Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 1 - 30 of 14565 reviewsFilter
By on 4/16/18 | Waco, TX | Car Owner
I have no regrets with this caddy. It has power and style.
By on 4/12/18 | Wilmington, DE | Car Owner
Quiet, comfortable, responsive. Luxurious interior with excellent leather seats and wood veneer surroundings. Accessories work well except GPS considerably out of date. Driven 82000 miles with minimal repairs so far, which is appropriate; it should be good based on mileage. Not economical by today's standards, but fair for this luxury class vehicle. No regrets on this car -- I expect to keep it basically "forever." Dealer service is expensive but seldom needed.
By on 4/11/18 | Baltimore, MD | Car Owner
I love my windstar it’s 18 years old so I expect maintenance issues but I will say I see windstars every day riding strong I look for used parts at the junkyard plenty of Honda’s Toyota from that era but no windstars.There may be a few bad apples but K notice that this is usually when you don’t do scheduled maintenance.
By on 4/11/18 | Kirby, OH | Car Owner
$3 POS part cost $125 and caused $400 damage
to alternator and remove replace install cost
DONE WITH FORD ....TOYOTA USA FROM NOW ON
By on 5/15/17 | Encino, CA | Car Owner
One month into ownership of used 2009 I still like the car. I do have to replace the shocks, one front and one back leaking. I had to replace an axle boot. Tire wear (inside rears) was excessive and wrecked a new set of tires after 25,000 miles. There is a TSB for this and decreasing the rear camber (adjustable control arms are aftermarket) will fix it.

I've driven it 25,000 miles in the last year, at least 10 trips from LA to San Francisco and it has been an economical delight.
By on 4/8/18 | Clarkesville, GA | Car Owner
Owning this car has been a pleasure. Only wish the ride was smoother and more like my old caddy, LOL
By on 4/6/18 | Beebe, AR | Car Owner
Safer than most vehicles and saved our lives I would buy this truck again.we were in a head on collision this truck saved our lives
By on 3/31/18 | Langley, OK | Car Owner
I tried to find a problem and I couldn't... Love this ride except for the MPGs ... But I can fix that.
By on 3/31/18 | Fleetwood, PA | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
Won't buy a GM ever again
By on 3/30/18 | Grand Island, NY | Car Owner
First 120,000 were mainly trouble free.
By on 3/28/18 | Marion, MI | Car Owner
Exelant car, though the transmission is a CVT and lends to hesitate. This is part of owning a CVT with such a heavy vehicle. This is the second Freestyle I have owned, my first was a 2005 AWD and ran for 325,000 with us and is still on the road. The 2006 is. FWD and I am not as happy with it, I purchased it with 169,000 and it has required more work than the 05 did at this stage.
Perfect for families as there is a full frame in it and speaking from experience will take a large impact and continue to drive. (05)
By on 3/27/18 | Reno, NV | Car Owner
I have always been a Jeep girl - until this Jeep. Totally cured. The only problem is I am having trouble replacing it because I have always gone with Jeep. The loss of love started 2 days after purchasing it used from a Jeep dealer. 2 days after purchase I had to replace catalytic converter...it's all downhill from there. At 2 months I receive the first recall notice- ok, not pleased with the dealer over the c.c. but willing to put it in the past and move on to the recall. 7 hours later (I live over 100 miles from dealer) while waiting in the lobby, my vehicle is returned - driving home the "service 4wd" light came on - apparently the recall knocked the 4wd out (on many Jeeps). This turned into 8 trips to the dealer over 2 years with the end result being the dealer telling me to not bring the vehicle back and Jeep/Chrysler denying further repairs. I need 4wd - that is why I bought 4wd-comments continued in details section read on....
By on 3/27/18 | Newport News, VA | Car Owner
First, you buy a vehicle like this (4 WD or AWD) for mobility and safety in slippery conditions. The manual says, engage 4WD in heavy rain, drive slow - 40 mph max. If an owner is mature enough to do this then you will have good safety. Very tight turning radius is a big plus. On the down side, only gets 18 mpg and it only has an 18 gallon tank. If you are going to do cross country trips (as we do) then you want a 25 gal tank. Don't want to run out of gas in the middle of no where.
Another thing is that the electric fuel pump is inside the fuel tank. Replacing is quite expensive. This was a completely dumb idea by the designers. Someone needs to design and after market replacement fuel system using a common fuel pump and flange with pick up tube to replace the original fuel pump in the tank safely.
By on 3/26/18 | Ellensburg, WA | Car Owner
I've owned Toyota pickups my whole life. Great trucks! That is until I bought a 2008 Tacoma.
I usually drive em until they have 250-300 on em. Seemed pretty routine when I traded in my 99 for a newer 2008. Man what a joke this company has become. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and gets about 12 miles to the gallon(4 cylinder).
It's had 4 serious recalls; from throttle sticking to transmission problems to steering issues. I just got two more recall notices in the mail last week. Now it has to go to have the rusty frame inspected and problems with a rattling transmission (propeller shaft).
The steering went completely out at 80,000 miles and leaf springs out at 70,000.
In fact I am writing this review after I've spent the entire day replacing two blown struts at 105,000. Why did it take all day you ask? Oh because one of the nuts that holds the arm-bar in place broke off off inside the frame thanks to a crappy factory weld job.
I will never buy another Toyota again.
By on 3/17/17 | Verona, PA | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
I've only had to paid for tires and scheduled maintenances since I've owned it! Very practical, with plenty of interior space and a large trunk, for a midsize car. One of the most reliable vihicles you can buy. Impressive assortment of standard features, including a rear camera, 10 air bags and power driver's seat. While the Camry isn't going to replace a BMW when it comes to driving enjoyment, it holds its own among other family sedans.
