Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

I am having low oil pressure issues and air bags. I replaced both sensors but still having issues. Anyone else know of this?
i have had a lot of trucks iam an electrical contractor and when I bought this truck in 2001 my brother in law told me how powerful the diesels are. I have a 2001 f-350 7.3 with a full service box and rack on it. I put in a gale banks system that gave me 720 foot pounds of torque that use to be stock at 520. I live in Carlsbad Calif. and use to go to lake mead all the time with my family and just smoke cars trucks etc. up the steep hills with no problem even towing a 28 foot boat. My truck has gone through two transmissions and a few other things but all in all its been just awesome. .. I now have 384,000 miles on it and runs very very strong. I change my oil every 3,000 miles and also fuel filter every 10,000 or sooner. Iam ready for a new truck but cant leave this one it has been so good to me. Still have original starter in it. so have a lot of friends purchase the 6.0 and EVERY ONE HAS CRAPPED OUT THEY ARE JUST THE WORST ENGINE EVER BUILT, TERRIBLE ENGINE. RATHER HAVE A MAKITA MOTER IN IT?
What is the problem my cavalier 1998 will not go in gear first it was sitting right and then it stop completely what is the the problem
I rate it so high because a few years ago like in 2011 my dad was driving this car with me and my mom there was a big cargo truck in front of us. My dad is a "Rush" Guy, so he use to drive fast and sometimes cross red lights he never got a ticket. so he hit the cargo truck with his lexus es 300 1999 and the truck went flying and crashed.we go away with it because after my dad took us home. so this shows the cars strength. I mean its a sedan that beated a cargo van. The more funny part is he buyed the car used and its still stronger than a truck. He gave it away :(
. wowo so the car fell apart at not even 40000miles had to get thw ehile engine done and air conditioned compressor had to get a new one at not even 60000 miles . i go no where with this car please dont buy kias they are over priced and fall apart soon ......right lights having trouble with visor fell out not even 20000 miles i have spent at leaset 3000 grand through out the ten years i have had it . well .i wouldnt sell it or trade it in thats for sure i put four new tires on it and gonna drive it until it cant drive no more i like my money in my pocket ,,,,,,DONT BUY KIAS thats all i can say ......

Update 11/7/2017. Vehicle now has 150,000 miles on it. I am done spending money on this vehicle. It is one thing after another. I fix something a month later something else breaks. I have evap codes, thermostat code (had this replaced less than a year ago), transmission code, brake code, code code code......
Trailblazers are JUNK PERIOD!

Bought my 2006 Trailblazer in 2010/2011 with 68k miles on it and initially liked it (first two years), but four years later (127k miles) nothing but trouble. This Chevy is a piece of JUNK IMO. Terrible design, cheaply built, junk parts, etc. I get it the vehicle is almost 10 years old, but come on. Does every part HAVE to be designed to fail after 100K when you pay 30+ thousand dollars brand new? ridiculous!

I am going to think long and hard before buying another GM product when the time comes and warranty will be EVERYTHING important as the brand. This is the second GM vehicle I've owned (I'm 35) and as soon as they hit 100k it seems like you might as well buy a second one and rotate them back and forth to the shop. TONS of costly repairs in my experience. Let me list a few for perspective buyers who are thinking about buying this vehicle used (they stopped making TBlazers back in 2009).

Remember these are issues and parts I've had to replace in just the past two years. Replaced: 2 Water pumps (AC delco thing probably a lemon), fuel pump, 2 hub bearings, ac condenser unit & compressor, 2 ignition coils, windshield wiper pump and failed door locks).

Issues I'm currently having: malfunctioning interior lighting, rear stereo speakers malfunctioning & shorting out, rear defrost totally failed, leaky intake manifold, leaky radiator and malfunctioning alternator. There are a few other items I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. This vehicle has cost me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars the past two years and it has been on thing after another. OEM parts suppliers and dealerships are making a fortune off people who keep these beastly vehicles outside of the warranty period.

