2007 odyssey trans. problem occurs every time when i start and shift my odyssey.
2007 Honda Odyssey

2007 odyssey trans. problem occurs every time when i start and shift my Odyssey.

(2007 Honda Odyssey)
One owner perfectly maintained 07 Odyssey When I shift from park (P) to drive (D) it sounds stomping noise. In that mode if I try to accelerate or push the accelerator, transmission shift rapidly back and forth. Dashboard LED light (D) blinks. If there is no stomping noise It shift without any problem. Dashboard LED light On drive (D) stays steady but sometimes it blinks. Each starting I have to try several times. Can you tell me what causes this? I went to several mechanic but no success. I don't have dashboard red light. Computer is not reading any code.

What seems to make the problem better or worse? Worse when engine is cold.
How long have you had this problem? two months.
Tags: honda, odyssey
1 answer & 0 comments
on October 20, 2019

Comprehensive / professional scan test will be required - this is performed with a very high quality scan tool that probably has not been used to aid in diagnosis of this problem..

Now there are some possibilities that come to mind - however the same testing will be required to confirm.

Good luck!
Automatic Transmission Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on October 20, 2019

Good luck!

So my 2000 honda odyssey has high ldling and stalls out when stopped and it has a popping sound with the smell of fumes.
Starter and battery has been replaced. it has a half tank of gas and fuel pump is working. not a blown head gasket...