Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Okayyyyyy I got my 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i in 2009. This is my 1st car.... well that I brought. Since summer 2009 I have put 105,000 miles on this car. When I got it, it only had 30,000 on it. When it got to 100,000 miles the main parts with the car started to give out. I have paid for a passenger side control arm, two front axles, a passenger side wheel bearing, the transmissonis started to fail with gerking when getting up to speeds at 127,000 miles. I have gotten a transmisson flush, gas line flush, coolant flush, brake line flush, a tune up that really didnt help save gas at all & the many oil changes plus tires. It seems like my car is in the shop for something every 3 months for something or another. I love the look of the car & want to keep it but with a transmisson that is startting to fail maybe I should trade it in before its worth nothing.
Overall the car is great. I'm less than pleased with the Flexfuel mapping. My 2012 ran extremely well and was not a flexfuel. 2014 engine reminds me of my '84' Wellcraft with the old Chevy "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine. I will most likely get a new one (2016?) when SYNC 3 is the tech.
I love my Eddie Bauer ! I've had it for 10 years and it's had a few repairs but I am willing to pay what for any repair it may need. It's been so reliable and easy to drive in bad weather. We love taking it on the back roads using 4wheel drive. I recommend that anyone who owns in to keep it instead of buying something new. It's worth it!
This is the worst vehicle ever made. It's worse than the ford pinto, the Chevy corvair ( which is exactly what this piece of garbage is like ). I repair one thing and an hour or less later something else goes wrong. I keep hoping the thing would catch fire most of the time. It always breaks down when it is cold outside also. I will never buy another GM product again.
This is my 3rd Ranger XLT and my 1st with 4wd - extended cab with rear doors Have had very good experiences with all three vehicles (1988, 2001previously). The only problem I've had with this truck is the transfer case shift control motor quit working a couple of years back. Tech stated I would have to cycle the switch on a regular basis or the motor stops working through disuse. He rebuilt it for $50 - no other problems other than rust in the bed. Still has its original battery and tires. Will have ALL fluids changed this spring as its been in service since March, 2006. Currently has 32k miles. Has most factory options and many dealer installed options. Was (and still is) the highest stickered Ranger I've viewed at a dealer. Use E0 87 octane fuel.
An interesting car. Car still has its original tires and the original battery and wiper blades were changed out in 2013. I bought this auto trans car from the original owner back in 2011 with 6k original miles. It was kept in a garage, covered, still smelled and looked new but it kept killing the battery. I bought it for a song after totaling my 1998 GT but that's another story. Did some research on the electrical problem and found it was common with the early models of this generation. Solution? 1. Always turn the radio off before turning the key off. 2. ALWAYS connect the battery cables (and jumper cables) positive first and negative last. Always disconnect in the correct reverse order. Why? Parasitic power loss will be around 100mA vs. 30mA.

Next problem was the speedo quit working - found that gauge failure was a common problem with these cars. Solution? Pulled the pod myself and shipped it off to a speedo shop that specialized in rebuilding these assemblies - very fair price with a lifetime warranty.

Next problem was the leatherette door panels delaminated and flopped over on the armrests. Common problem. Solution? Had them recovered with the same material by a local auto upholstery shop - reasonable price and lifetime warranty. Rear window defroster stopped working recently. Light comes on but no sound from the relay and no window heating - checking into this at the moment. No other issues and thoroughly enjoy driving and owning this car.

Next problem was the fuel fill issue that also manifested during 2013. Would only fill half way - another common problem. Found out this car already had the replacement fuel tank. I did several slow fills with the nozzle handle at the 2 o'clock position - problem corrected itself.

Had ALL of the fluids changed out last year on its 10th anniversary of first going into service in May of 2005. Use E0 Shell Supreme fuel (has Superchips premium fuel tune with K&N cold air kit). Most factory options and many dealer installed options on this car. This car is the spiritual successor to the 1998 GT I bought new and totaled in 2011.
When I have the AC on and I'm driving my car makes a lot of noise.

