Car Questions

Charging problem

(1990 Dodge Ramcharger)
in Louisville, KY on August 15, 2009
i've replaced the alternator and battery, can't hold a charge. trying to figure out if its a fuseable link, what do you think?
Displaying 2 answers & 4 comments
on August 15, 2009
What is the alternator output? Need to know the voltage and the max amperage output. Will also need to know the results of a load test on the charging system.
on August 20, 2009
do i need to hook some kind of meter to the alternator to get the output and max ampage, and voltage info?
on August 20, 2009
load test? is that the test that autozone does with their machine?
on September 09, 2009
what did you figure out? I am stumped with mine cant figure out why I am not getting a charge when my battery and alternator test just fine. I am really tired of trying to figure this out.
on September 09, 2009
I am Getting 120 amps of voltage from alternator. But I am also getting Ignition feed through bolth field untill i disconnecet the altnator. then the computor sends a ground. I can ground the altanator manuley to charge but the truck wont do it itself
on September 05, 2010
its the computer-computer controls the ground-bad design by dodge.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Wouldn't start..mechanic said i need a ecm...wondering what they cost used?
Even when not moving it goes up and down.