Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Chevrolet 2500 Pickup owners like you.

Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their Chevrolet 2500 Pickup. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Compare Car Reviews with Another Vehicle
Compare Vehicles
compared with
By on 4/26/12 | Bloomington, IL
HAD THIS TRUCK FOR 2 YEARS, RAN GOOD FOR A WHILE. NOW THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP I EVER OWNED. NO MECHANIC CAN FIGURE OUT WHY IT DIES WHILE DRIVING OR WONT REMAIN IDLE. NEXT TRUCK I BUY WILL CERTAINLY BE A FORD. CHEVY SUCKS !!!
By on 8/18/10 | Backus, MN
This has been a very good truck, a work horse literaly. Wood hauler, horse trailers, in the woods where there are no roads. Real good truck. When she breaks down, which is rare, we take care of her. She's more than paid for herself long ago...Ya she's a she..
By on 1/7/10 | Ocala, FL
Altho I love this truck, it has some problems. Suspension and steering could be tighter- poor turning radius. I've had about every problem described in common problems, but I've owned Fords before this, and would buy this truck again- or any other Chevy- before another Ford. With 193,000 on my beast, it still runs strong. I feel like I've gotten my money out of it and plan to keep repairing until it gives out completely. To me, they are all "maintenance" repairs anyway at this mileage.
By on 11/20/09 | Granite Bay, CA
Bought new in late 98 and now 175,000+ miles. Fuel pump failed at about 150,000 No other issues until last year. A/C finally had to be replaced. Water pump same year. Can't complain. This truck is a work horse. Towed enclosed 24 foot racecar trailer all over West coast and a 24 foot cabin cruiser from Sacramento River to Columbia River to Lake Mead to Lake Havasu... never a mishap.
By on 8/31/09 | Banning, CA
My third 2500 very reliable very dependable
By on 12/9/08 | Emeryville, CA
Bought my 1992 Chevrolet K2500 used about 10 years ago now and it's been really dependable. It has great lowend grunt with the towing gears and we have even been able to muster 16mpg from it. It's much smoother on the road than my Toyota pickup but I still love them both. No real big problems to report, just normal maintenance. The cruise control stopped working but I'm told the multifunction switch (drumstick on the steering column) is a common cause. We recently put some new Goodyears on it and what a difference it made in handling. I remember the interior door pulls (arm rest handles) came loose so we had to replace those but no major problems so far (100K miles)