Car Questions

AC problem

(1999 Ford Escort)
in San Antonio, TX on August 20, 2011
I installed a new AC compressor on my 1999 ford escort accumulator and orifice. Did a vacuum on it then filled with freon it began to cool. After first can of freon the AC compressor would not cycle on again. So checked out fuses nothing blown. Then wired the compressor direct it worked. What could be wrong and how can I check it. I was thinking of wiring up a lighted toggle switch from a boat switch with a 30 amp fuse until I can figure this out South Texas heat sucks!
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
on August 21, 2011
1 can is not enough. If the system is too low, then the low pressure cut off switch will keep the compressor off, so it does not burn up. The system thinks the freon is way too low. Add another can on the LOW side only. If each can is 14 fluid ounces, then it may take 2-3 cans.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Got a 2006 chevy silverado truck with a 4.3 vortec v6 just had a tune up done and fuel pump replaced but when i go up...
Been needing jumps lately because when we got hit, the door lights always stay on so we unhook the battery cables so ...