My car runs fine normally with no issues . When I put gas in it it will not start. I have to crank the motor until it starts ,but once i get it to start that one time I can cut it off and it cut right back on with no problems like normal .it only happens when I put gas in it even if I don't fill it up n I don't let it to low before i add gas
Drive a 98 Boxster. Got it at 120k miles and done only 10k yet.
Love this thing to bits. Why on earth I had to wait 'till my fifties, heaven only knows. This is my 37th vehicle. Life was not fair, taking care of wife and kids. So many times I had to sell my beauties to raise a family. I enjoy every minute, driving my Boxster. Even if I don't have to, I'll think up an excuse to just go nowhere. Sometimes very early on weekend mornings I have the tar to myself. Fuel consumption is just fantastic. Whenever I invited any of my kids, none ever refused. I take care of it fanatically and it is just a pleasure. (My wife said she wants to be my Porsche in her next life). I said that's fine I'll just stiffen her suspension a little. I'll also keeps my darling Z3. With 300 000 miles, all I can say another little German underrated master piece. The guy who sold the Porsche to made me promise to sell it back to him. So every now and then I promise my kids, I'll never sell "Snowhite" Thanks to Google and the Porsche websites, all minor issues can be personally taken care of. I spoil my sons every now and then by swopping their 4 door saloons for my car(s). They always jumped at these opportunities and always arrive taller than they left. All I can say to a youngster, privileged to start their careers in a Porsche is whenever you start with a family, sell the toddler but retain your Boxster!
Buy any other car and you'll probably get something better! Recently traded my 2013 Focus for a Toyota after the Focus (at only 39,000 miles) decided it would occasionally stall and not restart. Two Ford dealers couldn't fix the problem, let alone figure out what was wrong. Besides that, the car suffered from rattles, noises in the front end, trim and molding coming loose. I thought I would avoid the transmission issues and opted for the 5 speed manual but I still had problems with the clutch "shuddering" similar to the way the PowerShift transmission acts (I've rented quite a few of these too). Bottom line - this is a junk car. It may be mildly fun for the first 10,000 miles, but don't expect much after that. Ford has lost a customer for life with me.
Hands down the worst car buying experience in my life. This was my 16th new car purchase, and needless to say I am living a nightmare. The car leaked oil since it had 600 miles on it. I had it to the dealership I purchased it from locally numerous times, still without a resolution. Performed routine maintenance. Without warning with slightly under 26,000 miles the engine seized. Full of sludge, not reparable. I have $18,000 in repairs in it so far. It was a lease so MB took it back. I know receive an invoice for an additional $11,000.00. I have found one other couple here locally with same year/model with the EXACT same issue. Looking for anyone with similar issues. Thank you.
I purchased my 2008 Acura TL Type S (Auto) in January 2008 and have enjoyed it tremendously for its performance, reliability and technology. Having owned a 2004 Acura TL (Auto), I can say that the performance upgrade and subtle styling improvements were worth the difference. The '04 TL was a great value and an enjoyable daily driver with all the reliability Acura/Honda was known for. However, the '08 TL Type S is more fun as a daily driver with great performance for the opportunities to push its limits. The car has been very reliable with few shortcomings after seven years. The battery drained twice where the car wouldn't start, the first time was within the two years of ownership and then at the beginning of year 2014; I was told that it was likely due to the bluetooth system the first time and the installation of a remote starter the last time. My other complaint has nothing to do with the performance of the car but is specific to the bluetooth as I intermittently experience issues where it is difficult for the other party to hear me regardless of the cellular signal strength. Otherwise, I've enjoyed my TL Type S for 130,000 miles with nothing more than scheduled maintenance and tire replacement.
1997 F-250 7.3 may be the best truck ford has ever produced
I have a 1990 jag xj6 Sovereign bought for 800 from a guy who collects older cars. I must say I love it, it is my baby! It has never failed me, a bit pricey but we'll worth it. Do all mechanic work myself oil changes, tune ups, etc. Did some restoring to the inside but it is MINT!
I bought my Nissan brand new in 2008. I will just list everything I have had to replace and you be the judge:

*CV Axle (within the first year)
*Multiple hubcaps (within the first two years)--Side Note: This is a well known problem for this car and the manufacturer refuses to replace them without the owner paying full price.
*Right control arm
*Three engine mounts
*Tire pressure monitor
*Both CV axles (yes they have been replaced more than once.)
*Catalytic Converter
*Now the car is taking an extended amount of time to start.

