1996 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC Suburban 1500
- where and how do I install a thermostat on a 1996 Suburban 1500?
- replace license plate bulb
- 1996 GMC suburban, was driving over a speed bump the vehicle stalled
- fornt brakecalipers get tighter and tighter as your driving untill they lock up
- What is a transmission module? Diagnose between module or transmission?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 760-2072 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 917-3997 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-8915 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 592-6091 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 637-0483 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4594 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 349-4620 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 384-4479 | 18.95mi
1996 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1996 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
need to replace thermostat on 1996 Suburban 1500 engine.
releases after it cools down, i replaced front calipers pads hoses and mastercyclinder abs with disc ft drum rear
truck runs good when driving. but at idle it has a miss. I'v changed the distributor(new) spark plug wires,cap,rotor,plugs still has the code.
1996 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1996 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
From dunes of Outer Banks to Continental Divide over 13000 ft., has never left me stranded anywhere. New trany at 194,000, still going at 236,000. My 2001 Yukon got swapped in Cash for Clunkers, but this one lives on! Turning radius huge, rear brakes too small--not a vehicle for sissies, but we still love it.
MY suburban has 216,780 miles on it and it is still going strong. I love this truck, most reliable vechicle I have ever owned. The body is in overall great shape to for a 96