Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Car owners review and rate their cars.

At or about 15000 miles the accelerator stopped responding. The car could only accelerate by using the cruse control lever. Took the car to West Palm Beach Mercedes. Ten days later It was ready for pick up. The car drove normally with proper acceleration for one day when on I-95 I was passing a car and moved in front of it at Donald Ross exit when it failed to keep the speed and the accelerator stopped responding. Fortunately an accident was averted. I took the car back to service. This time they kept it for over two weeks. The accelerator works now but when the car is in traffic in slow speed it moves forward with ever so small but perceivable jerks. I did not take the car back to service. The initial enthusiasm and fun to drive a diesel Mercedes is over. It takes me to work and brings me home.
I bought a used 1993 Toyota Deluxe 4x4 with the 22R-E for my son, it had 171k on the clock. My son drove it until he went off to college and took my 1997 4Runner Limited with him.

I didn't mind the switch because I liked the little beast...It was a south of the rust belt truck, as it had no rusted chassis and few if any body spots. I just finished doing the timing chain, because of a failed plastic guide. While the engine was unbuttoned I did the oil and water pump as well, new cover gasket, oil pan and every component on the front steering, including pitman, idler and shocks, just because I was there and noticed all the stock components rubber was cracked and leaking grease. Now that it is all done, it runs even better than before, it's my favorite truck, simple to fix, strong durable engine for its size, great suspension, economical and reliable. I am not a mechanic, but this truck is easy to figure out. Only wish Toyota would bring a new version, but keep it simple, without all the electronics and with a beefed up 22-R-E
My 94 Explorer has a problem when I give it a great amount of gas, such as passing gear it pops, back fire and after that is goes on pretty good. Now for some unknow reason I have to keep my Master Air Flow Sensor unpluged because when I plug it in my truck runs terrible. I have had all 6 injectors sent away, new fuel pump and filter, check my plugs and wire, clean out my converter..The only thing I have not done was to change my timing chain, if that would make any difference..contact me if you have an information for me..mrjpitts@gmail.com/ 443-235-8769
2012 Equinox LTZ--Had to replace the timing chain and water pump at about 80,000. A couple of weeks later, a cam sensor. All Warranty....but would have been $2700 otherwise. Burned a lot of oil...was told to bring it in prior to 120,000 and they would replace the pistons under extended warranty to solve the oil burn. When I got there they said it wasn't covered and they wouldn't/didn't do it. I have 3 payments to go, and the car will be 5 years old in May. March of 2017 the engine had a catastrophic failure (136,000). Over the last 35 years, neither my wife nor I have ever had a car with a catastrophic engine failure. I was forced to put a new engine in and opted for a new one with a 100,000 mile warranty. $5000.
Make & Model: 2000 VW GLS 2.0L

