Car Questions

Clutch problem

(1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max)
in Puyallup, WA on March 22, 2011
i was driving home and the clutch went to the floor so i started working on it i have replaced the clutch the cable the throw out bearing and had the tranny looked at by a mechanic it is a cable oporated clutch and i still have no clutch i pulled the pedal off but its not broken could it be twisted it the only thing i havent replaced please help
Displaying 2 answers & 3 comments
on March 22, 2011
did you replace the pressure plate and disc??

Roy
on March 27, 2011
Looking for same answer. 1990 Mighty Max, cable operated, replaced pressure plate and disc, throw out bearing, cable, drain and replaced oil. Net result? Still no pressure on clutch arm. Nothing appears damaged, and everything appears to be put in correctly and pressure disc is torqued to specs (12-14 ft/lbs). Maybe someone can throw us both a bone with a good guess.
on March 27, 2011
the cable sounds like the issue. the way it is mounted to the firewall or pedal assembly. the other end is at the trans or bell housing. make sure it is secured and not floating. it has to be stationary in order to move the arm on the throw out bearing. the adjustment is key as well but i doubt it is that.
let me know how it is mounted

Roy
on August 12, 2011
its the throw out control ARM they are cast aluiminum an they get bent an tweaked over time . mine snapped so I instantly saw the problem now I'm stuck with the question weather or not I can replace it with out having to replace the whole transmission or having to do a full removal. any tips will help.
on October 27, 2012
i need to know more about this? mine looks like the firewall is pulling in??

I have bright lights,horn is loud - I do have power. I'd like to know if there's a relay or switch behind the clutch ...
I replaced the master and slave cylinder I bled it but when I started it I lost all pressure in my clutch and wldnt g...