Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 11461 - 11490 of 14672 reviewsFilter
By on 5/14/10 | Coventry, RI
61,000 miles still runs like new, paint and finish is like new. most people think it is a new pickup, the giveaway is some tire wear. I wish you all good luck with yours.
2004- Z71
By on 5/14/10 | Erie, PA
Bought in Feb. 2009 with 66,000 miles.black coupe special edition is a very good looking car.Maintenance reminder light has come on with 71,000 miles on car.This is my daughters car but I take car of it for her and can honestly say it is one of the best i've ever owned!This is a excellent wounderful car,i also own a 07 Civic LX coupe and a 2004 Honda Pilot EX-L.I WILL ONLY BUY HONDA NOTHING ELSE!
By on 5/14/10 | Columbus, OH
luv the car the only problem i have is the service traction system light comes on every now and then
By on 5/13/10 | Las Vegas, NV
My check engine light just came on as I'm about to sell my truck for top dollar being that it is in great shape. Does this usually indicate a expensive repair or a easy fix.
By on 5/13/10 | Concord, CA
I have a 1992 nissan sentra se-r runs great great motor and very fast little car
By on 5/13/10 | Lafayette, IN
Great car! Just had a pricey 100k mile tuneup, but only standard problems for its age.

The major problem I've had with this car was the AC. First it plugged upp and leaked all over the passager seat floor then it needed to be recharged.

Minor problems include a buggy driver side window that sometimes sticks while rolling up. Especially in the rain. Probably electrical problem.
By on 5/13/10 | Milford, OH
1998 Ford Expedition 4x4, 115k, Still running strong as of 2010. Last owner did not take care of car so the exhaust was rusty, but mechanically speaking it has been fantastic.

No repairs just did 100,000 mile maintenance, I have the V8 4.6 which just uses regular spark plugs, so I changed those out.
By on 5/13/10 | New York, NY
Great driving car. Minor qualms: Doesn't take abuse well - the clutch and transmission are a little weak for the holding power of AWD. The stock suspension has a little too much lift/travel without self-levelling struts in the back. I would buy one again.
By on 5/13/10 | Lowell, MA
This car isn't awful but, very far from good. My steering completely failed as I was parking luckily. Found out that it was going to be about 1,000 to have it fixed! The car had 56,000 miles on it! The plastic back of the passenger seat has been broken since 20,000. Now at 75,000 my gas gauge no longer works and apparently theirs something wrong with one of my wheels and it could fall off. I wish i had traded it during the cash for clunckers deal.
By on 5/13/10 | Covington, GA
Bought it used 4yrs ago and spent $0 on repairs it cost me more in speeding tickets than anything else. Just a fun little car that handles great, good.on gas. Top Speed-125mph not bad for the 2.0L-Only bad thing is my wife keeps buggin me to give her car back.
By on 5/12/10 | Roswell, GA
My 2002 V6 has 126k miles on it. Tranny had to be replaced at 50k, brake rotors need turning every so often. My last repair was a brain buster, but ended up pretty cheap. A/C would only blow from the defrost vents, and the cruise control was not holding speed. These two things happened all at once. A quick Google search revealed that this was just a $2 vacuum hose fix - total repair time, 1 hour. I will drive this thing another 50k.
By on 5/12/10 | Utica, MI
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
Just purchased a Ford Fusion two weeks ago. The first day of ownership I took a trip across town, about 45 miles. After 30 min. of eway speed a trouble light comes on, a wrench symbol. Turns out it's a transmission problem, trouble codes P1744 & P0741. Now my car has been at the dealer for a week. They say it's the torque converter. What a new car experience, 280 miles and now I get to watch them tear my trans apart.
By on 5/12/10 | Miami, FL
Es una nave esta camioneta, se las recomiendo
By on 5/12/10 | Grove City, OH
love the car. best car I have ever owned.
By on 5/12/10 | Spring, TX
I bought a 1996 LS400 with 100K miles about 4 years ago. The car is a tank. So...when we were ready for another car I decided I wanted something sporty and practical. We looked at BMW X5, BMW 540i, Range Rover (not reliable...and rediculously expensive to maintain), and one day I walked by the old airport car LS400 and thought..."why am I not considering another Lexus?" Within a few minutes I was pulling up research on which Lexus fit the bill. After reading articles and reviews I fell in love with the GS400 (not the 300 nor the 430). If you read the differences you will know why the 400 is the way to go. Now the trick was to find one...1998 - 2000. I don't like the body style of the newer ones at all. I went on the hunt for a low miles (less than 75K) and in very nice condition. Wow...had no idea it would be a needle in a haystack. But...I found it. 63K, 1 owner, had an accident in the past but was Lexus repaired (and had my body shop check it over and they said it was fixed perfectly). I bought it. Since it is 12 years old and the rule when you talk to Lexus is 90K miles or 108 months I decided to have the timing chain, water pump, and 60K service done. The mechanic told me that the only other thing the car needed was a new set of bushing up front but it was as good as any new (2008 or newer) car he works on. He commended me for the purchase and told me if I ever found another one to buy one for him. The car is a rocket ship! It is all stock and easily hits 60 in less than 5.5 seconds. I put Mich PS2 tires on it right away and they grip great. I could not be happier. I just wish someone made a Nav replacement kit for these years...then it would be PERFECT.
By on 5/12/10 | Seattle, WA
I bought the magnum to load up my hiking/camping gear still be able to sleep in the back for a cross-country adventure. To my dismay the hatchback leaks, getting everything and me wet when it rains hard (no leakage with light rain or car washes). Also, the car rides very low, it easily hits bottom over rocks and potholes in gravel forestry roads. Otherwise, all else is great, runs good.
By on 5/11/10 | Tonganoxie, KS
Mine is actually a 1988 with over 203,000 miles. How can you complain about a truck with that many miles that has not incurred any major repairs! Over the years, I've replaced the fuel pump 3 times and the starter but that's about it. Back when I ran it a lot, I carefully adhered to Mazda's scheduled maintenance program. The biggest expense from doing that was replacing the timing belt every 60,000 miles. It still runs well although it burns some oil.
By on 5/11/10 | Hurricane, WV
Bought it new, the only thing I ever did up to 234,000 miles was replace the starter, water pump, fuel pump, front rotors, that's it! (other than tires, plugs, wires, and front brake pads)