Performance wise it gets terrible fuel economy (even for an SUV/truck at barely 14 mpg with a 6 cylinder engine), features a clunky prehistoric era transmission, terrible uncomfortable seats typical of GM vehicles (not sure how they can't figure this out) and the list goes on. I'm disappointed and not happy. This might be my last GM product.
I bought my 06 colorado from rick hendricks in va, it was a 06 with 9,800 miles in 2014 great deal, one month later truck wont start, took it in after three days there mechanics could not find nothing, the same event happend over and over called the dealership they wanted over a hundered to look at it , finally look in book my security light was coming on it was anti theft protection, i called and they could not help me without paying within a year, and now fan motor works on number 4 speed, number 1, 2, and 3 don't work unless you wiggle the wiring harness behind glove box, hit a bump and it stops working I grew up with chevy with the experience I received with this one and the service from chevy and rick hendricks I probably will look at toyota they take care of there customers I am 52 years old bought my first chevy when i was 15 had 10 more later and now probably pass on from buying another
I love this car. its fun to drive, looks cool, many, many compliments. I've owned it for a year no problems . It's a basic car no frills 1.8T Beetle sedan.. Gas mileage is not as good as I expected but I do short trips on city streets i'm getting about 28 mpg.

Owner of a '02 Millenia S purchased new here in MA. Loved it from the get go and still do. Daily driver for 5 yrs, then as a 2nd car. Taken to FL several trips but mostly local mileage. Now has 45000 +/- mi on it. Hasn't been to a dealer since first 5K checkup. Self serviced carefully and frequently. Runs and looks new. Going to premium shop Alpha Cars for a complete brake job this wk. Looking forward to at least a few more yrs of trouble free driving from this fine vehicle.
Chicago, IL: 2000 Honda Accord LX 4Cyl - Taffeta White - 276,000 Miles.

Little rust in the quarter panel, but clear coat seems to be drying off. Had a minor accident on the rear bumper causing a scraps and cuts, but have not fixed it for more than 5 years now. Paint seems to be holding up well. Transmission gave up at 260,000 miles and replaced it with a used ones with 110,000 miles. Flex pipe have been replaced twice so far. one at 98,000 Miles and other at 270,000 Miles. Other than that, everything is original factory (shocks/struts, Mufflers, Engine, Radio, and Electronic) , no modification.

Great, yet reliable car I've ever owned!
2007 Honda Odyssey fully loaded and full of trouble. 13 miles, brand new purchased off the lot. From day 1...nothing but repairs - doors go out, Windows stop working. Constant engine problems that are, thankfully, covered by warranty. Some repairs are done twice because the replacement part was faulty. All repairs done at the dealership. And, amen, that we bought the extended warranty as at 62,000 miles the entire engine blows! Upset that an engine with 59,000 miles was put into my van, but happy I didn't have to pay the $14,000 tag for repairs.
Still, to this day, trouble, but budget does not allow for a new vehicle.
Will not purchase Honda again.
2004-1/2 chevy 2500 hd Duramax LLY
I love my truck it had 8 miles on it when i went and picked her up she has 406501 miles , ii i
i installed Banks 6 gun the first year . i don't think a man could ask for a better truck, only problems i have had replaced front wheel hubs 3 times about every 100000 miles and replaced the fuel regulator, had to replace the batteries a few times changed oil every 7000 miles , transmission fluid 100000 miles , transfer case fluid at 200000 and front & rear differential lube the seats are torn up the body is beat to hell ,but she keeps on going never has let me down, starts up every time . i have pulled race car trailers up and down the east coast never got stuck in the mud, pulled a lot of fords out of the infield . The only thing i can say about this truck is i want another one just like it only 2018 model but i don't think GM can do it again. (will see)
Don’t buy an equinox. Our problems started 1 year after we bought it. In and out of the shop constantly for engine problems after 10,000 miles...had to have the engine replaced at 50,000. Also had to have 2 transmissions totally replaced. Had to replace the exhaust manifold...broke in 2... and replace the air conditioning condenser. Like the body and interior, but if you are looking for a reliable car, this is not it... I will never buy GM again...
I bought my car in 2013 with 22,000 miles on it. 2011 Hyundai Accent 2dr hatchback. Worked great until all four engine coils went. 1st was at 24,000 miles, 2nd at 28,000, 3rd at 35,000 and 4th at 87,000. I have spent so much money replacing, loaning cars, paying tow trucks, using roadside assistance and nothing has been covered under the warranty they said would cover me until 50,000 and 100,000 for the powertrain. I have had nothing but problems and issues with this car for the last three years. Super disappointed and ZERO accountability. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM HYUNDAI AGAIN.. like it matters to them anyway.
I purchased my Geo Metro (5 speed) new in 1991. I wanted three things in a car; and in the Metro, I got all of them. One was cost, and with the first time buyer incentive of $1000, I paid only $6000. Second was mpg. I got an average of about 55 mpg for both city and highway. If I ever got a mere 50, it was a bad day. Third was reliability, and I had virtually zero problems until 145,000 miles. I did oil changes, and recommended maintenance, and that was it. At 145,000 miles, the engine went out. And soon after that, my husband and I had our third child, so we went to a larger car.

