Car Questions

1992 Toyota Convertible Problems

(1992 Toyota Celica)
in Hickory, NC on October 04, 2011
The top sometimes goes up and down, but most of the time I just hear a click. I checked the fuse on the passenger side kick panel and it is good. Is there a relay that could be the problem or is it the motor for the top?
Displaying 2 answers & 1 comments
I believe all those Celica Convertibles were done her in the USA (I think there is a sticker on the driver's door jamb that tells who that company was. Thee operating gear is similar to a Ford Mustang of similar year. System needs some trouble shooting to see what is going on foolish just to guess.
on October 07, 2011
Thank you for replying to my question. I am tracing it and it works sometimes and not sometimes. I am thinking that there might be a relay in the circuit. Do you know if this is true? And if it is, where would it be located? A relay should not be too costly even if that is not the problem. Thanks again for giving me some feedback.
of AER Auto Repair on October 04, 2011
www.autozone.com might help you. they have a DIY section for free.

Rob Betts
www.aerboise.com
7736 Lemhi Street
Boise ID 83709

runs fine in park reverse and nuteral runs dies at stop r putting in drive
My car makes a whistling sound when I accelerate, It is coming from the tailpipe, I have checked for vacuum leaks and...