I'm thinking of buying a BMW X5 with 100k to 120k miles. What do you think? My last car (not a BMW) lasted 225k miles with little to no maintenance (regular oil changes, kept up on the routine stuff and had a great "roadside" mechanic)
- What do you think the average life of the X5 is? Can they easily get to 200k miles or will repairs get to frequent/expensive?
- Can a non BMW authorized mechanic do a good job on BMWs? He is a generalist (lots of Honda, Toyota, and American car experience but not much BMW specific).
- What main items would you tell me to look for in a prepurchase inspection. I plan to have a BMW shop do the prepurchase? What is a reasonable fee for a pre-purchase inspection at a BMW shop?
- Is there another BMW model that I should consider? I need 6 to 7 seats minimum....
- Any other advice? My other car choice is an Acura MDX. Dependability is important to me....
Any and all thoughts are appreciated.