Car Questions

Car Start Problem

(1990 Honda Accord)
in Alexandria, LA on February 22, 2011
The problem started this winter. The first thing in the morning when I tried to start the car, I would turn the key in the ignition, but nothing would happen. If I kept trying to turn the car on, it would eventually start right up. (Took anywhere from 3-6 tries - battery is okay-had that checked.) Now that warm weather is back, I don't seem to have as much of a problem with starting the car, but I am afraid to take the car out of town, because I'm scared the problem will reoccur. This particular problem has not happened before. Please advise.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on February 23, 2011
I'm suspicious that the ignition lock cylinder or the ignition switch is worn out. Get it checked by a Honda specialist.
Here's a directory link for you:
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Car will not start again if it is driven, stopped and then turned off. no starter clicks, battery is new. fuel sens...
We had a can of anti-freeze that actually had gasoline in it and didn't realize it until a small amount was poured in...