Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 1 - 30 of 14622 reviewsFilter
By on 8/10/18 | Boca Raton, FL | Car Owner
Don't buy a bmw unless you're want problems. There extremely unreliable. Junk
By on 8/7/18 | Marietta, GA | Car Owner
Worst car I have ever owned. In last year $4600 on repairs now unsble to figure out what is wrong
By on 8/4/18 | Phoenix, AZ | Car Owner
I have been driving a 2017 Camaro for almost 6 months and its an upgrade from my last car, a 2015 Chevy Camaro that i drove for about 2 years. I have no complaints about either. They are solid cars and everything thar i expected.
By on 8/4/18 | Blackwood, NJ | Car Owner
Best car I ever owned.
By on 8/3/18 | Winder, GA | Car Owner
Excellent
The CVT transmission fluid in this car should be changed according to Nissan's schedule.
By on 8/3/18 | Lakeside, CA | Car Owner
I really would hate to get rid of my car - I like the interior much better than the black and grey interiors of almost all cars today, and though the paint has cracks in the hood area, I love driving my car - seems to have a lot of power, very comfortable for long trips, good gas mileage on the highway on long drives, repair rating since I bought it almost new has been great - I have kept this car well maintained, and it still doesn't use much oil, though it does have a slight oil leak - and a very slight trans leak -
By on 7/28/18 | Ventura, CA | Car Owner
Ask me questions
By on 7/27/18 | Huntington Beach, CA | Car Owner
Above Average
Be in love with this car- the luxury, performance, practicality, quirkiness--or be done with it! Very expensive to repair the numerous little things that go wrong
By < of on 7/25/18 | Sparks, NV | Leased Car
It looks a little weird and the seats seem like they'd be kind of hard to clean, though I haven't needed to. The manual is nice to drive and feels good. It doesn't have much in horse power but it does have a lot more gittyup than my old car. (An old POS). I'm happy with it being as it's my first vehicle.
By on 7/20/18 | Tallahassee, FL | Car Owner
DON"T BUY BMW , BULL-SHIT MOTOR WORKS, THESE CARS ARE VERY POORLY DESIGNED, OVERLY COMPLICATED, MATTER OFF FACT COMPLICATED WITH AN IDEA TO BRING THE CUSTOMER BACK TO DEALER TO STEAL MONEY AGAIN AND AGAIN.. WHEN YOU PAY SO MUCH MONEY ON THESE CARS, YOU WILL THINK THAT THEY LAST A LONG TIME, BUT THESE CARS START GIVING YOU PROBLEMS FROM 20,000 MILES. BULL-SHIT MOTOR WORKS GIVES CUSTOMERS WARRANTY UPTO 50,000 MILES AFTER THAT YOU WILL NEVER SLEEP. THIS SHIT WILL START LEAKING FROM THE BOTTOM. ONCE THERE IS A LEAK, YOU CANT GET IT FIX IT OUTSIDE THE STEALERSHIP, BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE HAVE THE EQUIPMENT THAT CAN HOLD THIS SHIP, EVERY ISSUE NEEDS A LOT OF LABOR. FOR EXAMPLE VALVE COVER, PARTS ARE VERY CHEAP, OIL PAN GASKET BUT THE MONEY ON LABOR IS ATLEAST 1000 DOLLARS. CUSTOMER WILL END UP PAYING ALOT FOR THE INCOMPITENTLY DESIGNED PIECE OF SHIT.
BMW BULL-SHIT MOTOR WORKS
By on 7/13/18 | Eads, CO | Car Owner
Excellent
at this time my aveo has very little power, it surges, it goes about 10 mph, the fue lpump shows 61lbs pressure , no vacuum leaks, shows good ignition, replaced the map, it shows a 172 code, po 102, po113 ,po597, po420, this car a 2010 lxv I guess I will replaced the fuel pump. I think Chevrolet should recall all aveo. they are a piece of junk why hasn't the gov. made GM recall these cars the are un safe.
By on 7/12/18 | Budd Lake, NJ | Car Owner
Excellent
For the first 60,000 miles and 5 years, I really don't have any issues with my 2013 Ford Edge, until it reaches 67,000 miles at about 6 years. It starts to leak under the hood at around 67,000 miles and I had no idea what's happening. I decided to get it to dealership for service, but the transmission fails and was not able to drive. Finally I got it to the dealer and they asked $1,800 to fix the issue, saying that the leakage is from the transmission fluid. I was very disappointed with this because I never used it for any heavy duty and with good maintenance; however, without any signs, it just leaks and transmission just failed at the point of passing the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty! I paid the money and get the car back. Unfortunately, they didn't fixed it -- AGAIN, IT LEAKS on the next day I drove it back! I am really frustrated and disappointed with FORD and its Dealership Service and will NEVER buy FORD again. Please people, learn a lesson from me:)
