Audi Q&A

2004 Audi TT Quattro Question: won't start - Numerous electrical problems

griggs64, 3.2L V6, Ivanhoe, CA, September 15, 2009, 06:29

Firstly – the switches for the, boot open, petrol cap open, and the internal alarm, stopped working.
Then the stereo stopped producing sound (but still works ok as it was tested in another car)
Then I put the car into highland audi who tested it and said they found nothing wrong (i.e. the electrical faults fixed themselves) except for the stereo producing no sound – then they told me I need a new amplifier (but I don’t know whether or not to trust this conclusion)
I took the car back from Audi and parked it outside my house for a week. Went out to the car opened the door and an alarm (beep) noise sounded) then it came up on the dash ‘FUSE’ and the power went dead. There was also a ticking noise coming from behind the dash board at the drivers side. This ticking stopped if I turned on the headlights (although they can’t actually come on as I have no power left in the battery) tho the ticking still stopped when the switch was turned to on.

1 Answer

lawrenceg October 27, 2009, 10:14

Hello,
    Did you get these electrical problems resolved? Was the amplifier bad? And what was causing the other items to stop working?
    Thanks for any response you can provide!