I have a 1991 AWD Dodge Grand Caravan SE. I need to remove the transaxle to replace the Rear Main Oil Seal. This transaxle has a Power Transfer Unit and I don't know how to disconnect it so I can pull the transaxle. The only info I can find on the PTU says its seperate from the transaxle. The removal steps don't say how to seperate it from the transaxle. With the car having a PTU it looks like I don't have to remove the R/H Half Shaft. Some advise on how to seperate it or a website that I could go to find out how. Thanks............ Charles
automatic transaxle removal on 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
- Stop running while I was driving.what can cause it
- Driver's side heat blows cold while passenger side is hot. Any easy/cheap fixes?
- Why does the heater sometimes blows cold air
- Why did both key fobs stop working except to start van?
- I have a vibration in the front end of my van more so when I am accelerating
1991 Dodge Grand Caravan Estimates
- 112,000 Mile Service ($132 - 189) in Metamora, IN
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Piggott, AR
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($230 - 273) in Pownal, ME
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($174 - 232) in Malibu, CA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($166 - 187) in Ruby, SC
- Engine Mount Replacement ($388 - 400) in Centerport, NY