Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 11971 - 12000 of 14566 reviewsFilter
By on 3/31/10 | Petaluma, CA
awesome car with upkeep. rides smooth. gas hog unfortunately.
By on 3/31/10 | Memphis, TN
having to many problems to list, just bought a 2001 s500 and Im angry! It drove good for a week and then everything went bad.
By on 3/31/10 | Dothan, AL
I Love my 4Runner! Actually getting 26mpg on the highway on a V-6!
By on 3/31/10 | Anaheim, CA
I love this car. Just bought it from my mom who also loved it.
By on 3/31/10 | Nampa, ID
Bought this car new for my daughter in January 2003. Currently has 67,000 miles. Other than a half a dozen recalls (new model) the car has been very reliable.
Pluses: The V-6 engine gets about 20 MPG in town and as much as 29 on trips. Handling, ride and acceleration are superb. Interior has held up well and is easy to clean. Car is very versatile with 60/40 folding rear seat and large trunk. Very good safety features for a 2003 model.
Minuses: Have had to replace engine battery every three years and brake pads every 30K; primarily routine maintenance is all that has been required. Abrupt shifting between 1st and 2nd gear develop around 50K--required transmission software update to fix. Oil pan leak was repaired during 60,000-mile service. Center console LEDs have been erratic (also affected by the cold).
Overall, a very good car with many more years of service planned.
By on 3/31/10 | Grapevine, TX
Fantastic SUV. We bought ours used 6 months ago with 50,000 miles on it. Have driven it across the country and have had zero problems. Gas mileage is not great but that is to be expected with such a heavy vehicle.
By on 3/31/10 | Lakeland, FL
Best pick up to have!!
By on 3/31/10 | New Cumberland, PA
bought used still ironing out kinks
By on 3/31/10 | Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
overall love the vehicle...It definately is spacious,comfortable and easy driving!! I would definately purchase another Equinox.
By on 3/31/10 | Medina, OH
Bought my Jetta with 26 miles on it - currently has more than 125,000 and running well. Only major work I've had done has been the catalytic converter and wheel bearings. The original brakes lasted over 80,000 miles. Wish I would have bought leather seats, but aside from that, it is a great car for me. (Also rather amusing to watch tall people attempt to cram into the back seat, but that's just an added bonus)
By on 3/31/10 | Keyser, WV
i just got my tracer its my 1st car i like it alot it runs good but i got to get a new head thats all it needs but it runs good
By on 3/31/10 | Happy Valley, OR
We have had our 2001 V70 T5 for 9 years and would buy another one. Our only complaint is that the heating system doesn't heat our feet satisfactorily.
By on 3/31/10 | Penfield, NY
Great running car at 256550 miles I still get 28mpg I've got my moneys worth. timing belt went last week with no warning so depending on repairs we will see if I will keep it. air conditioner needs to be replaced
By on 3/30/10 | Bridgeport, NJ
My T6 has 160,000kms on the clock and has actually been very reliable.
By on 3/30/10 | Oglesby, IL
i have 177k on my 2001 dodge intrepid 2.7 liter. no oil sluge just problems with struts, steering and noises like rattling at 1200 rpm from exhaust and popping/clucking noises when braking or steering or any kind of bump
By on 3/30/10 | Fresno, CA
Great Car, fun to drive and amazing gas mileage.
By on 3/30/10 | Copperas Cove, TX
Bought my '08 Rado when it was already a year old. I had owned a Chevy S-10 and it was small small small. I didn't want another small truck and I didn't want a full size (had one of those too) truck, this 'Rado is the perfect mid-sized truck! I absolutely love this truck, it has that 'retro' looking front end...love the squareness of it...and the grill looks like it's full of headlights/lamps! Wouldn't trade this truck for anything, it's a KEEPER!
By on 3/30/10 | Broken Arrow, OK
We have a 2005 Durango with 83,000 miles and a 4.7. The only major issue we have had and believe it or not was a brake pedal rattling. We thought it had major front end issues, but turned out that a 28 cent C clip fixed the problem. Also, when the back seats are empty, they rattle a little. We avereage 22 miles per gallon on the highway. Bought it new and has been serviced by an OCD person.
By on 3/30/10 | Pompano Beach, FL
Would buy again
By on 3/30/10 | Philadelphia, PA
Bought Her in 2006, have had some issues but overall I've it 's a great car. Have invested 4k so far, it's surely a worth while investment. When I do get another car, it will certainly be a Caddy.