I can drive 2 to 5 miles. Park the car, then come back within 10 to 15 minutes and it'll crank strong but not start up. Even had 4 guys try to give me a push start the last time but it just wouldn't start. The time before that a friend tried jumping the battery even though it wasn't dead but nothing. In the end, after giving up and just letting it sit still for about 30 minutes, I can start it up, and it will run strong all the way back home. If I try to start it up again immediately after getting home, it will. Any one else had this problem? It runs great, doesn't stall out OR seem under powered either. Please advise for solution.
I purchased my 2003 Honda Civic LX used. It now has over 200,000 miles on it and I'm extremely happy with the car. Honda's are long-term investments – low maintenance costs, low repair costs, and great mileage. I'm beginning to think my Civic will last until the end of time!
while driving temp gauge stops working when i turn off engine
cooling fans stay running 2 minutes start car in morning fan motor
makes noise 1 minute disconnect battery at night when i get home in morning reconnect
problem gone for a day or two problem then returns
This is one of the best vehicles I have owned. The ride is very comfortable and is easy to get in and out of. I have back problems and my wife has server dificulty walking and getting on and out of vehicles but not in our explorer We bought it as precertified from Scarsdale Ford just minor problems interior and licsenes plate lites WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE AND DEALERSHIP to anyone there service department is suburb
Bought my Camry to replace my 2006 Sonata and I realized I should have brought a Camry back in 2006 instead of the Sonata. I'll stop back and give my reliable report in 2 or 3 years. Too early to tell now.
2011 chevy Malibu great car except for ESC & traction control light keeps coming on and car jerks , bought at 30,000 after it was hit ...GREAT CAR until recent issues....but it seems faulty wiring may be an easy fix just frustrating
My mom bought this car for me after just a few months of buying it from Dallas from a dealer (Think Freedom Honda or ??/) point the "LIFTERS " went out which is hard to get to it cost 2,000 to FIX we were RIPPED OFF THEN GOT RECALL FOR LIGHTS AND AIR BAGS PLUS THE LIGHTS ALWAYS SAY SOMETHINGS WRONG.Now MY LATEST ISSUE IS THE BRAKE FLUID IS LEAKING ,I TOOK TO MY MOMS OLD FRIEND WHO LOOKDED AT IT AND ITS "BRAKE PERPORTION VALUE OR EQULILIZER) anyway its a part we need to FIX THE LEAK...BUT "THEY NO LONGER MAKE THAT PART" SO I HAVE TO LOOK AT A JUNK YARD.ITS CRAZY...PLUS AC WENT OUT AFTER JUST 1 year.Ive had it april 2013-to now I BARELY DRIVE IR its 77,000 miles And I BOUGHT WITH 30,000 SHOULD OF LASTEST WITH NO PROBLEMS THEN FOUND OUT THE CAR HAD A BIG WRECK AND GUESS THATS THAT! I AGREE IT SHOULD BE RECALLED WE ARE STUPID PAID 9,000 AT A DEALER FOR THIS CAR IT JUST NOW PAID OFF.I AM VERY UPSET BUT THE ONE THING THAT WORKS IS THE RADIO...THATS IT!
Bought 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with 8.1 496 CI and Allison Transmission with 179,00 Miles from Texas. The Body and chasis is 100% Rust Free (Why I went for it besides having the 8.1 and Allison Tranny) Upon getting it - there was a hole in the Radiator. Starter went within 1 week. A week later the water pump started leaking. Okay it's not that bad. I love this truck. Put in Billstien Shocks, Came with new GT Dextera DH2 Tires from Walmart Excellent Highway Tires. (Going to Ad Nokian Rotiva All Terrains eventually) Had new wires and spark plugs. I changed out front and rear Differential Fluid "Amsoil" put in Wagner Severe Duty Break Pads and rear Rotors.
Changed out front Bumper, Valants, Grille and lights as well as rear lights. The truck looks amazing aside from a small dent in rear and could use a new paint job in time. This truck is a BEAST - it's fast and has a ton of torque I think over 440 ft of Torque. It will tow a 32' RV Trailer easy. Gas mileage is about 9ish but it's gone up to 12.5 MPG I used Redline Fuel System Cleaner full bottle for the first 2 fill ups and now adding 4 oz of Lucas Cleaner/Conditioner every fill up. Truck runs MINT! Whoever sold it did take care of it but I'm certain what I replaced were all original parts that were 15 years in the making and just had done their time. No more Tundra's or Fords - The 8.1 with Allison is going to be a very sought after Classic. Just wish the seat went up higher - I set the steering wheel a bit lower but just wish I could raise seat a bit. Plenty of head room in this Pickup. Drives Nicely. Defroster could be stronger. Best Truck I've owned.
just bought a 2006 torrent suv..and finding out my heater doesn't work.had to replace it with a heater core and a temperature blend door..now the check light is on really..
i have not bought this car yet but i had some questions first the brak light stays on i havent checked the level yet but the brakes worked fine also the airbag light was on and the turn signals did not work havent checked the bulbs or relay
This is the best Lexus ever. When we bought it, it had 198,000 miles on it. It now has 240,000. We have had no major issues. We replaced the radiator, power steering hoses, and the pump. Usual maintenance on brakes. It is a comfortable car that has great acceleration and has been an extreme joy to drive. We're interested in looking for a newer model Lexus at this point, but I kind of hate to give this one up. When we first bought it 3 years ago, we read some reviews that indicated that people were getting an average of 350,000 on the engines. I have a feeling that this car will be getting the same. Fast, powerful, comfortable, roomy, reliable.
I just had to register to comment on our 2007 signature series van.110,000 miles..I am amazed that anyone has a 2007 Chrysler van that is good..We had one of the first Dodge vans and was satisfied but these are the problems we have had with this one !.. Replaced radiator,Front Rotors( warped) , all brake pads,Rt sliding door lock motor, repaired Lt sliding door wiring harness 3 times for breaks in wires, replaced both front wheel speed sensors,(Drivers side sliding door lock motor failed today) Road noise is bad, Uses 1qt per 1000 miles,Trans slaps into low gear jerking everyone, Engine knocks when cold, Loud whining noise in engine area now( Maybe power steering pump) ,Front left side pops loudly when first backing out, underpowered compared to Toyota and Honda vans.(a lot of these problems happened before 50,000 miles. Chrysler has lost me as a customer in the future and according to a lot of the post /they have lost quite a few more.They have given American cars a bad name. As a mechanic I know that Vans are machines that will have some problems but come on ,this is over the top! I feel sorry for the people that cant repair their own and have dumped their money into these pieces of junk. I would love to see a class action law suit against this company for their lack of responsibility towards their customers ! FOOL ME ONCE, NEVER AGAIN!
so for is good.
After my dad past in 2013 my step mom gave me his 2002 Buick LaSaber Custom. Daddy got it used he walked up to this car said I want it he never test drive it or listened to it. And we have never had any problems always passes smog. Beck of a motor has over 120 thousand miles. Only grip I have is the breaking issue I'm having they make noise..but it's a great car it's so pretty..Daddy named him Baby and he is my baby now..lol..
I had this car for exactly one month. It was my first car, I was a very new driver, and it is certainly not a car someone who is new to driving should have. It far overpowered my abilities as a new driver. I would recommend that only experienced drivers use this vehicle. The brakes were spongy, despite being performance brakes, and this made me exceptionally uncomfortable. I really had to slam on the brakes in order to get the car to stop.

