Car Questions

Brake problem

(1990 Chevrolet Camaro)
in Geneva, NE on December 16, 2010
Rear brakes will not come on when pedal is moved. This is a 1979 Camaro. We have tried master cylinder, proportional valve and checked the line for restrictions. Front brakes are fine, but rear will not engage with or without the engine running.
Displaying 2 answers & 2 comments
on December 18, 2010
Check to see if the rear brake cylinders are rusted solid. You will have to remove the rear wheels and brake drums to check.
on December 19, 2010
Thanks for your answer. We had re-newed the wheel cylinders. The answer to our problem was to power bleed the system rather than use the old pedal method. Seems you learn something everyday!
on December 18, 2010
try bleeding brakes first if that dont work might have to replace wheel cylinders
on December 19, 2010
Thanks. I finally figured out the problem. We were bleeding the brakes with the old pedal method and were not getting any rear brakes. We power bled the system and now the brakes work properly. There must be something in the system that requires pressure to re-set the system. Again, thanks for your help.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

hi i have toyota v8 2008 model i jump start another car with my jeep but after few minutes i switched off then it...
I have a 2001 1.8 audi a4. recently my brake light started flashing and i thought it's not serious and i'd just buy m...