My car was not starting a few months ago and it would start to turn over but never actually start. We took it to a shop and the replaced the fuel filter and changed the oil (because I flooded it by starting it 50 times) and it started working. It worked fine for 2 months and started having the same issue a week ago. I only started it 3 or 4 times this time. When the tow truck showed up to take it to the shop again it started (about 2 days after trying to start it). Once started it runs fine. It still starts 3 days later like no problems. I was getting a 0430 error which is the bank 2 cat or the o2 sensors but that it no long showing as a code now that the car is starting. I am wondering if the cat is hollowed out and causing flooding or if it is just the o2 sensors. Any thoughts?
won't start on 2000 Mercury Cougar
1 answerMay 27, 2011
1 answerJanuary 31, 2010
1 answerMay 16, 2010
1 answerJuly 25, 2014
0 answersJuly 24, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- where is the EGR valve located on the base 2.0 liter engine?
- The transmission is not going into gear it accelerate before into gear the trans
- Drivers side door will not open from the inside have to roll down window and ope
- AC and heat are not blowing st all checked fuse good. Can't hear fan no odor
- 4.6 97 couger, , had a clogged catalytic converter I cut off , runs worse