Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Can you replace the IMRC seals on the lower intake manifold and how.

(2000 Ford Windstar)
in Adger, AL on February 10, 2012
I don't know if I'm calling it by its correct name.I think my intake is leaking around the seals where the IMRC linkage hooks up to the intake manifold.If I can where can I find the seals they don't come in the gasket kit.Thats what I have been told.
Displaying 1 answers & 4 comments
Popular Answer
on February 10, 2012
They carry these at autozone. I have never had to replace these myself but, if you can get to the intake manifold runner control rod (IMRC) it doesn't appear too difficult from that point.
on February 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about the IMRC shaft that runs into the intake manifold.There is two of them.
on January 18, 2014
Did you ever get this fix?
on January 18, 2014
I found out that a small amount of leakage was OK. I did not have to replace the seals. Soon after the balance shaft broke and had to replace the engine. Found a used engine with 70,000 mile for $650.00.
on May 14, 2014
Wow. After a lot of research one guy is actually doing a clean and repair service. He replaces both seals and both bearings for just shy of $400. That was the best price then, now you can get a aftermarket manifold new for around $330 now. Fords manifolds are discontinued but I did find one online for over $600.
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I'm asking for my son in California -
This just happened last night. It has been running fine up until then.
Didn't find what you were looking for?