I sometimes wish, though, that something comparable was available now.
Worst car i ever had, very fun to drive, very nice and fancy... but you have to assume that a big repair of about $1000 a year will be needed. That is the average i had during last 4 years. Now 70M miles and will try to sell asap.
The rear window unglued because the fabric top stretch due to sun and water, so Mini said that has to change entire roof at $4000!!!!! Also, oil leakage, engine light on, interior defects, and issues with fuel pump.
Hope to get some money from it and will buy a real car.
I've owned my 2004 LS430 for about 10 days. I needed something to give my wife a comfortable ride on trips. Wow, did I find it. The plus for me is it's a joy to drive. I'm the second owner, it has 150,000 miles, and is in pretty much perfect condition inside and out. I hope to put another 150K on the odometer.
Bought the car new in Feb 2017. A few weeks ago the check engine light came on. After the third fix I email GMC customer service to complain. I received an email that said I would be contacted w/in 1-2 business days. A WEEK LATER, someone finally called. After the third fix did not take care of the check engine light and a promised phone call that wasn't made, I got ahold of the customer service agent and asked about getting my money back. She said she did not make those decisions, but she would route the request up. Last night I received a call from the agent stating that GMC would not give us our money back. I asked why not and she said she did not make those decisions. I expressed how I though that it was messed up that I was given an answer, but no reason for the answer. She said again that she does not make those decisions. When I asked about getting the contact information to the person or department that makes those decisions I was told - NO. Apparently a ghost runs that department.... I recommend STAYING AWAY from GMC!
I have owned my blazer for 13 years. It had 77k when I got it and it now has almost 230k. Repairs in that time have been ball joints, idler and pitman arms, front wheel hub/bearing assemblies (4 times each side), oil cooler lines, 4WD computer, 4WD encoder/motor, 2 sets of shocks, intake manifold, water pump, radiator, fuel pump (twice) and I recently had to disassemble my wiper motor to repair it because my wipers wouldn't shut off if I turned them on. The front suspension has been slightly problematic but that is a known problem area for blazers.

The powertrain itself is all original. My rear end is beginning to whine and my tensioner pulley is whining as well so I'm sure its going to fail in the near future. Fuel economy sucks at an average of about 14 -16 mpg but the 4.3L vortec v6 is a definate workhorse. I have towed with it numerous times and have been near its rated towing limit many of those times and have exceeded its tow limit once or twice. The V6 handles these occasional heavy loads with ease and the transmission does as well (I do have an aftermarket transmission cooler though). I have used it to pull numerous cars out of the ditch and the 4wd does great in the snowy months.

