Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

2004 Chevy Venture that has over 370,000 miles put in it. I was given last year as a gift. It is my first vehicle ever driven I now had driven it for one whole year. It does have lots have miles on it, so I don't expect it to have the best performance, but it's my first vehicle and gifted. So I am really trying to stay up with the vehicle, so it has life for more years to come.
I have a 2001 Sequoia SR5. I recently have the problem of my car burning gas extremely fast. The more gas I put the quicker it goes. The least gas I put the longer it last. But I hate the frequent gas stops but dont want to literally burn my money putting more gas. Any suggestion on a fix. Spark plugs have been changed. Put new gas cap. Love the car but is draining me with gas.
purchased a used 01 Spyder (14 years old), appears to have been adult owned. Purchased my first one new with the 4 cylinder as I did not want a turbo. The V6 is a super strong, quick and reliable engine. The 5 speed manual transmission is excellent. It is imperative to use top quality fluids in this vehicle to prevent expensive transsexual and or transmission repairs. The 01 sat for over a year (part of an estate), that created issues with several components. Tires were practically new (dealer installed China junk tires) and they failed to stop on a snow covered road. Replaced immediately after that. Plastic radiator cracked on top, replaced with premium NAPA radiator, AC compressor went out as did power steering pump and alternator. AC big fuse in engine compartment failed. Timing belt replaced at 85K to avoid engine repair. Original top lasted 16 years in the Arizona sun, I will replace that myself. Dash cover has multiple cracks from sun, there is an aftermarket mfg.. that sells a molded piece that can restore the look for $125. Major issue with factory em wire harness headlight plugs. So much heat from headlights caused both plugs to melt while driving cross country, hard to drive at night without headlights. Purchased heavy duty plugs from NAPA and no problems now. All of the above items are age related so that being said, the car is better than new now. Fun to drive, very quick. I always like to know how fast my vehicles will go, under safe conditions. While on a trip thru south western Nevada, I found a straight level section of highway with minimal traffic. I was able to open "her" up and achieved a top speed of 125 mph in a 2 mile run! Gas mileage seems to be improving the longer I own this car. My most recent calculations showed that I got 33 mpg by driving mostly 65 mph. I highly recommend this vehicle for anyone that really enjoys driving a "sports car". Currently looking to add an electrical oil pressure gauge in addition to the factory "idiot light", as a change in oil pressure can be fatal to an engine if not addressed immediately.
Hi I own a 2008 CLK350clk Avantgarde. First registered Dec 2009. Bought second hand in 2013 with 58,000km, now (Nov16) done 78,000km. I love the car. However it has had more than its fair share of issues for such a fancy car!
1 Oil cooler replaced 2013 58,000km
2 Front discs brakes and pads all round replaced (warped?) 2013 @ 65,000km
3 Self adjusting headlight's sensor rod on stabiliser trapped making lights shine down 213 60,000km. Freed and Okay.
4 Air cooler compressor failed and replaced @ 70,000km 2015
5 Sunroof plastic catches and breaks, replaced at 70,000km 2015. Have to hold close button until fully closed or else it reopens partially.
6 Intermittent droopy RHS front self levelling headlight sometimes does not come up when engine has started. Repair offered is to buy a new headlight ($3,000!) I live with multiple engine restarts which fixes it - mostly!
I need to know where the long and short bolts go on the waterpump.
2004 Ram 1500 4x4 with hemi

This is the second Dodge truck I've owned and will be the last. I've paid almost 4k in rebuilding the front end. That is also not mention all the cheap interior parts I've had to replace and all the other annoying crap, that is obviously just poorly made. I will be going back to Nissan and Toyota products only. Sorry Dodge but you need to focus on quality control, big time.
