that u clutch slave cylinder has ither broke or got air into the syatem
on October 14, 2010
My 1994 Ford Ranger XL had the same problem>the clutch needed replacing>researched local shops with A+++ Better Business Bureau & Cottman Transmission had the highest ratings>the cost for repair was $800. Good Luck with yours!

A guy from Auto Zone store checked and the code is P0741:Torque converter clutch solenoid problem,they dont have the ...
Having major transmission problems. Car shuts down to limp mode and the diagnostic tool reading mentions pressure sen...