Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 1 - 30 of 14600 reviewsFilter
By on 6/21/18 | Middleburg, FL | Car Owner
Excellent
I have reviewed several other Jeep owners on the Internet having similar problems with ABS, ESC, Chk Eng eBrake lights and this seems to be a common problem. But I will not hold my breath for Chrysler to say something.
By on 6/17/18 | Dunedin, FL | Car Owner
Car is as reliable as it gets, but not perfect. The power steering pump, resurfacing the front rotors, and front wheel bearing, 1 o2 sensor, and air intake hose in 14 years of ownership. excellent seats, performance, but it's noisy on rough pavement and the ride to stiff at times.
By on 6/16/18 | Lindenhurst, NY | Car Owner
I would buy one again.
By on 6/15/18 | Lewisville, TX | Car Owner
Runs good..handles well especially on highway. Good fuel economy..good turning radius. Comfortable ride and lumbar support.
By on 6/12/18 | Hampton, GA | Car Owner
Excellent
I have only had mine for a copule of months, but i believe that it is a decent car at a fair price. Plenty of standard options and the mileage is exceptional. The paint does seem to damage easily though. Lots of little chips and scratches visible. I bought it used (from a nissan dealership), but have several of those since purchasing. Overall i would still say that i got a good car for the price i paid.
By on 6/10/18 | Olympia, WA | Car Owner
This car was generally expensive to keep. In total over the 12 years I drove it since new, the transmission had gone out twice. I did not pay for the repair on the first one, as it was under warranty. The most expensive fix was the throttle body. $1,100. The normal wheel bearings went out. Tie rods. Struts, and shocks. The ABS light stayed during the whole time. At 310,000 miles the 2nd transmission went out, there was a broken rear motor mount, and power steering pump started leaking. When the trans went out the 2nd time, I surrendered and bought an Accord. I am sure the Genesis is a much better car, but considering the price point, I would imagine it is expensive to repair. For a V6, it has great acceleration from 40 mph. It has some giddy up. Would I buy another car like this? No, there is a reason they stopped making these at 2005.
By on 6/8/18 | Saint George, UT | Car Owner
Great Car!
By on 6/6/18 | Bowling Green, KY | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
Good so far
By on 6/5/18 | Marrero, LA | Car Owner
All in all, I have never had a more reliable vehicle. Thank you Toyota! Even with all of the numerous aftermarket accessories and added weight/strain on the engine, I have never had to have ANY work needed. In fact, it wasn't until this past winter that I decided to upgrade my spark plugs, considering that I have never had a tune up, nor any reason to have one performed.

If I were to list the pros and cons, they would be as follows:

PROS: reliability, handling, comfortable daily driver and a go anywhere vehicle.

CONS: windshield is prone to cracks due to its upright position (but lesser than that of a Jeep), blind spots in the rearview mirror (especially when coupled with an oversized spare tire - essentially the rear view mirror is nothing more than an added vanity mirror for the driver; the driver must be accustomed to using their side mirrors), small fuel tank (17 Gallon) coupled with poor fuel economy.

Overall, this is a GREAT vehicle and I would recommend it 100%.
By on 6/4/18 | Conyers, GA | Car Owner
I bought this car new in December, 2006. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned.
By on 6/2/18 | Interlachen, FL | Car Owner
I purchased this vehicle brand new with 6 miles on it.The truck has never left us stranded and maintenance costs have been normal.This vehicle is a wander to own and drive,both on road and off road.It just turned 111,000 on the odometer yesterday and we'll continue to own her till the wheels fall off !
By on 5/30/18 | Corryton, TN | Car Owner
We love the reliability of our Honda CRV and have hauled lumber, building materials, furniture, and used it to help us move twice. Would definitely buy another one. If we get 240,000 miles like we did with our last two new Honda’s will be very happy.
By on 5/28/18 | Rowlett, TX | Car Owner
Would recommend to anyone.
By on 5/26/18 | Tucson, AZ | Car Owner
An internet purchase for us, not that this is relevant. Bought the card at 59k miles, low for an '06. I read through the other reviews and noticed a trend on broken radiators around 60k miles and I'll be damned if mine did not break at 61k. Cracked along the top tank. So you can probably count on this one happening at some point.