At 234,000 miles it would smoke when coasting down hill in gear and then hitting the gas at the bottom of the hill. The car was still running great but I swapped the motor for a used one at this time. Also replaced the original clutch. Should have kept the original motor, (it was probably just bad valve stem seals) the replacement motor has the same issues.

I'm at 254,000 miles now, just put on 4 brand new uniroyals and will replace the original struts in the next day or two. The car is still running great, getting 32-34 MPG, and still looks good when I clean it up. It handles well, very neutral, no over/understeer problems at all.

If I could buy another new one like it I would do so without hesitation.
By on 5/11/10 | Martinez, CA
ls1 with t-56 is a fun combination. cheapest\fastest car for the money. interior sucks. nice paint from factory though. engine is bullet proof, tranny acts different depending on the weather. handling sucks, this car wants to go fast in a straight line, thats about it. comfortable ride even on long trips, good mileage. car doesn't stop very good. always passes smog with flying colors.
By on 5/11/10 | Ballwin, MO
190433 miles and stell going strong.
By on 5/11/10 | Owings Mills, MD
Overall great car, but I have had serious electrical issues with this car from day one. First the LEDs in the center console went out, the the doors wouldn't catch when closed (only in the winter oddly enough), then the sunroof would open at random times. Now, today, the windshield wipers suddenly just stopped in the middle of a downpour while we were on the highway. Otherwise, it's driven very nicely. Repairs are extremely costly though. Choose wisely!
By on 5/11/10 | Clinton, NC
I have a 2002 VW jetta 1.8T. Have already put in another motor.Now the sorry thing has a leak somewhere.All the antifreeze blowed out of it all over the hood,engine and wherever else it could go. Try to put water in it just to see where the leak is coming from. The water will not stay in the reservoir. It cranks but won't keep water or antifreeze in it long enough to see where the leak is. This car costs too much to keep running. I won't buy another one.
By on 5/11/10 | Menifee, CA
i have a 1991 ford escort. i love this car but it has been a pain my timing belt keeps breaking every two years. other than that though it is pretty cool, when i got it the car was kinda lame. I replaced the plug wires which were brittle cuz they were the original. Replaced the spark plugs, thermostat, fuel filter, and the water pump and timing belt 3X. but i have to say when it is working my car is sweet, quick, has great handling, and good gas mileage. i currently put royal purple oil and Zmax oil and fuel additive which made it ten times better. Soon it will be time for a new car but for now, like i said its a good car to have.
By on 5/11/10 | Oak Ridge, NC
AWESOME CAR
By on 5/11/10 | Douglassville, PA
1 of the best cars I have every owned, this being my 3rd caddy and the best of them all. Cant wait to drive a 2010
By on 5/11/10 | Richmond, VA
I purchased this truck used in 2005. I like the truck. The problem i have is Ball Joints. The truck has only 136,000 miles and is on it's 4th set of Ball Joints. I think there might be a problem with design or, perhaps, the mechanics are doing something wrong. The only other problem has been the electical connection for the heater blower keeps coming undone.
By on 5/11/10 | Lancaster, OH
Well, I bought my 1997 Explorer in 2001. Since then I have replaced 3 transfer cases!!, Two front Drive shafts, New Fuel Pump, air compressor condenser thing(A/C issues), The actuator motor broke that opens and closes door for air flow(A/C issue), Fan clutch replaced, second set of rotors..oh, and my favorite...a new engine!!! I love my truck!!
By on 5/11/10 | Houston, TX
I bought my 2000 Ram with 150,000 miles, and now it has about 235,000. I perform regular maintenance every 3,000 miles, and I am happy with the truck. I is a club cab, and it looks good and runs great. The major problem right now is the a/c, but I will fix it myself shortly, since it is getting close to summer. It is time for another brake job now, and I will need a water pump before long. I try to fix it BEFORE it breaks, once it starts showing wear. I would love to have a new four door Ram, but I'm just not willing to have another monthly note for it.
By on 5/11/10 | New Bern, NC
Had air bag, battery, side door, headlight and numerous other problems.
By on 5/11/10 | Hoschton, GA
Have had the car since new and currently have 160000. Have never had any major problems with it and still runs just as good as when it was new.