It is important to note that my mom bought a Honda Accord the same year and has similar mileage, however, she has not needed to make one major repair. As soon as I paid this car off, I had to make several repairs and I have hardly been able to save the money that I would have been making on my payments. I can't speak for other Nissan models but this one is terrible. I will never buy a Nissan again.
I am 57 yr's old and always drove a Chevy but my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer is a big disappointment to me, on Chevy's part. If it is'nt one thing it is something else. I am going to get this POS running the best I can and it is going to another fool like me for buying it in the first place.
This car the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever been unfortunate enough to own! It should/will be recalled. Some gremlin in the wiring or computer system randomly causes errors frequently; dash light warnings come on when nothing is wrong, doors will not open or close at times, loses power while driving, abs engages when not needed. Several mechanics can find nothing wrong with it. ..motor and trany lights constantly light up but check out fine...this usually precedes a plethora of other malfunctions including power loss while driving (dangerous and scary) and lights going out (both dash and headlights) SUPER SCARY! The Internet is full of thousands of similar complaints from owners of this car with no advice on how to fix it. The freestyle is a lemon DON'T buy one!
think its a wonderful car,yes like any other mode of transportation it will require maintenance.
I would say if one doesn't want to do repairs,buy new and trade early. These cars represent a time when this country made great products, the ride the comfort ,the extra horsepower when you need it all within your reach.
Personally, I own two Devilles, and wouldn't trade them . I actually enjoy the fact I can go out open the hood ,address a problem without the need of computers, which is where we are today. Finally think about this, your caddy and mine too, has features, like auto on headlights, and lights on with wipers ,that new 2014 -current cars don't come with, so next time its raining like a mother, and that brand new car behind car you sneaks up on your because the engineers today say features older cadillacs have are not really necessary..
I got a 2001 Volvo s60 and I love it it's been good to me
I bought my Corolla in 2008 brand new. I figured by the time my child was able to drive this car would be in great condition at 7 years old. Boy was I wrong! Within a year I had to get a brand new set of tires as the factory tires were horrible. I have literally had close to 10 light bulbs go out in the car. Currently the light under the gears is out. If it is dark I have no idea what gear I am in unless I look up at the main panel. Not great for a new teen driver! Light bulbs should not go out like they do in this started about 3 years after I bought car. Dealership first told me I probably used my brakes too much! I have had too many recalls to count. My AUX device messed up and I had to have that fixed to listen to music on a phone. I had paint chipping and rusting after only two years of having. I am so disappointed in this car. There are other things that have messed up way before they should have but I can't remember them all! I need to buy a new car for myself so my child can have this car, but I can't afford a new car AND keep up with the maintenance on this lemon.
The most common "Overheating" problem I found with this and other similar engines is the design location of the the thermostat is wrong. Common sense - the thermostat should be placed in-line at the engine "Output" to detect the heat quickly and stay open when hot. Remove the thermostat and also block the hot "bypass" return hose with a wood piece cut from shovel handle that fits tight into hose. No more overheating and pump is not restrained. If you live in cold climate just add an aftermarket in-line thermo at the engine hot outlet hose. The 2003 plastic thermo assembly has the hot outlet running inside-thru the cold return ...and the thermostat is placed into the mix. You can easily knock-out the copper element of this thermostat so the flow is always open, and use the extended spring to hold the plate to keep the hot port hole closed. Also use a small bolt to closeup the small bypass hole in the plate. On others, you will also need to cut the thermo loose to reinstall just the outer o-ring or seal.

Once the engine has overheated - you may need to check/fix/replace old plastic parts if leaks are seen from being over-pressured. Also - spark plugs tubes seals may now leak oil into plugs causing misfires. Check and clean, RTV seal or replace valve cover seals.
Extremely practical, very roomy. Good at everything, bad at nothing. A/C could blow colder, and ride is a bit harsh, but I love this vehicle. The AWD is excellent. Superb gas milage. 30000 miles with NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. Added roof rack for hauling long items. Added hitch for small trailer and bike rack. All day comfort, good handling, and descent acceleration even without the turbo. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!!!
Bought my 2009 LS 460 new and still own it. I'm extremely pleased with it. I have not had a single repair and only routine maintenance since I've owned it. Amazing car - it's certainly not sporty but it is extremely luxurious, comfortable and surprisingly fast as well.
I have driven my 94 Cabriolet 16 0f its 21 years since 1999 (90,000 mi. then, 155,000 mi. now). The basics have been very reliable. The electrical stuff not so much. I have averaged only 4,000 mi/yr with this vehicle as I ride my motor and bicycle, too.

Things that have performed poorly include the automatic top, I have raised and lowered it manually since its newly replaced ($1300)computer failed early on. It doesn't take more than a minute for me to do it manually. The cruise control computer also failed; never has been repaired; the CD player and the speakers are crap. The automatic antenna has been problematic. The two lower of four fan speed switches gave up the ghost many years ago. The heated leather seat elements failed and the seat tilt releases haven't worked for a while. The rear plastic brittle window has been replaced by me twice with new plastic hand sewn and sealed into a 1" border left from the old window. Dealer labor cost of replacing the dealers $600 piece of plastic is another $600,iirc (it requires a special alignment tool). A local upholsterer sold me a large enough piece for $15 and it is weathertight.

