Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Antifreeze leaking

(1999 Ford F-150)
in Carriere, MS on September 03, 2010
I got a " L " shape pipe coming off the water pump with a hole in it.It is connected to a rubber hose.The mechanic is calling it a Heat pump.He says its from 800 to a 1000 dollars for another one.Can you Tell me what the price really is ? And what it is called ?
Displaying 1 answer & 1 comment
Popular Answer
on September 05, 2010
The heater pipe coming out of the water pump is a common failure on 4.2 V6s. They can be a little pricey at the dealer, and can be difficult to remove after a number of years, but not nearly a $1000.00 repair. Unless, of course, the pipe is so stuck that the water pump has to be replaced, but that is VERY rare.The coolant line fitting on the front of the lower intake manifold is also failure prone on these engines, and will require a new intake manifold to repair it. That is a $1000.00 repair
Sign in to reply
on April 16, 2011
I have had the same falure, both the pipe on the top and the L shape pipe going up had big leaks come in them at the same time. trying to repair with pvc
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I noticed my engine light went on and the car started to overheat is when i discovered this problem, i drive 45 miles...
Car is overheating glad it tension pulley i’m go bad cause the car to over heat
Didn't find what you were looking for?