I had an oil change about 2 weeks ago. They used 20-50 oil when they replaced it. I had no warning other than a rattling sound up by the fan. The next day after driving about 25 mi the car started smoking. The mechanic said they think it is the water pump.
Would the wrong oil cause the water pump to go. on 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 1999 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
- How much 2 set timing, I had belt changed and timing seems 2 to b off
- Will fixing a crankshaft rear main seal fix misfire&fuel pressure/lean codes?
1999 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($67 - $104) in Waxhaw, NC
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($171 - $265) in Coral Springs, FL
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($104 - $143) in Big Rapids, MI
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($142 - $193) in Mcbrides, MI
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($467 - $1,796) in Riverton, NE
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($391 - $465) in Pocasset, OK