QUESTIONS

Q: 05 elantra.I dont know what the problem is, help? on 2005 Hyundai Elantra

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I have a 2005 hyundai elantra, 108k miles on it and when I drive at constant throttle and imbetween around 30mph - 40mph my tachometer bounces up and down a bit, sometimes more. It seems to lose power sometimes to and the engine does rev in connection to the bouncing of the tach. Also sometimes when slowing down and I slow to about 20mph I get a jerk as if it went to too low of gear. I have rplaced TPS and the input speed sensor, do I need the output as well? Or is it even a speed sensor? Does anyone have an idea on this? There is no check engine light on.
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Have the TPS and it's circuit tested directly using a real scanner and dvom to see if both readings match. Possible ECM or wiring problem. TPS signal has major influence on engine rpm and trans. shift.
| |
agree with answer #1.might be a diagnostic job for dans auto in Lowellville.i used to live there on liberty st.
Dans auto did run a diagnostics on it, but got nothing and was nice and didnt charge me because of it.
| |
It is possible you have an internal transmission problem. What does the fluid look like? it should be a clean pink color. Smell it too, does it smell burnt? If your transmission hasn't been serviced in a while I would start there. Expect to pay $100-$200 for the service.
Find Out Why Your Check Engine Light Is On