Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I just had to register to comment on our 2007 signature series van.110,000 miles..I am amazed that anyone has a 2007 Chrysler van that is good..We had one of the first Dodge vans and was satisfied but these are the problems we have had with this one !.. Replaced radiator,Front Rotors( warped) , all brake pads,Rt sliding door lock motor, repaired Lt sliding door wiring harness 3 times for breaks in wires, replaced both front wheel speed sensors,(Drivers side sliding door lock motor failed today) Road noise is bad, Uses 1qt per 1000 miles,Trans slaps into low gear jerking everyone, Engine knocks when cold, Loud whining noise in engine area now( Maybe power steering pump) ,Front left side pops loudly when first backing out, underpowered compared to Toyota and Honda vans.(a lot of these problems happened before 50,000 miles. Chrysler has lost me as a customer in the future and according to a lot of the post /they have lost quite a few more.They have given American cars a bad name. As a mechanic I know that Vans are machines that will have some problems but come on ,this is over the top! I feel sorry for the people that cant repair their own and have dumped their money into these pieces of junk. I would love to see a class action law suit against this company for their lack of responsibility towards their customers ! FOOL ME ONCE, NEVER AGAIN!
so for is good.
After my dad past in 2013 my step mom gave me his 2002 Buick LaSaber Custom. Daddy got it used he walked up to this car said I want it he never test drive it or listened to it. And we have never had any problems always passes smog. Beck of a motor has over 120 thousand miles. Only grip I have is the breaking issue I'm having they make noise..but it's a great car it's so pretty..Daddy named him Baby and he is my baby now..lol..
I had this car for exactly one month. It was my first car, I was a very new driver, and it is certainly not a car someone who is new to driving should have. It far overpowered my abilities as a new driver. I would recommend that only experienced drivers use this vehicle. The brakes were spongy, despite being performance brakes, and this made me exceptionally uncomfortable. I really had to slam on the brakes in order to get the car to stop.

I am writing this review mostly so that I can inform others of the safety features this car offers. I totaled this car by running it straight in to a tree at around 40 mph. I came out of the accident completely unscathed. I had burns from the air bag on my arms, and a mild concussion, but otherwise I was perfectly okay. I can say confidently that I may be dead right now had I been driving another car. This car did its job extremely well, and it kept me safe even in a very serious head on collision. If you are looking for a safe vehicle, this is the one for you!
I bought my 2007 chevy 2500 hd 4x4 used from a toyota dealership in ft myers florida. i spent a whopping 32,000 for the truck when it had 60,000 miles on it . i have had it a year now it has 106,000 miles on it and its a paper weight i owe 20,000 dollars left remaining on it. i was driving like any other day ythe oil light came on oil pressure dropped to zero i had it towed to a shop and they were baffled only 106,000 and engine shot tapping in bottom end. im not a happy customer.
had since 1999....wife's cars..... best auto I ever purchased .....engine purrs like new....only 110,000mi.....no major problem until recently though body
hasnt held up as well as rest of car......recent problem with battery.........something seems to drain it when not in use for couple of hrs wont start without quick boost from power pack.......have all accessories before jump but not enough power to start....replaced battery same thing...maybe cables ?......
AAA tech says charging system checks out ok needs about $4000 of rust repair and paint job....systems still awesome... may keep
My 2013 2.0 Taurus SEL is a piece of junk. I have had so many issues with it I could pull my hair out. The turbocharger went out 6 months ago and after replacing it, the gaskets for it, the vacuum pump, fixing the wastegate, and other hoses I now get to replace the turbocharger yet again. I have taken this car to Ford several times and called them at least twice a week to no avail. No-one can tell me what is wrong with this car. DO NOT BUY A FORD. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
Bought my 1997 American Edition V6 XLE new, now 250,000 plus miles later still going strong, although I have had to some unusual repairs lately. Motor mounts, Steering rack, sway bar, Struts & Springs all around, on my third set (4) of rotors, Valve Covers. And now my dash board lights are completely out, along with the Sun Visor which I haven't been able to find a replacement yet.
1991 300 SE 4 door

The car rides like a tank...unstoppable great car... a/C PROBLEMS AND SUNROOF off track...
6 cylinder great engine M103-- my only complaint is right rear floor has water getting there somehow...
195,000 miles.. was $55,000 in 1991 when new.
Mercedessource.com has most of any help you might need.These guys are experts far away from NY..but they sell parts..
Where on long island can someone fix this car is beyond me besides the dealers (crooks)
I bought mine new in 1992. Its still my favorite, most dependable car after 215,000 miles in Alaska. I did have to rebuild the transmission at 163k but I run 4 wheel drive all winter.

It is important to do the regularly scheduled maintenance and all fluid changes. Heavy 4 wheel useage will require packing (greasing) the front hubs at least annually.

