Stopped for gas, removed key from ignition and alarm went off. I assumed I accidentally hit the panic button on the remote so used the remote to silence alarm. After filling up car would crank but would not start. Tried turning key to on and could hear the fuel pump running. Opened trunk to see if I had a flashlight. Popped hood, reseated coil wire. Thought about what tow company to call for a few minutes. Tried again and it started right up and ran fine. As it is a 2001 Cabrio, can the immobilizer let it crank but not start? It reminds me of an old problem with an MG called a vapor lock. But I don't think vapor locks are problems any more. I'm glad it started, but without finding the cause means it could happen again without warning. Any ideas? It would almost be better if it did not start so I could find the problem.
Wouldn't start after alarm went off on 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
- I was driving on the interstate and my car just shut off
- My cabrio keeps blowing the ignition coil I've changed the spark plugs and wires and distributor cap. What could be causing this problem? I know the throttle body may be bad
- Where do I check transmission fluid
- Windshield Wipers stopped working. I assume it's the motor. How much to fix?
- Windshield Wiper Motor repair costs estimates