Have had my 2007 X5 4.8 for over a year, bought it as a replacement for my BMW 330CI. Have been completely satisfied with the car, plenty of power, good on the highway, responsive braking, all around good vehicle. I did replace the rear air springs as the passenger side was deflating when sitting for extended periods, about $340 in parts and repairs were done at a local garage for another $300. BMW has a very specific list of services that have to be performed at predetermined intervals, such as, changing the brake fluid, the engine coolant, the transmission fluid, and so on, the diagnostic system that comes with the car keeps you informed on what service is required and when. As a buyer it is imperative that you remember, you are buying a 9 year old vehicle, and your going to get some problems that occur with age, if you want one that requires little to no maintenance, buy a new one at 5 times the cost of a used 2007.
I have a 1996 Lincoln Town car signature...low miles...what a comfortable ride!!!..I had to address a couple things that are known to go bad on the car...they were not a big deal...bda(blend door acutator), rear pull down switch.moon roof switch...I fixed myself...
smooth power, safe cruiser, still looks really good after all these years.
I bought this vehicle 3 years ago at 65000 miles. I'm now at 120,000 miles I've replaced the front suspension twice because of rust. ( I live in eastern Canada) Replaced the gas tank because of rust. Now the rear sub-frame is rusted beyond repair. I've replaced the front sub frame with a good used one I paid 500$ for. A few months ago Mitsubishi issued a recall for the front sub-frame but if you replaced it with used it's not covered. (new cost 1200 + +) In my opinion it could be a good vehicle in the deep south but it's not designed for the northern US or Canada. I have an issue with the motor nobody was able to resolve. I change the oil and filter and a week later the oil is black like it had 8000 miles on it. Changed and cleaned many parts to resolve this but to no avail. As far as the all wheel drive part it's great never a problem.
I have 2014 Lacrosse with 43,000 miles. Just recently I had the left front wheel bearing replaced under warranty. Otherwise the car is perfect. My question is every once in awhile, when I first .start the car I see two different displays on my instrument cluster. They are an oil temp in the left area and a brake & accel on the right. They both go off in a matter of seconds. Should they be displayed continuously or are they for a different model. My car is a Premium 1SP with 3.6L FWD. Thanks.
I bought my 1992 300SL 5 months ago,May of 2016.and from the start while driving the car from CA to WA it had rough start problems.The brakes were spongy and even after having the master cylinder replaced and the entire brake system checked twice the brakes are still spongy.The factory radio failed long ago and I replaced it with an aftermarket unit.But the most chronic problem of all is high speed stalling.On the freeway,uphill,downhill,all of a sudden the motor stalls and is not easy to restart.It happened again just today,Nov 06-2016,in a most dangerous situation.We were driving down a steep grade and suddenly the car stalled when I let up on the gas pedal.The car would not start and we were now going down a very steep grade without power brakes or power at all.We were lucky I found a turn-out to stop and even then it was very nearly impossible because the brakes are very difficult to use without the motor on.This condition is now scaring me and my lady friend now refuses to ride in the car.Can anybody help me with this serious problem?The car has 174K miles and is still a very clean car.Could this be an ignition problem?Thank you for reading my review.
Got the vehicle used. Have not had that many problems with it. Runs like a top. Have taken it on trips from Florida ( South Florida) to New Jersey and three trips to North Carolina. Love the vehicle so much that I have given it a name. Annie!
I had a Suzuki before I loved it got into a car accident and save my life decided to get another one unfortunately I did buy it used its a 2008 paint job is peeling power steering pump needs replaced fuel pump needs to be replaced if I would have known it was going to be $1,200 to replace labor not included I wouldn't have bought this SUV all at a hundred thousand miles front CVC joints Hub and bearings were replaced on right side
I love my 2000 Honda odyssey. It has 292,754 miles and still running. Only have one issue and it's with the dash lights staying on followed by total loss of power. Hoping it's just the alternator. My odyssey has been a life saver and for it being 16 years old with high mileage and only having this one issue IM SOLD ON THE HONDA ODYSSEY!! My family wont own any other mini van.
