1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Suburban 1500
- why is rear drive shaft making a loud popping sound when put in drive/reverse?
- hard start and check engine light since moving from lower altitude
- the gear selector stopped showing and the RPM and speed meter all stopped workin
- How to correct the trouble code : Shift solenoid B circuit electrical
- Eng coolant temp guage reads 250 after replacing water pump,t-stat,temp sensor
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
its been making this horrible popping for about 3 weeks and getting worse, what is it and how much to fix?
Won't start if left off for more than two days. Once started, starts again first time every time within 2 days. Then won't start unless jumped and gas pumped repeatedly. Battery always checks out good. Dealer says no drain on battery, no codes on computer. Engine runs fine.
Check engine ...
When these stopped working the transmission stopped down shifting. I can manual shift but it takes off in second gear. This happed once before and I only had to restart the truck to fix the problem. But that doesn't work this time. I have been told trans speed sensor or engine module may be...
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
i've had my 97 suburban for 13 yrs still going strong with 383,657 mi but i bought a new drivetrain so it can take me another 400,00