Transmission had a shift issue that felt like driving over a cattle guard and it hunted a bit. Took it to a reputable shop who diagnosed wrong fluid in the tranny. Basic design is supposed to be solid. Sure enough, after a thorough flush that cleared right up.

I had the plugs replaced and two of them were locked in, apparently common to the ford 3V motors, there is even a kit for this.

Interior is decent, the door handle pulls are a bit awkward. V8 is snappy and powerful, a little heavy on fuel for a modern engine but gets 22-24 on hwy and 13-15 in town.

It is a well configured in town vehicle for a large family. We'll see on mtx over time.
By on 5/23/18 | Anderson, SC | Car Owner
Excellent
The Dodge Challenger RT is a wonderful retro car a great tribute to the muscle cars of the early 1970s. The Challenger is a big car with a big motor and a big attitude. It gets attention everywhere. The seats are very comfortable making the car a good option if you want to take a long distance trip. The HEMI engine does use more gas but on the highway I average about 20 to 21 which is acceptable. Radio and all accessories are nice and easy to use. A third passenger would find the backseat comfortable as well with simple AC vents in the back. They would find it a chore to getting in and out. Overall the Challenger is a wonderful car with a wonderful personality.
By on 5/22/18 | Jackson, MI | Car Owner
I think it’s a good vehicle, I just got a lemon.
By on 5/22/18 | Moncks Corner, SC | Car Owner
I have owned this car for 10 years and it has never left me stranded one time. I have had to replace the battery three times, and normal wear things like struts and brakes. However these things will need to be replaced on every car after a while. It is very comfortable to drive long distances and I should know, because I broke my back several years ago. The controls are laid out in a way that they are all easy to use. I had a class 2 hitch installed to pull my motorcycle and it pulls my trailer and bike nicely. It has a very strong v6 with a timing chain and not a belt, that would need to be replaced every 80,000 miles. The car has great visibility with minor blind spots. The stereo in it has very nice and full sound. There is lots of cup holders with two of them in an arm rest that comes down for the rear passengers. While doing highway speeds it is nice and quiet inside the car with minor road noise. Overall I love this car and will drive it as long as I am able to.
By on 5/21/18 | Woodbridge, VA | Car Owner
Need to know how to repair that problem
By on 5/19/18 | Culpeper, VA | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
Best car I've ever owned. Large, plenty of truck space and so quiet on the road. Super comfort.
By on 5/19/18 | Chestertown, MD | Car Owner
Now at 72,000 miles with regular maintenance I have no complaints. Synthetic oil every 6 months or 3,000 miles.
By on 5/17/18 | Mineola, NY | Rented This Car
This was one of the very best cars VW/Audi built at the time. If you look at present day VW reliability ratings and automotive reviews, as an authentic European G.T., the R32 remains a benchmark that VW has not yet surpassed.
By on 5/17/18 | Springfield, IL | Car Owner
This car is a lemon. Thousands in repairs!!! It always has something wrong for such an expensive car. It is very comfortable but just mechanically does not last. The interior leather has pealed due to the wind with the top down. The top was bent by the wind screen that was not designed right. The engine has not lasted to 140k with regular oil changes. The seatbelt sensor and airbag sensors have both failed. The driver door has sagged twice requiring auto body work. Just from normal use.
By on 5/15/18 | Pensacola, FL | Car Owner
Excellent
Overall awesome truck. Hopefully the last one I'll ever own in my lifetime. I only drive it about 5K Miles a year and only 28K miles after 5 years of ownership. Multiple FCA Recalls for the U Connect System. The Truck has been an awesome trouble free ride since Day 1. The Hemi does exactly what it's supposed to and 13/17mpg are good numbers. However, IF you can handle it at 62mph with Cruise you'll get 20mpg on the stock Goodyear Wrangler 20" Skins. 80mph on Cruise gets you the same 17mpg that 70mph gets you. COMFORTABLE is the most important feature this Truck offers and it is the #1 Reason I bought it. 504 Watt Surround Sound Stereo is awesome. Hi Tech with every imaginable tech feature. Seriously luxurious Truck, both On and Off Road. High Resale Value and rock solid Mopar Performance. Great Service at Hill Kelly Dodge Ram in Pensacola. The ONLY Gripe I've had since new was the fact that Ram makes this Truck without a Cabin Filter. I bought the Kit and installed it.
