Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

gas mi. 22 i,ve spent alot of money on up keep 176000 mi on it it runs great only had the car a month.
I've owned this truck for over 13 years, having bought it from a local dealer. It now has over 225K miles on it and still running strong, although the head gasket had to be replaced recently due to my carelessness in monitoring the coolant level. I also replaced the clutch myself about 8 years ago - it was due, having been put thru some heavy hill use where the clutch had been used to "hold" the vehicle at a stop while facing uphill (that practice has since been discontinued). I highly recommend this rig as long as you don't plan on hauling large loads up and down heavy grades - the 4-cylinder just doesn't have the poop to haul REALLY heavy loads. However, if you don't mind having to slow down/shift down, you'll get there eventually even if you overload it! If folks aren't aware, this is the EXACT same vehicle as a Ford Ranger, which is spoken of in glowing terms by the millions of people who own and swear by (and not AT) them.
I am the 3rd owner of my 2004 Camry XLE and until 150,000 miles hit, there were few issues. Most recently was the issue of my purge valve needing to be replaced. The check engine light kept coming on and I tried everything but replacing the catalytic converter and purge valve. At 98k miles, the A/C needed to be recharged and a whole new system leading up to the radiator (but not the radiator itself) had to be replaced due to old tubes, hoses and various wear and tear. The fan controlling the A/C compressor would not gain enough pressure to spin fast enough. Only when doing about 60MPH for about 5 minutes, did the air start blowing cool. I've had no motor issues, and for what it's worth, still one of the best cars I've bought, especially used. I think it'll last at least another 25k miles if I keep up with my seasonal maintenance.
I bought car new, have had it 7 years and 86,700 miles. Replaced Brakes and Rotors at 56,000 miles, had trans flushed at 60,000 miles Only problem I've had is my leather seats have vinyl on bolsters , driver seat bolster cracked after this last really cold winter. Car had 80,000 miles on it.I got rid of the original garbage YOKOHAMA tires at 35,000 miles, put on Cooper 's and there still perfect. I do maintain it well, and it has taken my wife and I all over the country, and 26-28 mpg on highway. Everything still works perfect on it. I am going to trade it in on a new Dodge journey AWD , after the last few winters.
I bought car new, it has 86,500 miles and has been best car I have owned. Put brakes and rotors on at 55,000 miles , I had a problem at 84,000 miles where gauge said I was overheating, it wasn't , it was a bad sending unit. It has taken us all over the country , and we made it into Chaco Canyon New Mexico with it. The ranger couldn't believe it got through. I service it regularly, changed trans fluid at 60,000 miles. Only complaint is front seat is split, I just found out bolsters were not leather but vinyl. This just happened as it turned 7 years old and 86,000 miles
239K miles 300+ miles to the tank. No major services ever. Runs great though now I will be. Needing a new compressor. Has never left me or my college aged kids stranded. Think a lot of mechanics scare you into repairs due to lack of business. I was told 4 years ago that I had a transmission problem and needed work inside transmission to this day I have not had any problems with my vehicle nor ever has required to have the transmission serviced. Only general maintenance. Proud female Matrix owner. 12 years and still running strong. Hallelujah!!!
I have the 2014 A4. It rides well. I take it to Midas for any mechanical needs due to the HIGH COST at the dealer. I have 58,000 miles and I just experienced a check engine for low oil light. This seems kind of impossible because I just had the oil changed at Midas. I will stop by the Midas shop to see what the problem is. Audi needs to put a better maintenance plan with the cars they are selling.. Audi also refused to re-set the message for needing an oil change because they did not perform the service...
Not just the 2010 but all F-150s are amazing only getting better. The 2010 is the best lookig running and braking truck in its class. The ideas and thoughts just in the inside ofbthe cab. Says it all than one the best drivetrains. Just an amazing truck.
I am a proud owner of my 1999 Acura 3.5RL (White) with Navigation. I acquired the vehicle when i was in College as my previous Acura (Integra) was totaled in 2006. The 3.5RL had about 128,000 from one owner and now i have little over 492,000 and still running strong. I work as a consultant so i choose to drive every where with my RL. In my family we have owned other vehicles like Audi A6 4.2 but i still preferred driving the RL. Have not had any major issue, these are the things I perform as Maintenance: Oil change every 4K (that is about every month for me), ATF change with filter, power steering flush, brake fluid flush and front gear oil (that is every 3rd oil change), Coolant every year and timing belt every 75K. I do all these my self that is why i am doing some way before recommended time. I use all Acura/Honda genuine parts/fluid but i save on labor. The car can still go another few 100k miles. I have to get the rear main seal replaced that i cannot do as i don't have a lift but other than that absolutely nothing else was required. In think this particular generation of 3.5RL were made bullet proof. Message me if you have any questions or need help with repair. birenkp_1@hotmail.com
My 2003 Tribute was bought brand new and I still own it. It has now 140 miles. I had to change front & rear suspension. Tune up twice, needed motor mounts replaced and normal maintenence. Now we have an oil leak and the ai conditioning system doesn't produce cold air and we can't figure out why. I would appreciate any helpful comments.
