I just bought the car 2 days ago unfortunately. Has slight rough idle but it does need a tune up. Drove car turned off and parked came out 15 minutes later put key in ignition to start and key crumbled the plastic part with electronic locking guts etc still attempted to start with key part ignition turns but car wont start wont crank..nothing no sounds. All lights interior dash lights locks work. Please help
wont start or turn over on 1994 Lexus ES300
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by your.mechanic ,
November 23, 2012
Sounds like you need a new ignition switch...
2 answersJanuary 27, 2016
0 answersJune 07, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- The engine makes sort of a revving sound...
- Trouble maintaining tire pressure.
- Okay I just purchased a 94es300lexus the only issue I had when I got it was over
- How can I replace the passenger side CV axle. Seems to be seize..
- My car turns on but will not move until I put it in L gear let go gas peddle?
1994 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Add Timing Belt Tensioner ($72 - 107) in Moose Pass, AK
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($218 - 308) in Vonore, TN
- 37,500 Mile Service ($144 - 233) in North Hudson, NY
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($462 - 624) in Gasquet, CA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($92 - 128) in Goshen, KY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($374 - 421) in Loch Sheldrake, NY