Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Can i move the base of the disterebitor 180 degrees if i rewire the cap

(1990 Dodge D150)
in Vardaman, MS on December 27, 2014
Ask a Question
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on December 27, 2014
Yes you can but .. this is the best way to set distributor: Remove the front spark plug on the drivers side..put finger in plug bore and have helper bump the starter until you feel put timing mark on crank balancer at 0 remove and set distributor with rotor pointing toward # 1 on distributor put plug wires in firing order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 ('clock wise' ) if V/8... Can't tell, you did not say what engine!.. Probably find vid on YouTube!! .... OR...Copy and paste this link below, it's the exact same thing!!
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Readiness monitor won't reset
Can t lock with key or push button.
Didn't find what you were looking for?