Car Questions

Can't start car - Anti-theft problem?

(1996 Lincoln Town Car)
in San Francisco, CA on August 24, 2009
When turning the key, dash lights come on normally, but once turned all the way to start there is a click and all power shuts off. Subsequent attempts produce no lights or clicking noise. When the key is removed from the ignition, the anti-theft light blinks.
I have been able to get the power back by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but the power only works until I try to start the engine, then the same thing happens.
I have access to two keys and the code for the keyless entry (no remote). I tried locking the doors and opening with the code, but still no luck. Both the battery and alternator have been tested and are good.
Is there a way to reset or disable the anti-theft system? This is for the factory installed anti-theft. There is no aftermarket system present.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on August 26, 2009
The chip on your key might be bad, call the lincoln/ford parts dept and asked them whats the usual process to take when the ignition dosn't read the key chip. The car thinks someone is trying to steal the car. I just noticed your in San Francisco call Ko at P and K automotive 415-587-8410 maybe he can help you over the phone, tell him Repairpal sent you, Good luck

Everytime I start my 2003 Lincoln Towncar, my windshield wipers come on and do 2 wipes and then stop. I was thinking ...
I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car. The blower will only run on high. I can not adjust from low to high but can move blow...