Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

Bought new 2007 - no issues - I have 123,000 miles on it. Replaced 4 tires, x 2, brakes front and rear x 1. Great car. Bought a second Mazda end of 09 - 2010 3.
IVE OWNED MY 97 BOXSTER FOR A LONG TIME I HAVE 80K AND IT RUNS GREAT. I HATE TO HEAR ALL THIS DISSATISFACTION WITH OTHER PORSCH OWNERS IF YOUR CAR FAILS YOU BRING IT TO A CERTIFIED DEALER, I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX THEM, DRIVE THEM, OF COURSE IF YOU DRIVE A PORSCHE WITH PROBLEMS THEY WONT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN. SO SAVE YOUR MONEY, TAKE IT TO A PORSCHE DEALER AND FIX YOUR PORSCHE THE RIGHT WAY. REMEMBER THIS IS A PORSCHE NOT A TOYOTA. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 ENGINEERED CAR IN THE WORLD, IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT RIGHT, SELL IT. WHEN I DRIVE MY 97 PORSCHE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE ROAD. YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY PEOPLE DRIVE AROUND YOU THAT YOUR NUMBER ONE. I HAVE HAD MY COILS REPLACED BRAND NEW AND MY INJECTORS BRAND NEW AND MY WATER PUMP REPAIRED BRAND NEW. TOTAL COST $2800.00 BUT GUESS WHAT IT RUNS GREAT AND MY PORSCHE DEALER LOVES MY CAR. GO PORCHE.. DOMINICK
This car has been trouble. Let me list... Breaks, taillights, headlight lenses, power steering pump, window washer pump, a/c compressor, front passenger window, even replacing bulbs in the car is not easy. We had to order the taillight bulbs off the Internet because no parts stores carried them and the BMW dealer wanted a small fortune for a set!

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota. I've changed the brakes and scheduled fluids. It runs great! I will not buy another BMW.
I really have a serious problem with my car. The engine's temprature rises accedently every time I leave the engine working.The water starts boiling and then gets out through the water outlet. I have aready changed the water radaiter however the problem is still the same. Consequently, I checked the engine heads,changed its gaskets but nothing has changed yet.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
Over the last three years, have had to replace mass air flow sensor, front oxygen sensor twice, rear oxygen sensor, gas cap, catalytic converter, and a few other things I can't remember, all in an effort to get rid of the check engine light and pass emissions inspection. No one seems to be able to get to the heart of the matter. I am quite tired of spending money every year and driving with the light on all the time! I do know that Toyota Corolla's are notorious for issues with the gas cap and engine light (straight out of the dealer's mouth!). I love the gas mileage and beyond the check engine light and replacing the brakes quite frequently, I find no other issues (I have always been a loyal Toyota driver).
Exelente car,, the best working van
The Germans sure know how to build a car. The fit and finish of the car is incredible. I've had mostly American cars all my life. Then I bought my first and VW 06 GTI Mark five. L. in love with it. Then I got my R 32 and will never buy anything but them again.
Mileage 48,000. The overall build quality of this vehicle is acceptable, very few rattles and groans compared to some vehicles. However, the brakes are weak relative to the vehicles size and fade quickly, replaced three sets of OE pads and rotors in 40,000 miles. The radio and electrical system is fickle at best, reception is terrible on the radio, and the electrical system in general contains all of Chrysler's electrical gremlins i.e. radio randomly shutting off, trouble with power windows, wipers, gauges failing, etc. At 45,000 miles the transmission is beginning to slip and CV axles are shot. At 30,000 miles the rear struts failed, and the steering has been sluggish since day 1 compared to other models. The rear AC lines run exposed under the vehicle to the back unit, and are easily damaged by any debris on the road, I have replaced these lines twice since purchase.