By on 5/15/18 | Pensacola, FL | Car Owner
Caveat Emptor...I say 'Buyer Beware' only because the Window Sticker said $19,004 with the Fabric and Paint Protection Add On. 5 months later I started shopping for a Hybrid due to the very lousy MPGs I was getting around town (21-23) here in NW Florida. 4 Dealers offered me $10,500 for the car with 1,500 miles on the Odometer. Really? $8,500 Depreciation in 5 months and 1,500 miles of local driving? Fortunately the car has been a very good, hassle free, easy and comfortable to drive runaround vehicle. Given that Hyundai just signed a 4 year 'Official NFL Automobile' Deal with the NFL is the only reason I need to get rid of the car. Not the car's fault though...
By on 5/13/18 | DeMotte, IN | Car Owner
I got my 2006 Cobalt at 165,000 miles and I have made it to 195,000 miles with simple maintenance and fixing normal wear and tear. This ecotec will last me until my grandchildren have grandchildren I swear. I drive very conservatively to stay away from serious mechanical issues. The car has only had issues recently and all have been resolved with some TLC and elbow grease. Here is all I have done since owning the car:
180,000mi- the car's tranny started acting up. I replaced the filter and fluid and no issues since.
190-192,000mi- car went through complete power failure. It happened to be a combo of cat clogged, ignition ECM and coil unit failure, and throttle body being dirty.
I also replaced the wheel bearings for cabin noise dampening and replaced the serpentine belt because it was getting dry-rotted.
This car is a 10/10 I tell you. Simple to work on, gets 35mpg, starts every time, will probably last forever and looks decent. Worth every penny.
By on 5/12/18 | Los Angeles, CA | Car Owner
Many of my friends drive a toyota because they know how reliable these cars are.
By on 5/12/18 | Cleveland, OH | Car Owner
For a ford product I wasn’t happy with this truck. Cost me tons of money but the body looks great. I put my company logo all over it and now it’s a paper weight for our front lol. I have three ford tow trucks 7.3 diesel love them won’t buy nothing but a ford. But the Explorer was a bad bad design and many faulty parts
By on 5/7/18 | Keller, TX | Car Owner
My previous sports car was recently totaled and I needed a replacement vehicle. Since I drive my cars util the wheels basically fall off, my totaled 350z didn't bring an insurance bonanza from the wreck. With a son headed to college, I needed to find something affordable and reliable to make trips to and from his university for when needed as well as something my wife would drive. I settled on a 2001 LS430 and wow....what a car. 111k miles and it was the ultra package which has EVERYTHING except a back-up camera and push start. Smooth, comfortable and PLENTY of space. Very happy with the car so far and since it was a cash purchase, I have $$ left over just in case I need to fix anything. Great ride, and I can sleep at night knowing its a lexus. I drove a lot of junk with super high miles and some Mercedes/Audi/BMW that had similar miles and prices....but those repair bills would keep me awake all night wondering when the other shoe would drop. Very pleased w/ my purchase decision.
By on 5/7/18 | Louisville, KY | Car Owner
Remove DEX-COOL from engine and replace with regular antifreeze. Replace intake manifold gasket to prevent issues associated with DEX-COOL corrosion of plastic parts. Complete ignition switch unintended rotation recall, clean the signal switch to prevent continual clicking and complete Passlock II sensor bypass.

The main repair needed is the expensive ($500-$1000) DEX-COOL and intake manifold gasket issue issue. Once this is resolved and and a normal maintenance schedule is followed, the 3400 V6 3.4L engine is dependable and this is a worthwhile car to own.
By on 5/6/18 | Shelbyville, KY | Car Owner
With our kids mostly grown now, our latest spring break trip to Myrtle Beach with all five "kids" will probably be our last. We reminisced on the many vacations and road trips we've taken with our van. Although the mpg have been pretty low at 14 city and 17 highway, it's been well worth it. We have been spoiled by our 12 passenger Chevy Express because of the sprawling-out room for everyone including all their sleeping bags/luggage, and also the way we just hit the road and never even worry about a breakdown. Regular maintenance has been done religiously, but this vehicle has given back more than we deserve.