I have a 2013 Honda Accord (lease) with 17,000 miles on it. I have already replaced the starter (covered) and today was told the reason my air conditioning does not work is because of two holes in the air conditioning condenser caused by "road debris." The cost to fix this problem is approx. $600.00. Mostly labor. This is not covered by the 3 yr./36,000 mile warranty. In my research, it appears the damage caused by a design flaw. The condenser is too close to the grill allowing stones to damage the condenser. In 2012 Honda was sued, in a $40 million dollar class action law suit (Alin v American Honda Motor Co., Inc.) regarding this issue and yet no fix seems to be in the works. I could fix this today and have it happen again the way home. It seems Honda does not want to re-design and spend their money but have no problem taking mine. This is my last Honda.
I purchased my Lincoln from elderly neighbours. It was always garaged and well maintained. Rarely driven, it had 33 000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago. I had heard that they were super reliable and would run 200 000mi as NYC taxis and airport limos. At 35 000 the rocker arm fractured on the expressway at 72MPH. VERY expensive repair. Now the air has stopped working and the fan roars on AUTO trying to keep the vehicle cool. What a disappointment. At 38 500 no air. Another expensive repair coming up. Considering how long this model has been around, these kinds of repairs are a disgrace to Ford Motor Company. Love the car, wanted one for years, and now just a huge disappointment. Now I do not trust it!
Bought Montego Premier new from dealer in 2006 with CVT and AWD. 141k miles and still running well. Great in snow and ice. Only maintenance has been brakes, tires & fluid changes, including extra special ATF (only available at dealer). Not too sporty, but for our family, this car has been extremely dependable transportation year round.
So, picked up a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 187K on her for less than a grand. I've found that working on it has been a breeze. A couple hick ups here and there but to be expected with an older rig. What I've done so far: blend door valve actuator replacement, air flow sensor replacement, camshaft sensor replacement (full shaft), pulled the entire carpet laid it out in the driveway and used our home carpet cleaner (it looks brand new), had to re-solder the Omeron inside the EATC (A/C wouldn't work), re-solder the light out module board (passenger side head light out), replaced all interior and exterior lights (in dash, in consoles, inside everything, just because), buff/polished everything including the glass, did the brakes, did the plugs and lines, re-upholstered the seats and installed a 2DIN HD, GPS, DVD touchscreen. Total about another $500-$700 (parts only, I did all the work myself) It is CHERRY! Looks, drives, smells brand spankin new!
would not stop alarming
My Kia rio has started giving me issues as well. I have a 2009 with 86,000 miles on it and today the engine practically died!!!! I will not be purchasing another Kia, of any kind. On top of that, you can not get parts for them except at the dealer. NO after market parts!!! I had to go to the dealer for a LUG NUT!!!
hi i drive a lot of cars i only like the real american car and the Lacrosse cxl is one of the best ! from my opinion i need more cold from the AC unit i would like more Indicators like oil level and oil temp' +vacuum indicator for save gas !!! but this what i bought !!! a lot of power and you can trust the car !!!4.5 star from 5 star
I love everything about the truck except the motor. We bought our 2010 in July 2014 with factory warrenty by November 2014 we started to have oil problems. By March 2015 they did rings and pistons , I asked for a new motor but the dealer said that coukdnt be done. Found out the warrenty people said it should have been done. Now its in the shop again with a knocking and no warrenty.
I bought my 2003 Lincoln Aviator new and it still drives perfect with almost 200,000 miles on it. I haven't made any repairs in 12 years except replaced the radiator once . It's been a great car and still is
I bought my car from a private owner and my car has many problems like it ac fans or need new front fan both of them, needs a transmission,need passenger Door handle, needs abs ligth repair, brake fluid have be flush out, left signal light need to be repair, Driver side bearing need repair,driver side door handle need be repair. inside fabric needs be replace. front windshield needs be replace.What I know I Love my car once you get things fix repair they work wonderful. I got the AC fix i turn the ac on it is Ice Cold in my car and i have too sometimes turn the AC off because I am cold or freezing in my car and the more I get things fix the better the car drive.Most repairs price ranges at $200.00 dollars to $300.00 dollars a repair. So if you do not like spending this kind of money on car repair do not buy this car.
