charging problem on 1990 Dodge Ramcharger

i've replaced the alternator and battery, can't hold a charge. trying to figure out if its a fuseable link, what do you think?

by in Louisville, KY on August 15, 2009
2 answers 4 comments
ANSWER by on August 15, 2009
What is the alternator output? Need to know the voltage and the max amperage output. Will also need to know the results of a load test on the charging system.
COMMENT by on August 20, 2009
do i need to hook some kind of meter to the alternator to get the output and max ampage, and voltage info?
COMMENT by on August 20, 2009
load test? is that the test that autozone does with their machine?
ANSWER by on September 09, 2009
what did you figure out? I am stumped with mine cant figure out why I am not getting a charge when my battery and alternator test just fine. I am really tired of trying to figure this out.
COMMENT by on September 09, 2009
I am Getting 120 amps of voltage from alternator. But I am also getting Ignition feed through bolth field untill i disconnecet the altnator. then the computor sends a ground. I can ground the altanator manuley to charge but the truck wont do it itself
COMMENT by on September 05, 2010
its the computer-computer controls the ground-bad design by dodge.
i have replaced the alternator new battery and the voltage regulater and it is still discharging this is a 1984 model.i had the old alternator checked and it tested ok but i replaced it anyway.when...