Car hard to get to shift into higher gear(s) in the mornings upon first cranking/driving. Took into a shop who said it had no transmission leaks. Just read about the upgradeable software idea, and think they probably did not do this while in the shop. On shop ticket, was noted that there was a transmission pump problem...
Would I need to replace the transmission for a "transmission pump" problem? on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Call a reputable transmission shop or several shops in your area and see if they have had problems with these cars. Two friends of mine had transmission problems with VW around this year as well at relatively low mileage.
2 answersSeptember 14, 2009
2 answersMarch 03, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
2004 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Fuel Filter Change ($77 - $103) in Pocahontas, IA
- Battery Replacement ($143 - $221) in Little Cedar, IA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($32 - $76) in Lincoln Acres, CA
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($313 - $955) in Neah Bay, WA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Chesterfield, MI
- Window Switch Replacement ($125 - $192) in Syracuse, KS