Front and/or rear sway bar end links may wear out prematurely, causing a knocking noise from the front or rear of the vehicle when driving on bumpy roads. Our technicians recommend inspecting the links at each service, they should be replaced if any looseness is found.
Knocking Noise Over Bumps Due to Worn Sway Bar Links on Volvo XC70
8 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 problem details
2011 Volvo XC70 97,500 mi,
Knocking sound every time I go over bumps.
Verified for the Volvo XC7026 reports
1 answerDecember 05, 2012
1 answerFebruary 05, 2012
1 answerAugust 10, 2009
1 answerDecember 03, 2013
Most Recent Volvo XC70 Problems
- Oil leak from PCV housing
- Worn Sway Bar Links Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Front Control Arm Bushings May Wear Out
- Transmission Will Not Shift Properly
- Oil leak from PVC housing
- ABS Control Module May Fail
- Oil Leak From Turbo Return Pipe Seal
- Upper Engine Mount May Wear Prematurely
- Oil leaking from the engine, dripping off the oil pan.