I had an oil change about 2 weeks ago. They used 20-50 oil when they replaced it. I had no warning other than a rattling sound up by the fan. The next day after driving about 25 mi the car started smoking. The mechanic said they think it is the water pump.
Would the wrong oil cause the water pump to go. on 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by Visitor for the 1999 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- The ignition key can not be remove after put of the engine from the box
- Cost to replace the passenger side airbag POD?
- What causes the coil pack to eject the spark plug wire?
- Where can I go to fix drain hoses for sunroof. Is there a recall on this?
- How do I change battery to main ignition key or can I even do this myself?