I really wish I could buy a new one.
This was my first & LAST Honda I will ever purchase. I always heard how great Honda was. I am truly dissapointed! Of course, all the defaults are operator error and NOT Honda's! I NEVER had issues with my Toyota or Acura. The Civic is junk! Engine siezed, windows don't work, then the locks, new motor mounts and constantly getting new tires! Ridiculous!!! Never again!
This is my 3rd Toyota, (1 truck and 2 corollas) It just keeps going. I got a great deal on this in 2010 because of all the hoopla going on about the recall on gas pedal. I never had any of the "recalls" repaired. I bought it with 44K on it from a private owner who took care of it.

Now it has 130K. I've only replaced brakes once. (It's an automatic but I downshift a lot before braking) Replaced the serpentine belt once just out of precaution. Replaced the original battery in Nov of 2015 and only did so because wow, that's a long time and didn't want to get stuck in the winter.

I had to replace part of the exhaust around 90K including the muffler. My light on the shifter showing drive, reverse etc went out at about 100K. That's it! Love this car and will be looking for another pre-owned Corolla within the next two years.
I bought this truck from the original owner with 140 thousand miles on it. Now, has 240,000 miles on it. And just never let me down basic maintenance replace the battery and alternator brake pads normal stuff love
this truck woudnt trade it for anything.
I purchased my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Quad Cab short bed four months ago from the original owner with 226,000 miles original engine original transmission. The dash is in perfect condition no cracks. The interior is leather and has dried out a bit on both front seats, but I used a leather conditioner which helped. The truck drives like brand new with no signs of excessive engine oil consumption. Suspension is superb. I also purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 long bed with 165,000 miles in 2013 from my brothers mechanic who took excellent care of the truck. This truck is bullett proof and is built like a brick sh__t house solid as hell and reliable. Original Transmission and no excessive engine oil consumption. You guys wouldn't believe what I paid for each truck. $2450 for the 1500 and $2000 for the 2500. I saved myself $100K+ and these trucks will last 20 more years!!!
Rust!!...I own a 2005 Dodge Durango Limited which I purchased while I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY and while I like the power of the 5.7 liter Hemi and the 3rd row seating the extreme problems with rust on these vehicles is recall worthy.
This is my third VW Beetle that I purchased since 1975. Great car to drive.
The passlock has been a headache in regards to this truck. GM you owe a lot of people a recall! You know this is an issue! Fix it!
I bought my 2002 ls 4x4 suburban 5.3l flex brand new i had to replace the knock sensors and intake manifold at 100000 miles the fuel pump and all bwheel bearings and rearend at 185000 i also just replaced the catalytic converters with flow master cats and dual exhaust a k&n cold air intake and polished the throttlebody. the abs started grabbing at random at about 100000 i see the recall i called the local dealership in moses lake wa they refused to do anything so i had to pull the abs fuse so now im driving without abs also paint on dash peeled offin sheets transmission was replaced at 220000 i love this rig it has been through alot and i dont baby it it gets rodded i still am driving it now with 317000 miles on the original engine dosent burn oil has tons of power unbelievable great rig
My dash light is out it is not just the bulb or a fuse issue this is inside of the dash and this is a common issue with Chrysler sebrings if you look up at the other people's opinions and reviews of the vehicle this is a common issue and it is also a safety hazard for driving at night when you cannot see your speedometer this should be recalled immediately but it hasn't been Chrysler doesn't care about their customers safety. Also my heater does not come on it doesn't matter what the temperature gauge says on my car engine the heater will not pump out warm air. The door that switches is not working which is another issue with the dash. I'm not a mechanic but I've had a few things explained to me by one which would give me enough of initiative to look up a few things about Chrysler sebrings and I will never ever buy another Chrysler again. I loved the Chrysler Pacifica that I had but this is ruined me to Chrysler.
A week after I bought it from a dealer, with a 50/50 for 30 days, the clutch went out totally. I would be at a stop light, with my foot on the brakes, and the car would take off. If I happened to start it when the shifter was in reverse...yep the car would take off even before I took my foot off the clutch. He never answered the phone and had the dealership locked up. It cost over $3000 to make it safe to drive and that's been over 18 months ago.
While trying to make home from my mother's, 75 miles on back roads, the car would go 35 for a few miles and then take off to 85 no matter what I did. I didn't know until the next day, that my granddaughter was texting her mom telling her how much she loved her and how sorry she was for anything bad she had ever done. When we got to her house she told her mom that she thought we were going to die.
2004 Chevy Venture that has over 370,000 miles put in it. I was given last year as a gift. It is my first vehicle ever driven I now had driven it for one whole year. It does have lots have miles on it, so I don't expect it to have the best performance, but it's my first vehicle and gifted. So I am really trying to stay up with the vehicle, so it has life for more years to come.
I have a 2001 Sequoia SR5. I recently have the problem of my car burning gas extremely fast. The more gas I put the quicker it goes. The least gas I put the longer it last. But I hate the frequent gas stops but dont want to literally burn my money putting more gas. Any suggestion on a fix. Spark plugs have been changed. Put new gas cap. Love the car but is draining me with gas.
purchased a used 01 Spyder (14 years old), appears to have been adult owned. Purchased my first one new with the 4 cylinder as I did not want a turbo. The V6 is a super strong, quick and reliable engine. The 5 speed manual transmission is excellent. It is imperative to use top quality fluids in this vehicle to prevent expensive transsexual and or transmission repairs. The 01 sat for over a year (part of an estate), that created issues with several components. Tires were practically new (dealer installed China junk tires) and they failed to stop on a snow covered road. Replaced immediately after that. Plastic radiator cracked on top, replaced with premium NAPA radiator, AC compressor went out as did power steering pump and alternator. AC big fuse in engine compartment failed. Timing belt replaced at 85K to avoid engine repair. Original top lasted 16 years in the Arizona sun, I will replace that myself. Dash cover has multiple cracks from sun, there is an aftermarket mfg.. that sells a molded piece that can restore the look for $125. Major issue with factory em wire harness headlight plugs. So much heat from headlights caused both plugs to melt while driving cross country, hard to drive at night without headlights. Purchased heavy duty plugs from NAPA and no problems now. All of the above items are age related so that being said, the car is better than new now. Fun to drive, very quick. I always like to know how fast my vehicles will go, under safe conditions. While on a trip thru south western Nevada, I found a straight level section of highway with minimal traffic. I was able to open "her" up and achieved a top speed of 125 mph in a 2 mile run! Gas mileage seems to be improving the longer I own this car. My most recent calculations showed that I got 33 mpg by driving mostly 65 mph. I highly recommend this vehicle for anyone that really enjoys driving a "sports car". Currently looking to add an electrical oil pressure gauge in addition to the factory "idiot light", as a change in oil pressure can be fatal to an engine if not addressed immediately.
Hi I own a 2008 CLK350clk Avantgarde. First registered Dec 2009. Bought second hand in 2013 with 58,000km, now (Nov16) done 78,000km. I love the car. However it has had more than its fair share of issues for such a fancy car!
1 Oil cooler replaced 2013 58,000km
2 Front discs brakes and pads all round replaced (warped?) 2013 @ 65,000km
3 Self adjusting headlight's sensor rod on stabiliser trapped making lights shine down 213 60,000km. Freed and Okay.
4 Air cooler compressor failed and replaced @ 70,000km 2015
5 Sunroof plastic catches and breaks, replaced at 70,000km 2015. Have to hold close button until fully closed or else it reopens partially.
6 Intermittent droopy RHS front self levelling headlight sometimes does not come up when engine has started. Repair offered is to buy a new headlight ($3,000!) I live with multiple engine restarts which fixes it - mostly!
I need to know where the long and short bolts go on the waterpump.
2004 Ram 1500 4x4 with hemi