Never has had or needed any work done on the engine, knock on wood, during my ownership except regular oil and quality oil filter changes as well as ATF and Coolant changes. I did once replace the oil pan after bottoming out. I changed the spark plugs once and added some fuel treatment which fixed a rough idle once. The timing belt, waterpump and thermostat were replaced just before I took possession and need to be done soon. The transmission was replaced recently which was probably due to a leak I caused when changing the fluid/filter but technicians never have dialed in correctly the new one and they are, by reputation, a very good shop. I live with the slightly jerky shifting.

I have replaced the front struts, axles (CV joints), and some other worn front end parts and the front brake rotors/ pads once as well. The brakes are awesome. This vehicle has plenty of hp at 174, can do 80mph redlined in 2nd gear, and with its short wheelbase and wide track, handles the twisties great. It has had a very small PS fluid leak for a long time. Currently it needs a new engine coolant temperature sender.

She is still a 21YO stylish beauty especially with her top down and I ride her hard when the coast is clear. With the windows and windscreen up and heater on high, this convertible with coat, gloves and hat is quite comfortable on a dry winter NW day. The top is of very high quality, quiet and insulated well and so is warm or cool because the heater and a/c is more than adequate.

This vehicle (not mine) should be a collector car. It was way ahead of its time. I have even used it as a work vehicle in good weather as loading tools, supplies or groceries, a bicycle or even some furniture is a snap when the top is down. Some body parts are very hard or impossible to obtain these days
Bought a used 2011 Aveo LT with 30 thousand miles. Overall, the car performs as a compact front wheel drive car does. The mileage is average and comfort is at bare minimum. Tire pressure indicator always lit: annoying... seat belts that refuse to retract properly causing the door to bounce off the buckle half the time instead of just closing: aggravating... The check engine light indicator that stays lit for no apparent reason: Infuriating!!! When driving at 65 and over, beware of strong winds... On the road, in a split second I was literally jerked into the next lane by a strong gust of wind. But other then that, it's not a bad little car.
I have had 3 buick regal gs white All have lost their paint Anyone have a suggestion or the same problem
Nowadays cars are usually equipped with a chip that prevents it from "auto-locking" if the keys are in the vehicle. But this happened last night and the owners manual containing the default manufacture's unlock code, is in the glove box! Called a locksmith and they couldn't even get in it. Now my only option is to pay to have it towed to the dealer where they'll hook it up to expensive machines to unlock it but all of it being an "out of pocket expense!" FORD.... (Found On Road Dead).
Turbo, limp home mode, leaky top, hard to start, dies at idle, convertible malfunction due to faulty leaky high pressure line, just to name a few issues. I can not believe that recalls are not on any of the obvious stated above. Crap.
I have a 2008 Silverado crew cab W/T that was ordered with every option except cruise control The only problem I have had is the front passenger door lock actuator went out just after the warranty was up so I ordered a replacement from parts and replaced it myself. I can't complain it has 86,893 miles on it now and still getting great mileage for a V-8 I think I will keep this one for as long as possible I usually get a new one after five years but this one only cost me $18,000 at the end of 2008 and it still looks new
I am the owner of a 2006 Scion Xa. I have had to replace the Very expensive emissions system twice! Charcoal canister, etc. Three Electrical window motors, and on and on. I bogs down going up hills, it is a piece of Junk! No recalls on anything I have had to replace. Back to American cars for me!!!!
I bought my 08 accent used at 123,000 km and let me tell you.....this car is the worlds biggest piece of shit!

I am now at 234,000km and everything and I mean EVERYTHING is failing! I have done all the maintenance, replaced all my coils 4 times! My alternator, ball joints wheel bearings (the first replacement they didnt even last 10,000km). The heat doesn't even get warm in the winter ( I live in Canada) it handles like a loose sloppy whore even with snow tires, and now my power steering is gone..... now I know it sounds like 234,000km is alot.....not really I have a Plymouth voyager last me 750,000km! I do my own work, ive been around cars my whole life, every nut and bolt is replace properly and tourqed to spec, so its not my workmanship it is just a serious piss poor product. Hyundia can serious take this car and shove it up their collective asses! Im going back to Ford!