I have 2 Volvo's. One is a 2002- S60 and the other one is a '08 XC90. Both vehicles have the same problem. This only occurs in cold weather. Neither of them will shift out of park. They will not move! I have tried heating up the vehicle, wiggling the switch, turning car on and off, pumping brakes, moving steering wheel up and down and everything that I have read to do on the internet and nothing helps. Sometimes it takes it 30 minutes to an hour before it will finally shift out of park and then at time I have to force it. There should be a recall on this since I have read multiple people having the same problem. This is happening with all year, make and models of Volvo! I need some help on what to do and advice on what will resolve this problem.
I bought a 2012 ML350 bluetec in 2015 with 38,000 miles. The driver's side seat belt does not always work and the cigarette lighter does not work at all. The rear brakes had to be replaced at 52,000 miles at a cost of $800. Now, at 68,000 miles, the oil cooler is leaking and will cost over $5,000 to repair. The vehicle is out of warranty and the extended warranty I purchased will not cover the oil cooler repair. If anyone else has had to repair their oil cooler, please share what it cost to repair. Otherwise, this vehicle drives like a dream and gets good mpg which is the reason I purchased the vehicle in the first place. My second reason for buying this vehicle is my mistaken impression of Mercedes Benz quality, durability, and reputation. I am disappointed.
Original owners of our 06 CXL. In 9 years we've replaced alternator-battery-water pump-thermostat-normal oil changes-tail light bulb and third set of tires with 118K miles. Just replaced wheel hubs (preventive), rotors and brakes then drove 2500 miles round trip to Florida with the odometer starting at 115K. Only vehicle problem that occurred on the trip was a anti-sway bar link broke due to the road salt used in home state of New Jersey. Two years ago brakes failed due to rusted brake line also caused by the road salt.
Only "major" motor work was at about 100K had the intake gasket replaced due to leak. Had a code that came on a year ago indicating a tranny problem, shop quoted $1600 to rebuild, our mechanic did some research and found that it was a dirty sensor connection, cleaned it no charge, no code again.
We are VERY happy with our vehicle
I really like my 1999 Pathfinder ,but just found out about all the recalls.
The garage refuses to fix the things on it. They say it is too bad. Ten mins after getting it checked out for a gas leak , I'm getting the bad news. Deemed unsafe to drive. Now I'm getting low balled by Nissan on buy back amount. They are keeping my vehicle and I will have nothing. I asked for them to give me a new front end and let me keep it...
In a word, wow!! I can't believe the funds are in my account already. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made what is usually a long, drawn out and intimidating chore into a very pleasant and streamlined experience. I can't thank you and Mr. Amazing Loans enough. Mr. Amazing Loans for the terrific system, and you for the wonderful service. You are both quite awesome! if you need an urgent loan you can email them at johnsmithloanhome@live.com
Bought used with 47201 on odometer, runs great, look great, really happy with my purchase. Only thing had to replace was the right passenger headlight bulb.
I purchased (rescued) my roughly mistreated baby from a shady dealership in South Gate, CA after being recently T-boned in my 2011 Crowned Jewel of a Camaro, Veronica. She was pronounced dead the following week, but she had been THE MOST RELIABLE car that I have ever owned, never needing even the slightest repair in the nearly 3 years that she was with me.

I knew that if I got ANYTHING other than a Veronica 2.0 I would absolutely loathe it. Unfortunately, my current credit situation has been in a state of flux lately, and although I certainly wasn't planning on needing to buy another car now, or EVER for that matter, my hand was being forced. After being taken for a ride and playing the "it's at one of our OTHER lots" followed by the "it's just been sold, but how about this one?" game, I met The Parabola and found a surprisingly clean CarFax report for her. I could tell that she had been abused by her former driver, and I wasn't able to get up to a fast enough speed during the test drive to find the wobble in the front end, but I could tell that the engine was solid and that she needed a good home. Plus, she was going to be my only real option of getting back into a Camaro as there just WEREN'T any other Black Automatic LS Gen5 Camaros available that I had any hope of being approved for. You don't go from 2.99% to 19.95% unless you are in a bad position, and these guys advertised that they would finance practically ANYBODY. So, it was her or nothing.