I am writing this review mostly so that I can inform others of the safety features this car offers. I totaled this car by running it straight in to a tree at around 40 mph. I came out of the accident completely unscathed. I had burns from the air bag on my arms, and a mild concussion, but otherwise I was perfectly okay. I can say confidently that I may be dead right now had I been driving another car. This car did its job extremely well, and it kept me safe even in a very serious head on collision. If you are looking for a safe vehicle, this is the one for you!
I bought my 2007 chevy 2500 hd 4x4 used from a toyota dealership in ft myers florida. i spent a whopping 32,000 for the truck when it had 60,000 miles on it . i have had it a year now it has 106,000 miles on it and its a paper weight i owe 20,000 dollars left remaining on it. i was driving like any other day ythe oil light came on oil pressure dropped to zero i had it towed to a shop and they were baffled only 106,000 and engine shot tapping in bottom end. im not a happy customer.
had since 1999....wife's cars..... best auto I ever purchased .....engine purrs like new....only 110,000mi.....no major problem until recently though body
hasnt held up as well as rest of car......recent problem with battery.........something seems to drain it when not in use for couple of hrs wont start without quick boost from power pack.......have all accessories before jump but not enough power to start....replaced battery same thing...maybe cables ?......
AAA tech says charging system checks out ok needs about $4000 of rust repair and paint job....systems still awesome... may keep
My 2013 2.0 Taurus SEL is a piece of junk. I have had so many issues with it I could pull my hair out. The turbocharger went out 6 months ago and after replacing it, the gaskets for it, the vacuum pump, fixing the wastegate, and other hoses I now get to replace the turbocharger yet again. I have taken this car to Ford several times and called them at least twice a week to no avail. No-one can tell me what is wrong with this car. DO NOT BUY A FORD. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
Bought my 1997 American Edition V6 XLE new, now 250,000 plus miles later still going strong, although I have had to some unusual repairs lately. Motor mounts, Steering rack, sway bar, Struts & Springs all around, on my third set (4) of rotors, Valve Covers. And now my dash board lights are completely out, along with the Sun Visor which I haven't been able to find a replacement yet.
1991 300 SE 4 door

The car rides like a tank...unstoppable great car... a/C PROBLEMS AND SUNROOF off track...
6 cylinder great engine M103-- my only complaint is right rear floor has water getting there somehow...
195,000 miles.. was $55,000 in 1991 when new.
Mercedessource.com has most of any help you might need.These guys are experts far away from NY..but they sell parts..
Where on long island can someone fix this car is beyond me besides the dealers (crooks)
I bought mine new in 1992. Its still my favorite, most dependable car after 215,000 miles in Alaska. I did have to rebuild the transmission at 163k but I run 4 wheel drive all winter.

It is important to do the regularly scheduled maintenance and all fluid changes. Heavy 4 wheel useage will require packing (greasing) the front hubs at least annually.

I really wish I could buy a new one.
This was my first & LAST Honda I will ever purchase. I always heard how great Honda was. I am truly dissapointed! Of course, all the defaults are operator error and NOT Honda's! I NEVER had issues with my Toyota or Acura. The Civic is junk! Engine siezed, windows don't work, then the locks, new motor mounts and constantly getting new tires! Ridiculous!!! Never again!
This is my 3rd Toyota, (1 truck and 2 corollas) It just keeps going. I got a great deal on this in 2010 because of all the hoopla going on about the recall on gas pedal. I never had any of the "recalls" repaired. I bought it with 44K on it from a private owner who took care of it.

Now it has 130K. I've only replaced brakes once. (It's an automatic but I downshift a lot before braking) Replaced the serpentine belt once just out of precaution. Replaced the original battery in Nov of 2015 and only did so because wow, that's a long time and didn't want to get stuck in the winter.

I had to replace part of the exhaust around 90K including the muffler. My light on the shifter showing drive, reverse etc went out at about 100K. That's it! Love this car and will be looking for another pre-owned Corolla within the next two years.
I bought this truck from the original owner with 140 thousand miles on it. Now, has 240,000 miles on it. And just never let me down basic maintenance replace the battery and alternator brake pads normal stuff love
this truck woudnt trade it for anything.
I purchased my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Quad Cab short bed four months ago from the original owner with 226,000 miles original engine original transmission. The dash is in perfect condition no cracks. The interior is leather and has dried out a bit on both front seats, but I used a leather conditioner which helped. The truck drives like brand new with no signs of excessive engine oil consumption. Suspension is superb. I also purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 long bed with 165,000 miles in 2013 from my brothers mechanic who took excellent care of the truck. This truck is bullett proof and is built like a brick sh__t house solid as hell and reliable. Original Transmission and no excessive engine oil consumption. You guys wouldn't believe what I paid for each truck. $2450 for the 1500 and $2000 for the 2500. I saved myself $100K+ and these trucks will last 20 more years!!!
Rust!!...I own a 2005 Dodge Durango Limited which I purchased while I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY and while I like the power of the 5.7 liter Hemi and the 3rd row seating the extreme problems with rust on these vehicles is recall worthy.