All in all, I am not looking forward to the day when it comes time to retire my blazer. It has been a very good and reliable vehicle and I'm confident shes got a few years left in her still. 300k... here I come!
I bought this car from a private owner 2 years ago for $1,200 with 163,000 miles on it. It still runs fairly well with 168,000 now. I've had to replace the cracked radiator, which from the service history, had already been done once. It seems to surge with acceleration sometimes, as if cruise control is engaged. It makes a squeaky, rusty sound when shifting. At times, the brakes feel grabby. The passenger side front window is broken due to the power motor getting stuck. That may have also happened before. The dashboard lights seem too dim and the sound system sucks. In short, it is good for getting to work and running around town, which matters most to me. But I try not to put it on the Interstate because the ride over bumps is the worst. Since I don't drive it much, I can go for a couple weeks on a tank of gas. It gets from A to B.
I leased the 2015 Convertible Beetle from Gunther Volkswagen in Coconut Creek, Florida and have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Within 2 months of leasing, the vehicle staled while driving at 50 miles/hr; I was told it needed a software up-date ! It got flooded twice due to some clogging at the bottom of the windshield, A/C died completely and had to be replaced; radiator fan busted. Despite the fact that everything was fixed under the warranty, it's pretty annoying to find yourself visiting the service department more often than you see your friends! The car is fun to drive in the winter in Florida but forget about opening that convertible in the summer (too hot and always raining here). No leg room at the back and forget about picking up materials at Home Depot (no room to fit anything in that car). If you like a quiet ride, don't get this one; very noisy vehicle. I have tried to return the lease early but all dealerships appraise the car at 10K when the sales price was 28K; does not retain a good resale value. I certainly would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. It looks like I am stuck with this car until the lease is over.
I have 150,000 miles on the car. I do regularly scheduled work and that has been the only service I have ever needed. I am getting an average 23 MPG. It's quiet, smooth, has excellent acceleration, very comfortable seats and plenty of trunk space.
First off I before this 2005 owned a 2004 Honda Accord EX both the K24 SULEV engines, both automatic and both have been phenomenal. I drive A LOT!, these both never failed me once even when they were not in the best condition. For example my 05 LX needs new rear upper control arms and some other suspension work but it still drives well enough to keep highway speeds and hit corners at speed without braking. I replaced the air intake with a short ram and it sounds great, I also replaced front passenger shock with a used low mileage original shock, also replaced the front sway links and front rotors and pads along with new shoes in the back, still running good. Sure it has 200,000 miles on her but the motor and transmission are both original. I came from Subaru and I have gotta say Honda may be no race car or sports car but is still a great used car requiring minimal maintenance and the 4 cylinder uses a chain unlike the V6, I will continue to purchase used 7th generation accords as I am well aware the 8th and 9th generations have their full share of problems. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles with synthetic blend and a super tech filter (yes the cheapest filter ever) and the motor runs great! It won't win any beauty pageant but she won't fall you ever up until well after 250k miles!
This is my second V6 Passat Sedan. It is by far the best handling, best engine with all the performance one could want, superior braking, quietest to drive and most overall outstanding car I've ever known or owned. Other than routine maintenance and having to replace normal wear items, I have zero complaints. As for the person complaining about cost of maintenance there are some reliable mechanics who service this car. And they have the expertise and the necessary diagnostic equipment to do so. Gas costs more, premium is required, but that's why it performs like it does.
Bought the car in 1996 new. Best car ever made. No meaningful expense in 21 years. Unfortunately the car just died. Looked good and drove great to the end at 320,000 miles. RIP.
I have been quite pleased with my black raven 2007 CTS. I read/hear so many people bash the "1st Generation" CTS. However, it was the right car & the right price & time for me & I have no complaints at all. 10 years later it performs as it was designed to do and at 52,000 miles I have yet to have a repair other than recently replacing the original tires & battery. The 3.6 engine uses no oil between changes. Perhaps I just got a "good one", nonetheless I still love it & drive it daily.
just hit 230,000 and had to replace the tranny. I've had this car 6 years now and it's been a beast! I drive all over, mainly in the mountains. One complaint is the gas cap. I've changed it many times now and it still triggers the check engine light!
First off, I'd like to give a background on previous cars that way you know what I'm comparing this car with. I've only owned Audi before, first an S4 then an A4. Coming into the Volvo I was skeptical because it was new to me. Dispite this, I can assure you it has not been disappointing whatsoever. The looks are definitely controversial amonst friends, however, the interior has been lovely. No squeeks to date while approaching 50k miles and nothing has quit working or lost quality on the interior. Moving on to the reliability. I've had all the scheduled maintenance done to this car and have not run into a problem yet. There is some things to be said about drive train however. The engine is more potent than the A4 of the same year yet a little less refined. My biggest gripe about the car has been the transmission. I haven't had any repair issues with it but it just seems like it needs a little more refinement. In normal drive mode it shifts harder than I'd like whether shifting up or down. It feels more like it's in sport mode but all the time. You can see how that would get annoying just commuting. Other than this the car seems to be built very well and drives really well, I saw an earlier post of this car about it vibrating and pulling and personally I think that sounds like poor maintenance and some bad roads. I've only heard awesome things about this car and I'm very happy to report the same. Honestly, now that I'm seeking more power once again, I may just stay with Volvo and go Polestar rather than move back to my Audi days of choppy reliability and expensive maintenance AND repair costs.
I saved for a long time to buy a new truck
When I finally had enough I started looking and when I seen the Dodge 1500 quad cab I knew I had found my truck. It was beautiful!
So I bought it it was great for the first year then I started having problems first it was overheating then had electrical problems now yesterday I'm driving along and hear a loud bang and it shut off I got out raised the hood and noticed the passenger side valve cover exploded! Have no clue why it was running fine And then bang! Now I have no truck...
Purchased a used 2005 Toyota forerunner V6 with 76,000 miles based on Consumer Reports and Edmunds.com reviews. Other than a new battery and a starter, we've had no issues for several years. At 133,000 however, dash panel light and computer code revealed misfire in # 6 cylinder. After some research, I discovered "head gasket," and # 6 cylinder issues are quite common in high mileage Toyota forerunners. See 4runner.org or google: 2005 toyota forerunner "head gasket" and you will discover as I did, that Toyota has lot's of # 6 cylinder & head gasket issues on high mileage Toyota's. So much for low maintenance costs! $4,000.repair costs are nothing to sneeze at my friend.