More ACTUAL review to come after I've spent more time with her:

She's spent these first couple weeks getting some minor work done, and an alignment resolved the wobble! She now has all new tires and is about to get new brakes. The engine is STILL purring like a kitten when she's relaxed and roaring like an angry lion when she's on a mission, and I can already tell that once the small issues are finally handled that she's going to be just as content and low-maintenance as her predecessor. After all, I may not have been the first to own her, but I AM the first to love her. Cars can tell whether or not you care for them, and they're prone to acting up much more often for drivers who tend to disparage or mistreat them. Just watch Poltergeist 2!
I purchased the 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring in 2005 and have averaged $12,00.00 per year for maintenance. I have 153,400 miles and I have replaced the PAX tires three times at $1,300.00 each time. I think I am about to replace the tires again. I just finished doing a maintenance summary with Excel and I was surprised how much money I have spent on the Honda van.
Excellent car, just passed 100,000 miles in its 10th year. This manual diesel engine is just getting started. Consistently delivers 45-50 miles to the gallon and 550-600 miles to a tank.
I buy these car in 2007 with 10,000 mi and I think this is reliable. I change oil and filter every 6000 miles and now is 160000 and is running like new the engine. I never change transmission oil and run every time in sport mode with no problems. I will change next week!! One time have a problem with the intake manifold a plastic piece that controls vacuum. I remplace myself with a metal one that sells in ebay that's about 100000miles.
Remplace alternator because I dropped oil when change the motor oil that's my fault!. Remplace front disk and brake pads 2 times. Air conditioning need some gas but the guy dont bill me because was few. Car paint is original red and is glossy but all plastics part start scratching few month ago, car never sleeps on carport. I put 2 batteries including the oem. The two oxygen sensor at 140000. Front suspension change about one year ago buy $349 kit on ebay and $150 for alignment and labor and the car run like new again. Interior are black and the seats are like new steering wheel and plastic part have some scratch part have cheap construction.
I purchased my 2007 Kia Spectra in Sept. 2007 and I have had it for 9 years with little to no trouble. It currently has 248,000 miles on it. I have replaced a 02 censor (I think thats the name of it). My cd player has died but I do see that this is common in the car. Recently had trouble with the timing change belt as I never ever had it changed and it was to be changed at a little over 100,000 miles and I never changed spark plugs either so when you know better you do better :) Now the car is up and running just fine! I guess I also got the golden car but my life is just like that song "I've been everywhere, I've been everywhere". Everywhere in my car! I love this car, but I recently bought a new one because it has gotten old. I used this car for work, school and anything else. 1 thing that I do hate is that it did not have cruise control. UGH!
my van always saking
I have only owned my 2003 SL55 AMG
for about a week and these reviews scare me. I hope only those who have problems write these reviews and that many of these SL55s are very reliable and don't have many problems. If any of you reading this have had good luck and not many problems, please comment before I decide to sell mine, I love it so far but these comments scare me, I'm not rich. Drives and handles beautifully and I hate to park it and get out of it.
When its behavior issues are fixed it is amazing. It likes to eat strut mounts the most... If you buy one get it cheep because people dont maintain these well. If you keep up on maintenance you will be ok.... Definitely buy a icarsoft 906i scanner and the necessary tools to work on this car. If you have no clue it will cost a bit more.....
Pearl white beauty..it's a sleek sporty rocket machine..elegant looking from all angles..performs excellent w/over 200,000 miles, 80 on the fwy is smooth, always put in 89 gas..oil changes every 5K miles, do it myself w/new oil filter...love this car..it's so gorgeous!
bought a 2011 C300. When it came to extended warranty, I was told that it was a 2010 late model and therefore warranty expires in 2015.
Needs new ABS/ Traction control module. It has a total of 25,007 miles. I was told not covered under warranty. Service managers response: Mercedes is not responsible for quality of parts. Had to pay over $2000 to fix this.
Never heard of such module going bad. Mercedes should stand behind their product and fix it even outside of warranty..