By on 3/30/10 | Manchester, CT
300,000 miles on my 1995 Prism! I replaced the front exhaust pipe when the car had 295,000 miles. The clutch was replaced with 275,000 miles. The mechanic couldn’t believe it. I don’t know how many tires and break jobs I have gone threw, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the car. The harmonic pulley on the front of the engine split in half the day after it hit 300,000, so the belts and pulley were replaced. The suspension is really feeling the ware and needs to be fixed if I decide to keep driving it. When the weather gets real cold and you hit a bump it’s like the frame is going to cave in. I not sure what there called but they look like heavy duty shocks connected to the frame. Someone told me the gas in them probably has leaked out. Anyway, the interior is in pretty good shape, all dash instruments, lights, knobs and radio/tape deck work fine. There is no power anything in the car and the A/C still works fine. The only consistence maintenance has been oil changes. The hub caps started falling off when the car had around 80- 90,000 miles. I never did replace them and wax , forget it.

I guess that’s about it.

By on 3/30/10 | Cleveland, OH
This car is the worst car I have ever purchased. I bought the car used with about 70,000 miles, the car now has a little over 100,000 miles and I have had nothing but problems. The only thing I like about this car is the way it looks and drives. I have had to replace the brakes,fuel pump, altenator, key ignition, pro arm links on wheels and other random things. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Stay away from this car!
By on 3/30/10 | Maple Plain, MN
Owned for over 8 years now and 142,000 miles. Car has done really well for us. Some expected repairs after 100,000. Engine, transmission, heat/AC, alternator, and starter have all been trouble free. Power door lock actuators had to be replaced, as did sway bar links. Really everything still works on the car though considering all the options it has.
By on 3/30/10 | Champaign, IL
bought a very clean 2000 automatic GS trim for $4,500. It's my favorite vehicle purchase so far when compared to 2001 Taurus, 2004 Lincoln LS, and 1998 ford escort, all of which i bought in the past. I guess my advice is go try a japanese motor next time.
By on 3/30/10 | Floresville, TX
We have an 05 BMW 325i with 89K miles(owned it since 20K) and approx 60K are highway miles. I'm religous about my scheduled maintainance(dusty TX conditions). Great car to drive... be prepared for mechanical (peripherals) and/or electrical issues when the warranty runs out. We've had 3 confirmed oil leaks, head rest mechanism broke replaced(45K) and are wearing out again(we DON'T even adjust them)... i notice a trend. Front passenger window gear is malfunctioning, rear taillight lens cover leaked and shorted out the tail light assembly(replaced). Alternator fried and overcahrged the battery(leaked acid in the battery pan)... fun mess to clean out of the truck when it exploded. Now the A/C compressor stopped working. I'm fed up with this car. The last few things have happened in the last 3 weeks. I have a dodge truck that's two yrs older with nearly double the mileage and the only things i've needed to replace were the Exhaust o2 sensors and I did that myself. I maintain my vehicles very well and BMW makes it next to impossible to work on those vehicles with every speial tool known to man!!! You best be able to afford the warranty and/or afford to trade in on a regular basis! Not what I expected in the way of quality!
By on 3/30/10 | Kansas City, MO
I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agressive turns, too. The body style is timeless and vehicle entry is very easy. Visibility is great. I have a receiver hitch and pull a small trailer to haul Troop gear and hardly feel it is back there. The odometer quit about 13 years ago but I estimate there is about 320,000 miles on my car.
By on 3/30/10 | Pasadena, MD
This was a great driving car but then
the steering started that shimmy and it
has been an uphill battle. Next stop, front
control arms to try to correct it. It has
been a major issue. Replaced bushings,
steering rack etc and still not fixed.
I talked with a bmw dealer and they know this
has been a problem. BMW should have issued
a recall on those control arms. Will be the
last bmw I will ever buy because of that.
By on 3/30/10 | Lexington, KY
It is a 1994 a good car, only thing i repaired on it was the altinator at 70,000 miles and at 88,000 miles I had to replace the water pump and pulley which broke because of the pump also causing the serpentine belt to break which is ok if you know how to replace these items
By on 3/29/10 | Newport Beach, CA
Just purchase 1999 Mercedes-Benz c230 Kompresser. Love it. Handles great!!! Engine quite and runs smooth.. With the 2.3 L engine + Kompresser with the 185 horse power and super charger-it has plenty of zip. Great gas mileage for commuting to and from office or appointments. Still has that great shine and nice wheels. Comfortable interior. First time I ever bought a 10 year old car. And I was pleasantly surprise on its relaibility, handling and comfort in the leather seats.
By on 3/29/10 | Rockford, IL
I have a 1991 9C1 police package version. I have 241,000 miles on this car and she is still going strong. If your looking for a fuel efficient car, this one is not for you.