i was driving home from work on the parkway going 65mph when the engine lost power and quit.when i tried restarting it would just crank and sometimes backfire thru the carburetor.i got the car home did some checking,the engine will start without the egr but the rpms soar.
would a defective egr valve cause your engine to quit at highway speeds? on 1991 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
- battery light on. While driving, all dash lights come on and car dies.
- Feels like the transmission is shifting from park to reverse a little too hard
1991 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Craig, NE
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($350 - 477) in Princeton, MA
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($327 - 435) in New Lisbon, NJ
- 52,500 Mile Service ($80 - 127) in Violet Hill, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($182 - 226) in Holloman Air Force Base, NM
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($227 - 339) in Cayuga, TX