Car Questions

Are problems with engine stopping frequent.

(2009 Ford Taurus)
in Gadsden, AL on February 21, 2010
Is it a common fault for the engine to quit while traveling on the road. I was going about 40-45 mph when my car stopped running. 3 lights lit on the dash. I had no power steering or power brakes when I pulled off the road. My mileage is under 5k.
Displaying 3 answers & 0 comments
on February 21, 2010
I haven't heard of any reports yet, but this is still fairly new vehicle. It should still be under warranty so I would take it back to the Ford Dealer to get it checked out.
on August 30, 2010
I have a 2009 Taurus LX that I bought in April 2010, it had 22k miles. The engine stall has happened 3 times, always on cruise control @ 55 - 60mph the 1st & 2nd time and @ 31mph the 3rd time, which was on it's way to the dealership. They gave me a computer sensor that I need to press when it happens again, since the diagnostics do not show any problems.
on April 17, 2010
I just bought a used 2009 Taurus with 26000 miles. I was driving in rain today at about 50 mph, coasting, when the engine died. Various diagnostic lights on the dash were lit. I had no trouble steering and braking to a stop. I put it in park and restarted the engine again with no problem. The problem did not reoccur the rest of the trip.

I first noticed it within the first week of buying the car, as it was shifting up 1-3 gears, it was yanking, shifting...
It will struggle, chug a lot, and then shut down leaving no time to get to the side of the road. It will start up aga...