1990 Dodge Ramcharger Q&A

1990 Dodge Ramcharger Question: charging problem

i've replaced the alternator and battery, can't hold a charge. trying to figure out if its a fuseable link, what do you think? -
What is the alternator output? Need to know the voltage and the max amperage output. Will also need to know the results of a load test on the charging system. -
Comment 1
do i need to hook some kind of meter to the alternator to get the output and max ampage, and voltage info? -
Comment 2
load test? is that the test that autozone does with their machine? -
what did you figure out? I am stumped with mine cant figure out why I am not getting a charge when my battery and alternator test just fine. I am really tired of trying to figure this out. -
Comment 1
I am Getting 120 amps of voltage from alternator. But I am also getting Ignition feed through bolth field untill i disconnecet the altnator. then the computor sends a ground. I can ground the altanator manuley to charge but the truck wont do it itself -
Comment 2
its the computer-computer controls the ground-bad design by dodge. -
i have replaced the alternator new battery and the voltage regulater and it is still discharging this is a 1984 model.i had the old alternator checked and it tested ok but i replaced it anyway.when...