By on 7/9/18 | Chesterfield, MO | Car Owner
Transmission went out at 458,000 miles gave to the kidney foundation.
Bought a MDX nice but loved my 1997 RL.
Looking to buy another RL USED.
By on 7/8/18 | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Leased Car
Reliability Rating: (3/5)
Average
After so many years with this brand Volkswagen it may be time to Sever the ties if these issues persist. Great car is up until 2016 forward
By on 7/7/18 | Burlington, NJ | Car Owner
Above Average
I'made the original owner, just hit 60,000 miles and have had no problems at all with this car. The manual transmission has been smooth, unlike the problems with the automatic I've read so much about. I've never had zero repairs on a car (especially by this mileage). Still fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. The voice activation on the Sync radio takes a few tries sometimes, but no big deal. All pain and trim looks like new. Would highly recommend for the money.
By on 7/7/18 | Belton, TX | Car Owner
I bought this car as a CPO through Lexus in 2009 with about 36,000 miles. I’ve only done two unexpected repairs and it was the alternator both times. Because the alternator drained the battery I also had to replace the battery both times. Seems to happen every 4 years... otherwise this car has not had any other issue. It’s been nothing but routine maintenance and service. Mileage is what you would expect for an SUV... we get an average of 17-18mpg but highway driving can go up to as much as 20. City driving can go as low as 13mpg... really depends on where you spend more time driving. We have used this suv on several long road trips and it’s very comfortable. I really have few complaints with this vehicle. Stick to the routine maintenance and service and it will last. Currently have over 110,000 miles. We don’t drive it a lot but it’s been a really good car. That being said, parts are not that cheap but they are also not too expensive. Just have to look.
By on 7/7/18 | Belton, TX | Car Owner
Above Average
E350 Bluetec drives well, is comfortable and gets great mileage on the highway. I get between 34 to 38 mpg. However! You will eventually have to replace the Rear Main Seal, the Oil Cooler Seals, one if not all of the NOX Sensors, the EGR Valve (or constantly clean it), the EGR Pressure Sensor and (potentially) the EGR Cooler (or clean it... working out that piece now). Bottom line, this is a high maintenance car. The engine takes almost 9 quarts of oil for an oil change and because of the amount of soot that quickly builds up in the engine, you have to use a specific type of synthetic oil, which you will generally not find at any oil change station. The MB dealership will have it but they charge over $200 for an oil change. I do most of the servicing on the vehicle, provided it’s something I can do over a weekend so I same money on labor but parts are not cheap. Despite how well the car drives, I don’t recommend the diesel version of the E class... or any MB Bluetec.
By on 7/6/18 | New York, NY | Car Owner
Honda CRV 2004 model perhaps was the best model of the lot. Maintence has been the lowest ever. It was my first honda car bought new. i have chaged shocks only once in 14 years and that was the the only unscheduled repair i had ! everything else is working prfectly wel.
By on 7/4/18 | Long Beach, CA | Car Owner
I have to say I got a real deal on Facebook for this gem of a car. 72,000 miles and nearly 20 years old, it has been sitting in a garage in Sherman Oaks, California in dry mild climate weather -- which means the seals are like new, the gaskets are fine, and the lady that owned it kept all the service records for all 20 years.