2013 Nissan Sentra Car seems to have a lot of problems. The motor bogs out a lot, making a loud noise. My back tires ware quickly. And it just started recently over heating! The ac also doesn't blow cold air unless you are driving when you are stopped or parked it blows out hot air.
Great tow vehicle. Tow a 26' Flagstaff travel trailer with it. Like all comparable tow vehicles, mileage drops to 10-12 mpg when towing. With no trailer, expect high teens and even above 20 on occasion. Smooth. quiet and reliable. A/C is a bit weak but OK. Ride can be a bit choppy on rough roads. But, this is a heavy duty body-on-frame rig and it is very strongly made. 5.7 engine and trans are excellent. I am very happy with this 2nd Gen Sequoia.
I bought my 2008 Solara Convertible in March 2014 with 63000 miles on it from the Toyota Dealer who sold it to the original owner. Initially the front end shook badly when driving on a bumpy road and I took it back to the dealers service dept several times. Initially they tried to tell me this is normal for a convertible, but I wasn't buying that line. I persisted and they finally replaced both front struts [I also believe the rears need replacing too] and road-force balanced the tires where they found two of the tires had had hard use even though there was still good tread on the tires. Still driving on those tires at 70+K miles 1.5 years later. This is a 9 month car for me-used March-November. Next spring will probably require new tires and if I'm still experiencing body shimmy on rough roads will probably have the rear struts replaced. Otherwise, the car has been great. It's not a "sports car", but at 58 I know I'd have difficulty getting in and out of a true "SC" so this is a comfortable alternative. It is the 5th or 6th Toyota I've owner and although I was a late convert to the brand, I am sold on them now. My 2002 Highlander has 121+K on it and runs like a champ. You can have all the electronic bells and whistles on the newer cars, to me it is just more stuff to breakdown, besides you should be focused on your driving, not your cars "Connectivity"!
Purchased my 2007 Sentra S in 2010. It has been a great little car! That being said, I wish the seat adjusted to where short people can raise it high enough to see over the hood and not be in the steering wheel. The brakes are original (it is at 150K now) and work great, but they squeal when they are wet. I've had them checked by multiple mechanics at different shops and they all say they look great. Gotta love those Nissan engines! They run like nobody's business, but i wish they didn't sound like a wind up toy. :) I've had some issues with it dying when trying to cold start it. Finally it blew up the fuse to the starter that is situated over the battery under the positive terminal. After checking, we found the intake hose had a large hole in it that the original owner had used black electrical tape to seal it back off. These two items I can replace for $150. Last summer I had a terrible squeal in the passenger suspension. It turned out that the boot was almost completely off the shock. I replaced both shocks, the control arms, all three motor mounts (cheap) (which caused a lot of the noise),took it for an alignment and the car drives brand new again. The carpet and upholstery is very durable. I spilled oil in rear floor board and it came up by scrubbing a very small bit of dawn into it and pouring club soda over it. Vacuumed it up and hit it with BleachWhite. It looks the same as the other side now! I love this car!
the breaking bad row material ofmy new corolla is very bad they changed rapidly, also i have a problem with the air conditioning it stoped cooling when the outside temprature is o38, also the acceleration of the car is very bad specially after you reach 120km/h it takes to long time to reach 140km/h
I bought my 2012 Galant in March, so I would hope I didn't have mechanical problems which thankfully I haven't. No problems at all. Maybe wish it would have a bit more HP but that's always something I can do on my own. Great on gas, I recently got married in Vegas, drove from Glendale to Vegas and used only half a tank, so awesome on gas especially with how gas prices keep going up. My first car under my name and I love it, wouldn't change it for another car right now
Purchased a 2-owner Mt. w/73K original miles. It had a bit of rust due to 2 winters in Michigan followed by 12 years in Va. It has the infamous radio light and rear window wiper failures which I have allowed to continue. It has cost me $100s in front end repairs (rust due to Michigan winters, I guess) and modest other repairs but it is a 15 year old vehicle. It got me thru several snows last winter with no problems when others were stuck. The motor is superb still and I now have 90K miles on it with a EGR replacement and tune-up pending. Hopefully no other issues but I LOVE this SUV. Comfort, features and ride are tops and the 5 liter motor is terrific.
