i was driving home from work on the parkway going 65mph when the engine lost power and quit.when i tried restarting it would just crank and sometimes backfire thru the carburetor.i got the car home did some checking,the engine will start without the egr but the rpms soar.
would a defective egr valve cause your engine to quit at highway speeds? on 1991 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
1991 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Craig, NE
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Princeton, MA
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in New Lisbon, NJ
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($293 - 604) in Violet Hill, AR
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($249 - 322) in Holloman Air Force Base, NM
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($110 - 132) in Cayuga, TX