Overall very poor quality vehicle would not purchase again and would not recommend.
Purchased my car new. No problems until 2008, when I had to replace tires. In 2009, had window motor on passenger side replaced. May 2010 I had the power steering pump replaced and left back lights fixed...total cost $1,011.00. Car does not look dated and is fun to drive; however, it is very expensive to repair.
i bought a 2006 raider brand new at 44 thousand miles had to have right front ball joint replaced it was covered under warranty at 73 thous miles exact same problem now wont cover and chargeing me aprox 300 to fix i think its pretty funny the same thing is broke again and i do not four wheel! just wondering if others have had problems with ball joints oh and now both sway bars are being replaced also.
I have a 94 Navajo , and so far besides the minor repairs i did when first purchased it , such as wipers, all major fluids ( all 3 gearboxes, tarnsmission, and oil, and so forth) , so far only things that have gone wrong were i had to replace both front shocks( went with heavy duty offroad shocks for the way i drive in city streets :) ) DS radius arm bushing , only prioblems i have are temp gauge for thermastat has gone out but doe snot overheat atall, gas gauge does not work possibly fuel pump is bad and at 122k miles after i hit 4th gear doe snot want to go above 2200 RPMs, but overall minus lousy gas mileage compared to gas prices here and my location weather not much an issue, and driver side door handle did break recently, but easy fix
I have had the car for 6 months and have driven it 12,000 miles. Love the car but did have to replace the altenator and batterie. I think the car sat for a long time because it only had 60,000 miles on it. I did purchase a two year warrenty which covered the altenator. I will need brake pads soon.
Good car with irritating problems like the passenger carpeting pulling up and the A/C turning itself off for no reason. The big one is the starting issue. Randomly does not start even though it turns over fine. The trick is to leave the key in the 'on' position for 10 full minutes, turn it off then it will start. It fools the theft-detection system.
Had an Acura GSR before and my '05 Civic SI is so very fine. Love its reliability and its performance.
So I bought a brand new never drivin 07 cobalt ltz in 2007 its now 2010 I've put more money into the car then you should have to. It now has 64000 miles on it and has a transmission problem. And I had to change the exaust system afta almost 2 years of having it. The power steering oin it is gone and the dealer can't fix it cuz there waitin on the part and been waitin since I got the recall notice back in january of 2010. Its a sharp car looks beautiful but will never buy anotha chevy its just a cheap made hunk of plastic your better off buying a match box......
288000 miles hauling 4000 lb dies served me well
I own a 97 honda accord EX and so far for the past year i have had zero problems with it. Not everything works, but for a 13 year old car that is expected. This car was also in a big crash about two years ago and there are dents on every side of the car, but it still drives great. It does leak some oil, i have to put in about a quart every two months but that is a low price to pay for a car that just hit the 200K mark. I really enjoy how it drives like a car, even though the suspention is very soft. This is a great van and for the size gets great mpg, at 18 (city) and about 26 (highway).
Have owned my Altima since it was new and it has proven to be a great car for the money. General repairs until this year when the car finally hit 100,000 miles and needed to change the struts and tie rod ends. Brakes have had problems periodically.
I bought my spectra used in 09, its a great car. has great acceleration for such a small engine. i get great gas mileage. usually 30 in town. and 45 highway. a great car
I have had my tercel for 10 years. I love my car, it is great on mileage and even though I have had to replace parts, it has never given me a problem. I drove it 350 miles in 5 1/1 hours at 75 the entire way and still had 1/4 tank of gas.I will buy another but I hope to have this car many more years, right now I have 189000
May 20, 2010 - With 207,000 miles I've had my share of repairs. Overall, 3 stars. Too many recalls, too expensive to maintain, gas mileage could be better than 15 to 16 per gallon/20 highway,too complicated and over engineered. Would I buy another MBZ, you bet.
It still runs and looks good.
I have 70k mi. and getting ready to install the cars 2nd set of brakes from uneven wear.Has a lot of road noise,rr window makes noise,the plastic clips for the seat material broke exposing the foam from the back on both seats,this started less than a yr after I baught it.The car is also practically wrapped in foil as you have to be very careful about the body being dented.I totally feel scammed,would expect this from A Chevy but not Honda.
i bought this car because it had mileage of 20071 for a 1994. even though the paint was faded and very minor rust, i bought it anyway because of the low mileage off craigslist. right when i bought it the radiator was spraying coolant so changed that right away. changed thermostat. overall though the engine is strong for a 4 cylinder fuel injection and i don't have problems with it. its a gas efficient car and its nice to find one like i did with a clean interior. keep the interior out of the sun with the sun shade if you care to take care of it. hopefully nothing else goes bad on the car.
The van over heats and the heating/AC is weak. The service provider has replaced EVERYTHING--all to no avail. From what I've read, this is a common problem in this model.
I love my Audi A8L it is by far the best car i have ever owned. It rides smooth and quiet and has everything you could need in a car.
I've had this car for almost two years. I've had very few problems save some annoying electical gremlins. That being said, they are acceptable problems given the age and complexity of the electrical system. I recently had to replace the trans. mounts,otherwise just routine maintenance. I love this car and find it a great joy to own and operate.
I got my 2006 S60 at Volvo of Louisville in February and absolutly love it! The only issue I have is that when I'm stopped at a trafic light, the steering wheel will vibrate and sometimes the vibration will actually get bad enough where my hand actually starts feeling numb. Also, when I brought it in to be checked out, they loaned me another 2006 S60 and it evidenced the same issue. The Service Manager admitted that he did not think it was normal but had never run across or noticed it.
Other than that, the only problem with the car is the total lack of rear passenger space. I'm a big guy and so have to keep my seat all the way back, and then the back seat passenger has about 8 inches of room.
8 months in and so far so good. easy ride. cargo space is a bit smaller than expected. wierd fold down seating.
This 2008 VW Beetle S hatchback, with 5 cyl.-6 forward gears, 4-wheel ABS Disc brakes and has really great suspension plus airbags, I think its the same as the Passat, because I have a 2001 Passat GLX and dang that auto handles really good, just like my Black Trident. I mean gaaht dang German engineering. I get 30+mpg when I drive like a civialian which is rarely because das auto handles so good and really zips, I have run circles around street traffic and zoomed past beamers and benzes on the freeway, this car is so much fun to drive, I pray to God I never crash considering the maneuvers I've pulled with this baby!
I bought it with 12.7K miles on it from the dealer in September of 2008. I have 25K miles on it now and have needed no repairs, I purchased the 100K mile extended factory warranty, I use Castrol Edge 5w-30 and Fram oil and air filters.
Bought this certified used in 2004 with only 10K miles. I've put 85K miles on it and have had no real issues. Only normal maintenance, which I do myself. Car is on its third set of front brake pads and nearing another change so it does like to eat brake pads. I'll try ceramic pads next time. Only non-maintenace part replaced was the thermostat. Car is fun to drive, especially on windy roads. Wish it had more power. AWD is a life saver in the snow and even when its just wet. I'm extremely happy with this car.