This is the second Dodge truck I've owned and will be the last. I've paid almost 4k in rebuilding the front end. That is also not mention all the cheap interior parts I've had to replace and all the other annoying crap, that is obviously just poorly made. I will be going back to Nissan and Toyota products only. Sorry Dodge but you need to focus on quality control, big time.
Have had my 2007 X5 4.8 for over a year, bought it as a replacement for my BMW 330CI. Have been completely satisfied with the car, plenty of power, good on the highway, responsive braking, all around good vehicle. I did replace the rear air springs as the passenger side was deflating when sitting for extended periods, about $340 in parts and repairs were done at a local garage for another $300. BMW has a very specific list of services that have to be performed at predetermined intervals, such as, changing the brake fluid, the engine coolant, the transmission fluid, and so on, the diagnostic system that comes with the car keeps you informed on what service is required and when. As a buyer it is imperative that you remember, you are buying a 9 year old vehicle, and your going to get some problems that occur with age, if you want one that requires little to no maintenance, buy a new one at 5 times the cost of a used 2007.
I have a 1996 Lincoln Town car signature...low miles...what a comfortable ride!!!..I had to address a couple things that are known to go bad on the car...they were not a big deal...bda(blend door acutator), rear pull down switch.moon roof switch...I fixed myself...
smooth power, safe cruiser, still looks really good after all these years.
I bought this vehicle 3 years ago at 65000 miles. I'm now at 120,000 miles I've replaced the front suspension twice because of rust. ( I live in eastern Canada) Replaced the gas tank because of rust. Now the rear sub-frame is rusted beyond repair. I've replaced the front sub frame with a good used one I paid 500$ for. A few months ago Mitsubishi issued a recall for the front sub-frame but if you replaced it with used it's not covered. (new cost 1200 + +) In my opinion it could be a good vehicle in the deep south but it's not designed for the northern US or Canada. I have an issue with the motor nobody was able to resolve. I change the oil and filter and a week later the oil is black like it had 8000 miles on it. Changed and cleaned many parts to resolve this but to no avail. As far as the all wheel drive part it's great never a problem.
I have 2014 Lacrosse with 43,000 miles. Just recently I had the left front wheel bearing replaced under warranty. Otherwise the car is perfect. My question is every once in awhile, when I first .start the car I see two different displays on my instrument cluster. They are an oil temp in the left area and a brake & accel on the right. They both go off in a matter of seconds. Should they be displayed continuously or are they for a different model. My car is a Premium 1SP with 3.6L FWD. Thanks.