I have a 1991 AWD Dodge Grand Caravan SE. I need to remove the transaxle to replace the Rear Main Oil Seal. This transaxle has a Power Transfer Unit and I don't know how to disconnect it so I can pull the transaxle. The only info I can find on the PTU says its seperate from the transaxle. The removal steps don't say how to seperate it from the transaxle. With the car having a PTU it looks like I don't have to remove the R/H Half Shaft. Some advise on how to seperate it or a website that I could go to find out how. Thanks............ Charles
automatic transaxle removal on 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
- my transmission locked up .motor run fine acts like wants to go but will not mov
- My van won't start most of the time. When it does it takes forever to hit.
- 10 amp fuse for ignition switch keeps breaking, what is causing this ?
- Why does my transmission shift so hard when i hit about 30, it stops the tires.
- My digital odometer does not go off when I turn the engine off. Is that common?