Close
Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Blown power outlet/cigarette lighter?

(1990 Oldsmobile 88)
in Pekin, IL on July 27, 2010
While i was driving, a penny fell into my cigarette lighter outlet and it sparked then my stock radio head unit stopped working. I replaced the fuse to see if that was the problem and the head unit turns on, but the digital read out is jumbled up and the outlet won't power anything anymore. I have an aftermarket head unit i can put in. How difficult is it to replace the outlet and get everything working again?
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Message center rings and has a low idle and sounds a little sputter from the tail pipe but still runs great
Didn't find what you were looking for?