Check engine light came on while driving. Stopped the car and checked the usual ... was the gas cap on tight. Took off, put back on ... making sure it was clicking ... started the car again. Light was still on. Waited 24 hours and tried again. Light still on. Is it safe to drive?
Check engine light on on 2004 Subaru Forester
Asked by Visitor for the 2004 Subaru Forester
Verified for the Subaru Forester45 reports
Verified for the Subaru Forester253 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Forester Questions
- What is the belt that goes to my alternator called? It needs replaced.
- I was rear ended having just made a left turn & starting to accelerate. What
- Drivers side window started not working when cold, worked when warmed, now quit
- The passenger side air bag indicators shows it is off. How do I turn it on?
2004 Subaru Forester Estimates
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Freetown, IN
- Brake Pad Replacement ($128 - 205) in Upper Falls, MD
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($300 - 343) in Lebanon, VA
- Thermostat Replacement ($98 - 140) in Lenni, PA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Citrus Heights, CA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($348 - 397) in Newark, NY