By on 3/3/18 | Dallas, TX | Car Owner
This is my first BMW - and knew they had a reputation of requiring fairly expensive maintenance - after all it is a "high performance" vehicle. My 328i had exceptionally low mileage (14k) on it when I purchased it in early 2014 - and just recently had a new Valve Cover Gasket and Seals along with new Oil Filter Housing Seals replaced at 50,000 miles. (circa $ 1,500) This is a very typical repair on these typically done around 60 to 70k miles - but the rubber components and seals wore out due to my vehicle age more than my actual mileage. But that's the first and only "major" repair I've had to have on a vehicle that is now 10 years old ! It's a "tight" car - that handles and performs beautifully on the road and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. You should reasonably expect to budget and spend anywhere from $ 1000 to $ 1500 /year (out of warranty) to keep this performance vehicle properly maintained.
By on 3/1/18 | Wilkes Barre, PA | Car Owner
Bought my Buick Lucerne New in 2008 (dealer left over). I have 183,000 miles on the car. I can't say enough about this car. Over the years I have had to change out the transmission (112,000 miles). Engine still strong. Of course had to change out tie rod ends, control arm. Recently went over the car and replaced shocks/struts, wheel bearings in front. I plan on keeping it for a long time. The car has been in several accidents. Dealer's garage door came loose and dropped onto the roof of the car when only a year old. Front end hit (my fault and repaired). Side rear rim and bumper hit (not my fault, not repaired, kept the $2,200). This is a car we rely on to get us to NYC. Enjoy our time there. We don't have to worry if it gets damaged. Although, if I had known I was going to keep it this long, I would have put a bit more care into the car.
By on 2/28/18 | Ontario, OR | Car Owner
I love my car it is a champ. I feel like it will go forever as long a I do the routine matnenece
By on 2/26/18 | Buffalo, NY | Car Owner
I bought my GCL @ 15k miles... 17 years later she still purrs... If you can't work on a jeep Don't buy one... I've rebuilt the front dif twice, rear dif twice, put in a new transfer case, all control arms (bushings shot) due to salt, shocks and struts all the way around. The brakes and pads rebuilt i can't even count. The frame I personally "spray", but hey it's my jeep... keep fixing her and she keeps moving...
By on 2/23/18 | Robinson, PA | Car Owner
I bought my 2009 Mariner brand new and I have had no problems with it. I now have about 150,000 miles on it. I have been searching for new vehicles but I just can’t seem to find one to replace my Mariner yet. I love how my vehicle handles and the overall look of my car. I am not impressed by the aerodynamic look to these newer models. I will probably keep my Mariner until the wheels fall off. In my opinion, I would recommend this vehicle but I guess it depends on how the vehicle may have been maintenanced by prior owners as to what might go wrong in the future.
By on 2/22/18 | Center Line, MI | Car Owner
Very dependable car. Easy going, u always feel as if your in total control. The 3.8L V6 engine however allows you to put it in high gear, if need be. Interior is a little out dated and body style leaves little to be desired.
By on 2/22/18 | San Francisco, CA | Car Owner
I have had this car for 11 years now. I have 75,000 miles on it and I think with proper maintenance it can run for another 75,000. It's not amazing in the way of comfort or even safety (luckily I haven't been in an accident with it) but I do feel that is it dependable and it has always gotten me where I need to go!
By on 2/22/18 | Pacific, MO | Car Owner
Very expensive car to maintain
By on 2/21/18 | Montgomery, TX | Car Owner
Good car , cost more to buy and keep !!
By on 2/21/18 | Greenwood, IN | Car Owner
Don't by this car at any price............it does not run properly regardless of the love or money you put into it....!
By on 2/19/18 | Bronx, NY | Car Owner
I own a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4X4 after buying my Jeep I wanted to replace some parts just for GP (general principles) because the vehicle had 54,000 miles and other parts/repairs were do too wear and tear at 120,000 miles. I will never sell or trade this Jeep ... I was one of the lucky ones who wasn't stuck with a vehicle leaving the Detroit assembly line after a New Year's Party or Super Bowl Game ... Thank .... You ..... Jesus!!! (smile/wink)
By on 2/12/18 | Hendersonville, TN | Leased Car
Reliability Rating: (3/5)
Average
This car has plenty of power, is fun to drive, and has a great looking exterior and interior. Gas mileage is great too. I have 1 complaint about this car that drives me bonkers. The turning radius is awful!!! And when I am able to park without backing up and re-pulling back in to acoid hitting the car next to it, the car is too close to the line on the other side or kind of sideways. I have also hit a couple of curbs with the back tires when making a turn even when I havr cleared it with the front tires by a longshot. If they fix this, the car is great! Actually slightly underpriced car for the value.
By on 2/9/18 | Pendleton, SC | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
My Last Buick! I've always had faith in our Buicks, we've owned at least 5. They've known about this leak for years and still did nothing My Lucern wasn't cheap either!
By on 2/6/18 | Marlton, NJ | Car Owner
I recently was in a fender bender collision while in bumper to bumper traffic . Over $7500in damages and the air bag did not deploy . I will never buy a Honda again . Not a good value and very unsafe vehicle
By on 2/1/18 | Felton, DE | Car Owner
I purchased this car 2yrs ago with 69k it now has 89k and I love the feel of the safety being in it and the issue I've had was just normal wear and tear that's just regular repairs.This has been one of the best cars I've ever owned.