Car Questions

Brake problems

(1990 Nissan 240SX)
in Albuquerque, NM on February 22, 2009
brakes went out when driving how to fix them on my own
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on February 23, 2009
What exactly happened to your brakes? Does the pedal fade while you are on the brakes? Did it just go straight to the floor? Is it something else like grinding or squeaking?

If you lost your pedal pressure while you were driving, you'll need to find the source of the leak. It could be a hose at the wheels, a leaking caliper, or the master cylinder. If they're making noise, you'll need to pull the wheels off and inspect the pads

I couldn't help but notice your screen name so I'll say remember if you get the brakes too hot, it's very possible to lose your pedal. It comes back when they cool down but the one time I lost my brakes from heat, I warped the rotors :/
hope this helps

98 Jeep Wrangler sport 4.0 standard. When I use my brakes sometimes there's an almost violent type of a jerk. But...
I have 2008 Ford F350 King Ranch with a 6.4L engine. I can drive the truck for a free days with it not stop running....