my ford explorer wont go into drive it goes into nurtual and reverse fine what whould cause that to do that and what can i do to fix it
1991 ford explorer on 1991 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by cbach1997 ,
July 25, 2010
Sounds to me like your clutch plates in your tran are on their way out. I had at 166,000 a hard time getting into 2nd gear from 1st. I changed it out of concern over getting stuck somewhere. You may also have a vaccuum leak which is in turn causing issues with the shifting. Vaccuum leaks are typically cheap to fix.
Verified for the Ford Explorer553 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer325 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer76 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer13 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer7 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- 50,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Grand Saline, TX
- 100,000 Mile Service ($319 - 438) in Gerlaw, IL
- 145,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Kennedale, TX
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Long Lake, NY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($366 - 425) in Munford, TN
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($83 - 105) in Martinsburg, MO