Bought my Grand Marquis used 8 years ago. It's otherwise a good reliable car. This was my first car brought never had a vehicle used family members or walked wherever needed to go. I do trust my Grand Marquis know this car is very old but will require in giving lots of maintenance replace manifold intake gasket and ball joints for $40 at NAPA AUTO,) Changed plugs, air filters a new alternator along AutoZone battery had replace at the auto store. First got my car originally had 120,000 miles.,) now I've driven it at least another 30,000 miles running on orig. engine and transmission. Being that it's 18 years old the Grand Marquis really holding up extremely well. Interior and exterior almost like new absolutely love my Mercury comfortable in lots of spacious with huge trunk space. Idles up very well its gone on few trips no worries believed as long keep getting it fully serviced won't have any major issues out of it. I Love these cars so reliable and comfortable cars ever driving my super fantastic I plan on keeping this car for as long as can because it's a good large dependable vehicle ever owned. Didn't pay a note on was a free auto ride so happy that could just hope in my car turn the key and start the motor as taking off. Grand Marquis never ever suffered problems as overheating or felt I was left stranded on side of road it treated me while served me driving around where I needed to go it's a beast. If ever buy one of these would definitely recommend getting the '97 think they are best ever overall with only fewer problems will be holding tight to this car loving my smooth cruiser.
Had just about every repair and service known done over past four years, thus far to Sept, 2015 for this 2003 XC70, but not needed [as yet] repair/replace transmission nor AWD drive mechanisms nor engine itself other than replaced all engine mounts, nor exhaust system as yet. Have 75,600 miles on a now 13 year old vehicle. In the last four years [Sept 2011 to date] have paid $20,000 for service, maintenance and repairs, not counting a new fuel pump that was a factory paid for defect repair. Largest problems have been electrical, incl. replacing the $2,500 computer module, fan, alternator, three batteries, various other computer modules, brake master components, and all new suspension, all parts front and back, sans the coil springs themselves. I figure, next, will be a $4,000 to $5,000 new transmission, perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps in next 50,000 miles ...??? And yet the vehicle gets no off road use nor abuse, just travel from Manhattan to paved road suburbs largely only on weekends with the greatest historical trips to Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. And has always been parked in a heated garage. Go figure? Right now, looking to replace the awful headlights that always gave poor lighting, a design flaw in 2003, as my shop, that customizes in repair, service and restoration of hi-end vehicles, incl. Rolls Royce, as well as the mundane, is looking into HIDs for me. I'd say the the problems with the vehicle have been and are a combination of age related and very poorly designed and engineered components that do NOT stand the vigors of Volvo's advertising nor test of time, the vehicle being nowhere as reliable as any even low end Japanese brand auto, though I do not criticize Volvo safety but have yet to be in an accident with the vehicle. So the answer is simply to drive any Volvo only for life of the full bumper to bumper warranty, whether own or lease, though of course you'd be taking the largest depreciation hit when new unless take out the best bumper to bumper extended Volvo warranty and keep longer, though the warranty can be costly. Or just buy any Toyota or Honda manufactured brand if you want little to no out-of-pocket repairs and the finest quality engineering and manufacture.
I purchased my '11 Accent new, from the dealership, in October 2010. In the almost-five years (and 68,000 miles) that I've owned this car, I've had the fuel pump and charcoal canister replaced (under warranty, at about 20K miles), and the ignition coil has gone out five times. Most recently, the ignition coil went *again* after being replaced four thousand miles ago. This time, it was while I was seven hundred miles from home! I'm glad I had the foresight to pack spark plugs and my socket wrench set, because I didn't fancy finding a reputable shop or limping home on three cylinders to my mechanic. Otherwise, this is a great car for the price. It's perfect for one- or two-person road trips! I usually average 40-something mpg on the highway, so it can go a while before you need to stop for gas. The trunk is big enough to fit suitcases or coolers. The suspension is pretty stiff, so you'll feel every bump and pothole you go over, but it turns on a dime. It's a very light car, so it tends to skim over ice in the winter; I recommend putting a bag or two of salt (sand, cat litter, whatever) in the trunk to help weigh it down a smidge. The heat and AC work quickly at adjusting the temp to what you need! There are big enough gaps in the plastic interior, so it rattles in several places just driving down the road. It's a rather loud car in general, even when you're inside of it. Honestly, it's louder than it has any right to be, since it's only got 110 hp. Speaking of 110 hp, this car does *not* like going uphill, and it complains a lot when driving in the mountains. It's a reliable car in that it's usually just the same thing breaking over and over again, and it's a very easy (and cheap!) fix. Just don't leave town without some spark plugs and socket wrenches, and you're fine. My fiancé wants me to add that this car isn't really built for anyone taller than six feet. I'm 5'4", and I fit just fine in this car. He's 6'6", and has to fold himself into and out of the car. Even with the seat all the way back, his knees rest against the interior on either side of the glove compartment (or on either side below the steering wheel, if he's driving). It's still more spacious than it looks, though!