One of those real finds.

So I am reading some of the reviews on here, and I am seeing a few different camps and I think to some extent they reflect climate/environmental conditions and how heavily they were driven.

I looked at about 12 cars before selecting the one I bought and what influenced me the most was:

1 - Price
9 - always garaged in dry cool locations in Southern California
10 - owner willing to let me pull a Carfax on the car

I hope this helps you!
By on 6/28/18 | Glendale, AZ | Car Owner
Owner of a 01 Windstar with 538,000 and no signs of slowing down. Engine is still strong and I have never had any major failures, only routine maintenance. It’s been operating in the harshest of summer conditions in Arizona since and she was purchased with 7 miles on the OD. Ford has recognized this van and it’s a testimate to the Ford brand. See more here https://social.ford.com/en_US/posts.html/ownership/high-mileage/uxzv-high_mileagewindsta.html
By on 6/27/18 | Youngstown, OH | Car Owner
I fell in love with this car from day one (6/10/2004) and would never trade it in for the world. The worst thing GM did was stop making it.
By on 6/26/18 | Rosharon, TX | Car Owner
I bought my Jetta new for 25,000 in 2006. It has leather seats which started ripping after 2 years a headliner that starting falling down after warranty. I took my car in the first year and warranty paid to replace radio. The leather seats started ripping the second year and they refused VW Clear Lake in Houston refused to replace them. The only good thing about this car is engine. A/C stopped working after warranty and passenger side air bag light is on. I read all owners should have been notified and I nerver received a notice and it expired in 2014. Piece of junk..I dont think you can donate it and get more than 500.00.
By on 6/21/18 | Middleburg, FL | Car Owner
Excellent
I have reviewed several other Jeep owners on the Internet having similar problems with ABS, ESC, Chk Eng eBrake lights and this seems to be a common problem. But I will not hold my breath for Chrysler to say something.
By on 6/17/18 | Dunedin, FL | Car Owner
Car is as reliable as it gets, but not perfect. The power steering pump, resurfacing the front rotors, and front wheel bearing, 1 o2 sensor, and air intake hose in 14 years of ownership. excellent seats, performance, but it's noisy on rough pavement and the ride to stiff at times.
By on 6/16/18 | Lindenhurst, NY | Car Owner
I would buy one again.
By on 6/15/18 | Lewisville, TX | Car Owner
Runs good..handles well especially on highway. Good fuel economy..good turning radius. Comfortable ride and lumbar support.
By on 6/12/18 | Hampton, GA | Car Owner
Excellent
I have only had mine for a copule of months, but i believe that it is a decent car at a fair price. Plenty of standard options and the mileage is exceptional. The paint does seem to damage easily though. Lots of little chips and scratches visible. I bought it used (from a nissan dealership), but have several of those since purchasing. Overall i would still say that i got a good car for the price i paid.
By on 6/10/18 | Olympia, WA | Car Owner
This car was generally expensive to keep. In total over the 12 years I drove it since new, the transmission had gone out twice. I did not pay for the repair on the first one, as it was under warranty. The most expensive fix was the throttle body. $1,100. The normal wheel bearings went out. Tie rods. Struts, and shocks. The ABS light stayed during the whole time. At 310,000 miles the 2nd transmission went out, there was a broken rear motor mount, and power steering pump started leaking. When the trans went out the 2nd time, I surrendered and bought an Accord. I am sure the Genesis is a much better car, but considering the price point, I would imagine it is expensive to repair. For a V6, it has great acceleration from 40 mph. It has some giddy up. Would I buy another car like this? No, there is a reason they stopped making these at 2005.
By on 6/8/18 | St. George, UT | Car Owner