My car was not starting a few months ago and it would start to turn over but never actually start. We took it to a shop and the replaced the fuel filter and changed the oil (because I flooded it by starting it 50 times) and it started working. It worked fine for 2 months and started having the same issue a week ago. I only started it 3 or 4 times this time. When the tow truck showed up to take it to the shop again it started (about 2 days after trying to start it). Once started it runs fine. It still starts 3 days later like no problems. I was getting a 0430 error which is the bank 2 cat or the o2 sensors but that it no long showing as a code now that the car is starting. I am wondering if the cat is hollowed out and causing flooding or if it is just the o2 sensors. Any thoughts?
won't start on 2000 Mercury Cougar
Asked by for the 2000 Mercury Cougar
1 answerMay 27, 2011
1 answerJanuary 31, 2010
1 answerMay 16, 2010
0 answersMarch 04, 2017
1 answerJuly 25, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- there is no heat, cruise control does not work, directionals do not work. I
- radiator and tensioners pully
- I have a 2002 mercury cougar that stop's running driving down the road.
- Cousin in the car turned cruise on it died and won't start and run now.
- where is the purge flow sensor located check engine light on with code 443
2000 Mercury Cougar Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($131 - $205) in Saint Maurice, LA
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Elwell, MI
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($396 - $675) in Pointe A La Hache, LA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($184 - $554) in Roduco, NC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($422 - $530) in Langston, OK
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($220 - $278) in Tow, TX